Enchanting Two-Toned boots lost my implicit??

"
kms1320 wrote:
After completing the Merciless Labyrinth, I enchanted my Two-Toned crafted boots with the Divine Font. I lost my 20% to fire and cold resistances implicit on the boots, which shorted me resists and put the value of my boots in the tank. Is this something that will be fixed soon? I really need those stats back.

Rip. Tangentially related is the fact that I have a very small chance (nearly zero) of getting the enchant I want on my helm..
"
Nephalim wrote:
... GGG has held hands in the past, namely locking down 6 linked items so you cant roll past them.

That is hardly hand holding. Manually 6Ling an item is rather tedious. So if after the 693th fuse you have your 6L but you're in a rut and accidentally click one more time and it destroys your 6L that's rather annoying.

I don't disagree that in other parts GGG has made things way easier; I just think your example is off.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Had gloves with the add proj. dmg on it...lost it all 'cause it got overwritten by the divine font. Ofc I only found out that this is kinda supposed the happen afterwards. Invested 2ex in the crafting of those gloves...so thx for nothing, gonna quit POE for a while after that, since this isn't the kind of motivation I seek - to say it mildly.
Black dessert here I come.
Well I just learned the hard way that enchanting your items takes a property off them. Ruined my gloves which had increased projectile dmg on them....

Would have been nice if the game communicated that beforehand as a new player has no way of knowing that.

At least there should be a way to undo the enchantment or a warning telling you "enchanting this item will remove "x" from it"

"
"
adghar wrote:
Okay, sorry, I'm about to sound like a bit of a tool/douchebag.

Fixed? What do you want to be fixed? Never in the history of the game that I'm aware of (started playing 0.9.something) have items been able to have more than one implicit modifier. Enchantments are implicit modifiers. I'm not quite sure why you expected there to suddenly be an exception for the new base items. No one ever said that Divine Font would enable 2 or more implicits. What it's always done is replace a null implicit with an actual implicit.

Please point to anyplace in game where this mechanic is explained.

Oh wait, you can't, because almost nothing is explained in this game. I'm not saying that there should be 2 implicits, but any reasonable person who hasn't had this explained would assume enchants are added just like on any other item. PoE is full of trial-and-error like this, a simple warning at the altar would suffice but GGG would rather be player-hostile and let you fuck yourself over.

This was explained in the thread about lab enchants? Maybe double check before clicking things you don't know what they do?
Wait, so we're expected to read and troll through every single thread on the forums before playing the game?

That is essentially what your response implies.

It is very player hostile and honestly for all the effort a player puts into to acquire specific gear, it's yet another kick in the nuts simply because, it isn't explained in the game.

There are far too many instances of this and it speaks highly of crap design, zero documentation, and a lack of caring about the players.

I've been playing off and on since Beta and I just had this happen to me, because, nowhere am I told "Oh by the way..."

As usual, I almost feel like I'm better off just standing in my Hide Out deleting chaos orbs to satisfy the sick, demented individual who designed some of these stupid ass things.

Another issue is that it is called "Enchantment" everywhere, not "Implicit modifier".

Simply changing the hover text over the skull to "Will replace or add a new Implicit Modifier if available to the item." Would help, but I still would imagine people will make this mistake.

Simply put; when you players feel like they have to become overly invested just to understand your game, you turn them off from actually playing it; it becomes terribly complex and honestly, not much fun. Fun should be one of the design goals, not "how lost in silly complexity can we get?"
Last edited by argenex on Mar 1, 2017, 6:11:14 PM
It literally explains that this will happen when you use the font. People don't read it. They pay the price of an education.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It literally explains that this will happen when you use the font. People don't read it. They pay the price of an education.

Except... it explains no such thing. There's nothing that says the enchantment will replace the implicit mod. On the contrary, it literally says that it will "add an Ascendancy effect". Very misleading, if you ask me.
- here's my sig
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Except... it explains no such thing. There's nothing that says the enchantment will replace the implicit mod. On the contrary, it literally says that it will "add an Ascendancy effect". Very misleading, if you ask me.
If you hover over the skull I believe it does tell you.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

If you hover over the skull I believe it does tell you.

It doesn't.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info