Commandment of Winter

"
Rupenus wrote:
"
(ie: like your kb didn't one-shot with unblockable explosions from 3 screens away? haha)

sorry i stopped reading after this.

why are you just another trapper who has no idea about the game and gets cocky and pretends to be bossy because you have killed some people with clicking your mines or traps whatever?

yeah, that sure sounds just like me!

"
Rupenus wrote:
those explosions are blockable, evadable.

...ok? since when?

"
Head_Less wrote:
You don t need big investment to make winter lethal, if you already play with sambar that 6/12% penetration on them (and possibly 30% block pen on your winter too), even with base commandment of winter since it hit at least twice in a row it s 50% life taken away most of the time.

huh?

also, if one is dual wielding sambars... i'm going to take a guess that they're primary damage sources will outweigh winter by a stupid margin.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 12, 2017, 5:50:18 PM
so hot
IGN : Bondisk, Champion, Vegadisk
PVP Formula Guide Kor
https://blog.naver.com/aliac/221569081708, https://blog.naver.com/aliac/221569083928
PVP Formula Guide Eng
https://blog.naver.com/aliac/221571697824, https://blog.naver.com/aliac/221571734537
"
"
Rupenus wrote:
those explosions are blockable, evadable.

...ok? since when?

forever.

its actually really funny and had me laugh couple of times when you have 80k eva and all of your oppnents explosions coming frm 2 volley of KB can't success a single hit on you in a row
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 13, 2017, 9:18:00 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
also, if one is dual wielding sambars... i'm going to take a guess that they're primary damage sources will outweigh winter by a stupid margin.

If anything, sambar implicit is more in favor of the winter rather than the primary skill in a build, and just as grindcore mentioned and I saw first hand that he can kill my zerphi almost only because of winter.

In fact I saw a lot of people that can only kill me with winter, and not their primary attacks, which looks really silly when they try hard with their regular main skill and fail, but that triggered cooldowned 0-support skill does the job better than the rest of their build, it simply has way higher burst damage than most usual self casts/attacks while it lasts.

Some builds have easier time avoiding it, high ehp, block, movement speed, being an offsceener help a lot, but for the others it is really that bad as this whole thread described, especially since this is still just a glove enchant, which everyone sees differently how justified is the power level for that type of thing.

The visibility of the skill is clearly an issue too. If you see it without any other effect on screen in a darker arena, sure it's fine, but the brighter arenas already make it less visible, and the biggest factor is the effect clutter of other skills, mainly mtx-d ones, that can completely cover the winter effect, so you can only memorise who uses winter and just expect it to be there, not see it.

"
robmafia wrote:
the funniest part about the winter bitching is that it's STILL primarily from people abusing some other cheese

Some of the complaints are exaggerations, but people using whatever they are using not gonna make the problem less real, if you are really trying to prove they are over complaining, try making less personal arguments about people's builds, that just makes you look like a satisfied winter abuser milking the tears. If I may point out some cheesiness in your build tho, cluster traps is not exactly a balanced T value mechanic, it is much similar to aoe overlap, but with projectiles. Another cheesing about light trap is negative cast speed. I have no idea if you are aware, or taking advantage of it, I tested traps few months ago, and found out that the same CWC, CWDT, CWS cheese of stacking negative cast speed affects T value of light trap, giving it significant damage.

Also get your facts correct, kb is definitely block/dodgeable, so that comment was just as nonsense as you saw the complaints you replied to.

"
MullaXul wrote:
This is just the common practice we've seen for years. "I need it to kill the other broken stuff so it's ok". No, how about people take responsibility for their actions and start shitting on people who show up using the "broken" stuff. Rup will show up "It's all broken", nah it's not all broken.

You have high expectations for players, but honestly, whoever doesn't read these forums how should they figure out what did we label as broken? How should it occur in people using the broken stuff would feel "OMG, I oneshotted that poor thing, I vow to never use this again" over "OMG, I oneshotted that scrub, this is awesome". I mean it is only human nature to use whatever is the best, and we can shout broken as much as we want, it has a huge overlap with the group of viable, so it's also stupid to call for people not using them.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

If anything, sambar implicit is more in favor of the winter rather than the primary skill in a build, and just as grindcore mentioned and I saw first hand that he can kill my zerphi almost only because of winter.

In fact I saw a lot of people that can only kill me with winter, and not their primary attacks, which looks really silly when they try hard with their regular main skill and fail, but that triggered cooldowned 0-support skill does the job better than the rest of their build, it simply has way higher burst damage than most usual self casts/attacks while it lasts.

Some builds have easier time avoiding it, high ehp, block, movement speed, being an offsceener help a lot, but for the others it is really that bad as this whole thread described, especially since this is still just a glove enchant, which everyone sees differently how justified is the power level for that type of thing.

