Commandment of Winter

"
MullaXul wrote:
Grindcore yours is obviously in a league of its own but it's already been addressed early on that near non investment winter enchants are killing people with north of 6k life/es in 1 hit.

You're right about your main skill not killing people though. Should it 1-2 shot people equally or better geared then you, no? Should it be able to kill anyone no matter how well they have built their character after you've shot them for a while, sure. There shouldn't be unkillable nutless troll builds in this game but the answer isn't to keep things like winter/aoe overlap around because they are.

I have a prooblem with this statement. It seems as if you are validating a builds power in an ideal situation purely off how much the gear costs. I dont like this at all and its the reason I advocate LLD so much. HLD is a great place for cheap uniques to tie together some near mirror'ed or just well rolled rares into an extremely effective build. I will never advocate that pure mirror builds should dominate the meta. It sounds ideal but also just dumb af. PvP is already a wasteland and I dont want people to need to RMT or grind endless hours to make a build and just give up since the cost of investment is too high to even trial the build, and chances are it will suck vs some other random build anyways, then they will want to reroll XD.

There will never be a pure meta where everything is balanced, so equating builds subjective power to eachother and who they should be able to kill doesnt really result in a answer on paper. My question was more so about how I am as offensive as possible and had as much damage as possible, as a CI build could, and still couldnt kill some zerphi tanks. If the answer is go low life then I think there is just a problem with tanky builds XD
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Sep 13, 2017, 6:06:31 PM
Trust me, that's not what I meant by the comment. I personally have never and will never use mirrored gear because imo its a fucking rip off and unnecessary. For 1/4 of the price I can get gear nearly as good, my game play compensates for the rest.

Still a scrub using terribly matched gear with a shitty tree shouldn't be dropping people with min-maxed gear/trees in 1 hit. I place value on a min-maxed numbers build with a solid tree over gear quality any day but just throwing shit at the wall shouldn't reward you with a good PvP build. GGG thinks otherwise in a lot of cases.

Also yes, like I said tank builds should have a better Achille's Heel. Not be able to just stand there with their thumb in their asses holding Scorching Ray for instance. Being tanky is one thing being GGG tanky is a whole different animal. A retarded gimpy one only moves when you touch it because it springs toward you automatically (flame dash) while it foams at the mouth (blight/scorching ray) echoing a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur sound. This animal should be put down. I'm fine with having tanky mechanics, even stuff like Aegis or Xirgil's it's just how fucking lazy...yet effective GGG lets it become at the end of the day that makes it laughable
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 13, 2017, 6:35:45 PM
idfk why it included my other post and a quote lol...

Ya I agree with that definitely. I think the biggest problem which no one is talking about is EA zerphis. CI Blight is a good counter but really bad in the current meta since a few people still go CI and you are virtually useless against them unless u find a decent swap and balance your char. I dont have any problems with ES regen tanks that SR anymore but EA zerphis is exactly like CWC was before th8e 70% nerf. They stand in the middle of the arena spinning in circles, like I did with fireball, and just kill anything that comes close. They can almost inifinitely tank any projectiles and usually use flamedash cwdt to get closer to targets without ever ceasing to attack. This is when I love winter XD. Since they rarely move and usually outdistance the enemy, they either flamedash into the barrage of winters or offscreen me and eventually get hit by winters XD
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Sep 13, 2017, 7:39:13 PM
wait, hold on a sec.

you guys are actually implying that the point of dual wielding is to deal more damage at the expense of defense? that's just crazytalk!

and backtracking a page... you sure the explosions from kb are blockable? the explosions... seemed to be explosions. and you know, not blockable. like the other explosions.

and ffs, i don't use negative cast speed. i think this forum should be renamed to complaints.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 13, 2017, 7:31:01 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
wait, hold on a sec.

you guys are actually implying that the point of dual wielding is to deal more damage at the expense of defense? that's just crazytalk!

and backtracking a page... you sure the explosions from kb are blockable? the explosions... seemed to be explosions. and you know, not blockable. like the other explosions.

and ffs, i don't use negative cast speed. i think this forum should be renamed to complaints.

oh my god... man... i faceoalmed so hard, the noise heard from all over the office.

i'll tell yo how coding in C++ works(thats what poe coded with) and therefore you can MAYBE understand how skills work in poe.

while coding, you put arguments to define the characteristics of an object:

let's say, Fireball(object);
projectile, Fire, Aoe(arguments)

all these "arguments" have their own methods/functions and all 3 properties projectile, fire, aoe methods, EVERY GLOBAL method/functions for proj, fire, aoe in the program apply to Fireball. Even so that whatever Fireball's properties are they override them.

