[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
I'm fairly new to the game, so I'm confused about the lightning warp recommendation if cast speed daggers are hard to come by. Is that to replace whirling blades for movement?

Also, do the listed auras (Discipline, Anger) and the lightning golem have to be linked?

Thanks for the guide!
Whirling blades only works with a dagger, and you only want dagger if it has cast speed, so if you can't get one, you use lightning warp for movement as the next best thing. The auras and golem don't need to be linked.

"
evenson wrote:
what would be the best way to proc instruments of virtue without whirling blades?
I too would like to know this
Last edited by BlazeB75 on Dec 4, 2016, 4:42:54 AM
Trying to decide between Elementalist and Inquisitor, but as other mentioned, with Inq it will be hard to get good daggers for a while so while you use wands and lightning warp, how do you easiest trigger instruments of virtue?
"
Hjelpen93 wrote:
Trying to decide between Elementalist and Inquisitor, but as other mentioned, with Inq it will be hard to get good daggers for a while so while you use wands and lightning warp, how do you easiest trigger instruments of virtue?

In the meantime you can use a shield and shield charge to proc it.

Edit:Nevermind, thought SC only needed a shield to work.
Last edited by Curtsie on Dec 4, 2016, 9:26:52 AM
Not if you are using a wand, and that's the point.
IGN: Nuppimperator
"
nuppimperator wrote:
Not if you are using a wand, and that's the point.

Yeah sorry, for some reason I thought you could SC with anything.
I'm just picking up the Pizza's now actually, but I'm wanting to go with Hierophant over the Inquisitor ascendancy. I am undecided entirely on where I'll go at the moment as far as ascendencies are concerned. I'm leaning towards Hierophant but I don't want to get stuck on the harder bosses...

I doubt I'll be able to take this build in particular very far in so the end tier bosses shouldn't concern me too much; clear speed on the other hand will. At the same time however, if I push with the life based build I might probably be able to get high tier before I swap...

Was wondering if you had any suggestions on where I should spend my points on the Hierophant's ascendancy tree?

I figure Pursuit of Faith into Ritual of Awakening for 4 Totems, but I'm sorta stuck on the last four points.

I'm tempted on Divine Guidance into Sanctuary of Thought, and it seems to be my only REAL option considering that Conviction of Power and Illuminated Devotion have little use with this build.

On the flip side though, Inquisitor offers SO MUCH DAMAGE.

Does anyone here after playing it some have any opinions they'd be willing to share on the matter? A big reason I'm wanting to go with Hierophant is because of the two extra totems on clearing; but does that extra chunk of Cast Speed from Instruments of Virtue negate the extra totem in speed?

Any thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated, even if its just your thought one way or another. Anyone with experience playing this build one way or another want to chip in on the general game play differences between them?

Also, would slotting Elemental Focus in to prevent it from applying a elemental status and thus gaining the crit from Inquis work better than controlled deconstruction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards;
Jacmac.
Cant you proc Instruments of virtue by using orb of storms ?
"
Ghinion wrote:

You can proc the spell damage, but the cast speed is where it really shines.
What would you change in this build to be very defensive in HC? I noticed you linked to another guide that is supposed to do that, but it isn't updated for 2.5.
"
evenson wrote:
"
Ghinion wrote:

You can proc the spell damage, but the cast speed is where it really shines.

So how do we proc the cast speed? Im rather newish..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info