The visibility of the skill is clearly an issue too. If you see it without any other effect on screen in a darker arena, sure it's fine, but the brighter arenas already make it less visible, and the biggest factor is the effect clutter of other skills, mainly mtx-d ones, that can completely cover the winter effect, so you can only memorise who uses winter and just expect it to be there, not see it.

"
robmafia wrote:
the funniest part about the winter bitching is that it's STILL primarily from people abusing some other cheese

Some of the complaints are exaggerations, but people using whatever they are using not gonna make the problem less real, if you are really trying to prove they are over complaining, try making less personal arguments about people's builds, that just makes you look like a satisfied winter abuser milking the tears. If I may point out some cheesiness in your build tho, cluster traps is not exactly a balanced T value mechanic, it is much similar to aoe overlap, but with projectiles. Another cheesing about light trap is negative cast speed. I have no idea if you are aware, or taking advantage of it, I tested traps few months ago, and found out that the same CWC, CWDT, CWS cheese of stacking negative cast speed affects T value of light trap, giving it significant damage.

Also get your facts correct, kb is definitely block/dodgeable, so that comment was just as nonsense as you saw the complaints you replied to.

"
MullaXul wrote:
This is just the common practice we've seen for years. "I need it to kill the other broken stuff so it's ok". No, how about people take responsibility for their actions and start shitting on people who show up using the "broken" stuff. Rup will show up "It's all broken", nah it's not all broken.

You have high expectations for players, but honestly, whoever doesn't read these forums how should they figure out what did we label as broken? How should it occur in people using the broken stuff would feel "OMG, I oneshotted that poor thing, I vow to never use this again" over "OMG, I oneshotted that scrub, this is awesome". I mean it is only human nature to use whatever is the best, and we can shout broken as much as we want, it has a huge overlap with the group of viable, so it's also stupid to call for people not using them.

Ya most people are desperate and pathetic by nature, I get it. If you PvP in this game you have to be aware of what's abuse-able and what isn't easily based on the fact we're such a small population. If that weren't the case then everyone is really really fucken good at guessing since they pretty much all look the same minus a few MTX effects.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"

sounds like a clever and nicely put idea at first read. However, there are flaws. I'll keep it simple, when you enter arena, you get a gg gear(let's assume) you can't do anything but your gloves enchantment is one shotting, anyone who has better life-conscious than bacteria can understand something is wrong. poe has been so broken since ages that stuff doesnt require higher-than-bacteria perception to understand what is broken and what not.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I use my winter self triggered and with dying sun and tank shots to the face to get close enough to shotgun people with it. No ones winter is like mine and u cant base winters power off my build which is non crit and over 1k spell/ele/fire damage. I literally scale my winter over my 6link in some cases on the tree. Winter makes my build feel complete. If I cant kill someone with my 6link on the highest spell damage/bcr/and 114% fire pen build then there is a much bigger problem than winter going on here.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Grindcore yours is obviously in a league of its own but it's already been addressed early on that near non investment winter enchants are killing people with north of 6k life/es in 1 hit.

You're right about your main skill not killing people though. Should it 1-2 shot people equally or better geared then you, no? Should it be able to kill anyone no matter how well they have built their character after you've shot them for a while, sure. There shouldn't be unkillable nutless troll builds in this game but the answer isn't to keep things like winter/aoe overlap around because they are.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
If I cant kill someone with my 6link on the highest spell damage/bcr/and 114% fire pen build then there is a much bigger problem than winter going on here.

You are right, there could be many other threads filled with complaints, but winter is still a problem nonetheless, however your fireball can still kill anyone afaik, and after the cwc nerf it's not the best setup imo, I believe it could be definitely stronger as self cast now, but with selfcast you would lose on winter damage, because negative cast speed stacking also gives damage to it afaik.
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
If I cant kill someone with my 6link on the highest spell damage/bcr/and 114% fire pen build then there is a much bigger problem than winter going on here.

You are right, there could be many other threads filled with complaints, but winter is still a problem nonetheless, however your fireball can still kill anyone afaik, and after the cwc nerf it's not the best setup imo, I believe it could be definitely stronger as self cast now, but with selfcast you would lose on winter damage, because negative cast speed stacking also gives damage to it afaik.

I refuse to play zerphis or low life caster. Chaos will become a problem eventually in pvp and the increased damage is not worth losing CI. Winter is only a problem on characters with dying sun, tons of penetration, and huge spell damage/ele/cold damage/proj damage. I see so many other builds with winter which I survive at 3.1k ES. I have only seen a few builds, myself included, that really optimize the damage of winter and use it effectively. I really think many people here complaining are people on the opposite side of the spectrum which have a hard time vs winter. No 1 build owns everything and I am sure vs casters that dont have winter, u just demolish, I have seen it. Winter really gives casters who dont have any defense close range a last ditch to get a kill on an overly aggressive opponent.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info