[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
cdnza wrote:
So I started leveling this build today, and I'm at level 32. I leveled using Flame Totem and Firestorm, with a Lifesprig and an Abberath's Horn. I'm on Act IV and just took Ancestral Bond, but Flame Totem doesn't seem to do enough damage any more, and my Flameblast Totems take a bit too long to blow. What's the best solution for me right now? Wondering if I should refund the AB keystone and keep using Firestorm? Also, what weapons should I aim for at this level? Should I just get a +2 fire gems staff or something now? Leveling to this point was super fast and easy (as Flame Totem and Firestorm usually is!) and want to keep up this pace where a single totem will take out a whole pack. I don't know if switching to Bladefall is the best idea, since I took fire damage nodes already.

Also, does anyone have a CI leveling tree? I have taken a few life nodes already and am wondering if there are more optimal choices going forward to minimize refunds, if the CI build is truly better.

I had been playing an aura summoner prior to this in Essence, and am looking forward to much faster clear speeds with this character :D

To be honest I wouldn't level as CI. You can respec your life nodes into CI once you get high enough but finding CI gear as you level is more pain than it's worth in the end. Just pick up hybrid pieces as you go.

I used Firestorm myself until I had enough cast speed for FB to feel good.
Nachos? Yes.
Re: all the power charge discussion.

Power charges are pretty strictly correct for this build. However, keeping them up is annoying. Doesn't even waste any time, it's just annoying. I get lazy, we all do. Unfortunately I can't think of a better way to maintain them than the current one, but if anyone can think of one I'm all ears.

Also, looking at the Hierophant stuff people are doing I think I might test swapping at some point. It really does look a lot better than I would have thought. Once the CI info is done!
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thanks for the responses! I just played through act 4 normal and most of act 1 cruel using Flameblast Totems and they were actually pretty good! Just did a major overhaul of all my gear though since I was really fragile.

What's still weird to me is other weapons I try out all lower the tooltip DPS compared to Lifesprig and Abberath's Horn. Like, it seems counter-intuitive that level 1 and 6 weapons are better than all these minimum ~40 yellows i find. Should I be trying to get a good dagger so I can upgrade Flame Dash to Whirling Blades instead of looking at wands and staves?

I currently have Faster Casting and Increased AOE in a 4L - what do you think is the most effective support to add to the main offensive setup once I can wear a 5L?

edit: I think I'm just going to get a pair of inexpensive cast speed wands with decent spell damage/elemental damage on them (i think cast speed daggers are all high level), so I guess I answered my own question!
Last edited by cdnza on Sep 13, 2016, 8:39:13 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Re: all the power charge discussion.

Power charges are pretty strictly correct for this build. However, keeping them up is annoying. Doesn't even waste any time, it's just annoying. I get lazy, we all do. Unfortunately I can't think of a better way to maintain them than the current one, but if anyone can think of one I'm all ears.

Also, looking at the Hierophant stuff people are doing I think I might test swapping at some point. It really does look a lot better than I would have thought. Once the CI info is done!

Orb of Storms - PCoC - AOE - (increased critical strikes or faster casting)
Regarding charges, I'm ultra lazy and just use a level 1 CWDT + PCoC + level 1 BV + inc AOE. It works and I don't have to cast anything else.
Nachos? Yes.
Why not apply curses using Herald of ice + CoH + Assasins Mark? Shall it be bad to Inquisitor Righteous Providence node? I am sorry if this sounds stupid I am new to the game =D
Hi,
I have suggestion about power charges generation.
If you respec 5 points, you will lose 2 power charges (100% inc crit), power charge duration and some spell dmg per power charge (8% inc spell dmg), but you can gain 10% curse effectivness and 1 more curse on enemies. With this you can use Temp chains for slowing down enemies for better survavibility and Assasins mark for generating power charges and getting mana back for kill.

"
Ofnir_ wrote:

Holy damn. My life became 200% better with this.
Last edited by hardell on Sep 14, 2016, 8:00:33 AM
"
Ofnir_ wrote:

Okay, this. Testing it, it's ridiculously good. One cast, insta power charge capped. Will update.

EDIT: Stats for CI added. We're getting there.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Sep 14, 2016, 7:39:42 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
Stats for CI added. We're getting there.

You broke your template, videos are now in the CI stats spoiler.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info