Enchanting Two-Toned boots lost my implicit??

Lesson learned well thats how crafting work. Thank u for ur experiment
IGN:_T_H_A_N_A_T_O_S_
It's amazing how you still can't preview the enchant and cancel if you don't like it. Which would also prevent the issue OP talks about.
Last edited by Raudram on Sep 16, 2016, 2:08:52 AM
This game is designed for players to learn it by trial and error. YES you WILL make mistakes , that's how we as humans learn. NO the mechanincs will not be served to you on a silver plater , this is what makes things interesting.

FYI : I also learned this the hard way , fucking up my resists and forcing me to buy new boots . We live we learn we move on .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
"
adghar wrote:
Okay, sorry, I'm about to sound like a bit of a tool/douchebag.

Fixed? What do you want to be fixed? Never in the history of the game that I'm aware of (started playing 0.9.something) have items been able to have more than one implicit modifier. Enchantments are implicit modifiers. I'm not quite sure why you expected there to suddenly be an exception for the new base items. No one ever said that Divine Font would enable 2 or more implicits. What it's always done is replace a null implicit with an actual implicit.

Please point to anyplace in game where this mechanic is explained.

Oh wait, you can't, because almost nothing is explained in this game. I'm not saying that there should be 2 implicits, but any reasonable person who hasn't had this explained would assume enchants are added just like on any other item. PoE is full of trial-and-error like this, a simple warning at the altar would suffice but GGG would rather be player-hostile and let you fuck yourself over.

We still do not have damage numbers on minion gems. Some things just seem so far down the list of things they need to do we might not ever get them.
Karma worked out, I just rolled some good replacement boots. I won't be enchanting these

There was this exact thread last week. Us veteran players wouldn't even think about it cause 1 implicit is how it has always been. But I can see why newer players wouldn't think about it.

You wouldn't want to Vaal a good enchanted item either for same reason.

That would be a gigantic power creep if we had 2 implicit mods.
"Enchanting an item replaces any existing implicits, including previous Enchantments."

It was stated in the announcement of Ascendancy enchantments.

For those who ask about the source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1592018

Despite that, yeah, it's a 7 month old thread. If you don't read announcements or are somewhat new in the game, you could always make mistakes.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
I have played since closed beta and as soon as I read your title I was thinking "Hey I should run my new boots through the Lab" LOL, Good thing I read the whole thing.

Internet douches like to be internet douches.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Been playing since end of Perandus and just did the same thing and fucked up my OP boots.... GG GGG, GG... Kinda sucks, but now I'll have to try and roll new boots or just buy another pair.

And announcements they can shove in to their assholes, cause an announcement is made once and if you have not been playing at that time than you are fucked.

They must make a warning on the fucking Divine Font itself, so before you can enchant you MUST read and click ok/cancel.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info