KB is a projectile with Aoe Tag. go figure the rest. all attack methods(block check, accuracy check, armor damage reduction... etc etc methods) apply to KB.

you still insist that you know KB. i'm really amazed how ignorant one can get. really amazed. ALL skills with attack property can be blocked, the problem with EA is, it's explosions just have fire/aoe property.

however, it's initial fuses can be blocked/evaded/dodged cause it has "attak" tag on it. so all attak methods in poe coding apply to it.

anyway, it's better to ignore you from now on. You seem to be enjoying too much of your ignorance.

let's back to the topic, what I HATE about poe is, they just have to most likely add a new argument in Explosive arrows explosions constructor, and slightly change the coding. and THEY ARE NOT FUCKING DOING IT. typical f2p company attitude. THey just care about focusing on how many people prefer to use their product. not the quality of the product on every aspect of the game.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 14, 2017, 3:06:24 AM
ahaha looks like i got bored so much that i explain coding to those who can't even figure out after 3+ months of pvp experience explosion-aoe-attack interactions. stupid of me.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 14, 2017, 3:09:55 AM
I think I made pre 3.0 one of the stongest non crit winter in arena, I built just around it from A to Z. Screenshot was few page before this one.

IT was retarded as fuck and the most funny part about it is before that, I had a deadeyes with just the 30 more ascendancy nod and could already 1 shot anyone under 10k life/es with it.

Point is, it is fun to play around it for some time but whoever is defending this abomination is just bad faith or inbreed.

But hey it is the same with proj max distance or zerphi or elemental penetration or grand spectrum 5% pre-nerf or phy melee bleed pre-death door or trap damage. People in this forum will just defend their own build like rats on cheese and this is why PVP stay broken forever.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 14, 2017, 3:36:39 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
GGG don't give a shit about us and this is why PVP stay broken forever.

Fixed that for you
Last edited by IceDeal on Sep 14, 2017, 3:43:52 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

you still insist that you know KB. i'm really amazed how ignorant one can get.

wow. that moment when irony is also super hypocrisy. i asked a question. i guess that means i "still insist that" i "know KB"

don't fall off that high horse. it's quite a fall.

"
Rupenus wrote:
really amazed. ALL skills with attack property can be blocked, the problem with EA is, it's explosions just have fire/aoe property.

however, it's initial fuses can be blocked/evaded/dodged cause it has "attak" tag on it. so all attak methods in poe coding apply to it.

...you seemed to have just made my point.

i didn't say the attack can't be blocked. i referred to the "explosions" as unblockable. and in the last post, ASKED about it.

"
Rupenus wrote:
anyway, it's better to ignore you from now on.

THAT HYPOCRISY! hahahaha.

you literally typed that and then kept typing... and then submitted the post, thereby literally doing the exact opposite.

"
Rupenus wrote:
let's back to the topic, what I HATE about poe is, they just have to most likely add a new argument in Explosive arrows explosions constructor, and slightly change the coding. and THEY ARE NOT FUCKING DOING IT. typical f2p company attitude. THey just care about focusing on how many people prefer to use their product. not the quality of the product on every aspect of the game.

it's not just EA. hence, why i asked about explosions being unblockable. since detonate dead and etc are... unblockable.

*facepalm*
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
KB Explosions can be blocked/Evaded, it's a regular attack who has to check Block/Dodge/Evasion rolls to hit. You only think they are unblockable because they are tons of explosions happening at the same time and in close volleys so there are high chances of multiple successful rolls.

EA/DD/MI... ect are tagged as Secondary Damage and don't have to check any of the defenses rolls to hit. Secondary Damages is an old mechanic mostly used on the first batch of skills created, GGG didn't create a skill using it since years.

Check you facts before going full quote rage.
Last edited by IceDeal on Sep 14, 2017, 4:56:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info