[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

There appears to be only 5% life regen available near the posted life tree (which will be needed if the +1 totem shield is used. I assume we'll get an updated tree tomorrow.)

Do you think that will be enough to survive the uber lab traps? Or should we look for more life regen somewhere?
10% damage shamanistic fury

6% crit multi shaman's dominion
10% crit chance
2% damage

4% damage ancestral bond
5% elemental resist

These are the bonuses this will get from the new passive tree. (ES)

Totem damage node near ancestral bond got buffed too by 2% dmg and 1% cast speed but you didn't take it. (maybe consider taking it now)?

Just posting so you'd know, they're minor buffs but still nice.
"
ilizan wrote:
Hello there. Thanks for the guide, seems very smooth and attractive to play.
Few doubts:

Flame golem vs lightning golem (since cast speed really matters);
While I don't have access to a faster cast dagger and still using wand... is increased % fire damage as useful as other mods?
Hierophant variant: have you tested it with a Rime Gaze (pseudo 5L/budget friendly) to compare the damage output vs the Inquisitor? Also what about that new Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield (+1 totem/but blood magic only viable for life/hybrid builds) and 5 totems?
Is flat mana something to look for on equipment overall or mana regen is better?

Thanks in advance.

Whoops, I thought I got rid of Flame Golem a while ago. Yes, you should use Lightning. Will fix, sorry.

I haven't tested with Rime Gaze but I'd avoid locking yourself into always using Conc Effect. Tukohama's Fortress is something I will spend a fair bit talking about when I update the life section tonight.

Regen is better.

"
How much life do you think it is possible to get for the life version?
I wanna use the new unique totem shield but I also don't want to have such low amounts of life that I get 1 shot by alot of things.

It's kind of hard to push that much life for the life version. I think you max at about 5k. HOWEVER, you can supplement that with ES, and for the Fortress version you can take MoM + EB to let your ES regen through the Blood Magic. I'm going to test this all out (without the shield of course) when I get home tonight and write it up. :)

"
NeutAtom wrote:
Hey man thx for the build, can you specify which 8 ascendancy for the Inquisitor, that we need to take, im a bit confused, btw i'm new :), in order if possible !

Thx !

Check out the Levelling Tips section, it has all this and more! But it's just:

Normal: Righteous Providence
Cruel: Inevitable Judgement
Merciless: Instruments of Virtue
Endgame: Augury of Penitance

"
Gkrafty wrote:
This has probably been asked but too lazy to scroll through 20 pages of replies xD. How does doryani's catalyst stack up in terms of using a weapon and shield for this build?

It's pretty good. Obviously you're forced to use Shield Charge in that case, and therefore miss out on a lot of cast speed (and crit), but it gives you very strong ignites.

"
Noitee wrote:
Thinking about doing this build for the upcoming league, got a question though:

Wouldn't it be better for clearing to have the 6th gem be Ele prolif, and swap that with conc effect for bosses?

Tried it, not impressed. Thing is, with Increased AoE the area is so damn huge that everything gets caught in it and there's basically nothing to prolif to. If there is, then the totem can just cast again, and that doesn't cost you any time. The less damage from prolif is super relevant in high maps, unfortunately.

"
H_Espenhein wrote:
How well does the build scale with currency?

I want a build that dont cap out too fast :)

It scales really well. Does fine on no budget, but you can pump currency into it and get all the way to Shaper.

"
Graiaule wrote:
There appears to be only 5% life regen available near the posted life tree (which will be needed if the +1 totem shield is used. I assume we'll get an updated tree tomorrow.)

Do you think that will be enough to survive the uber lab traps? Or should we look for more life regen somewhere?

You don't really need much regen to use Blood Magic. The cost of our skills is really low, flasks are fine. Likewise for traps - regen isn't much good against the massive damage of traps, you just need to rely on flasks.

"
CapnPie wrote:
10% damage shamanistic fury

6% crit multi shaman's dominion
10% crit chance
2% damage

4% damage ancestral bond
5% elemental resist

These are the bonuses this will get from the new passive tree. (ES)

Totem damage node near ancestral bond got buffed too by 2% dmg and 1% cast speed but you didn't take it. (maybe consider taking it now)?

Just posting so you'd know, they're minor buffs but still nice.

Thanks. I'll take a look tonight, don't think it is likely to change anything. Might indeed go for more damage over more defenses when the choice is presented, especially since totems also got resists buffs.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 30, 2016, 6:52:13 PM
Hi Pizza Sticks - Great build, quick question. Why do you take the Explosive Impact on the life based revision and not CI? Even while you are hybrid you ignore this node cluster completely.

Thanks!!
League starter is life-based? Or i can start with ES?
In your section 3 about inquisitor vs elementalist when you run the numbers vs bosses the burn damage seems wierd. Why does the elementalist hit for ~110k but the burn is closer to 320k? Is there something I'm missing? I feel like the much larger hits from inquisitor with crit/crit multi should be burning much higher than elementalist unless for some reason only the initial hit receives the "ignore resist" bonus from ascendancy?

If anyone has any insight on this would love some clarification because a huge advantage of Flameblast huge hits are the following ignites.
Crit isn't double-dipping on the ignite. Fire/Elemental damage is.
"
xReo wrote:

Ahh that makes sense, no wonder the final 510k vs 490k DPS is much closer then. So basically what it really comes down to is the elementalist wins vs lower HP mobs and the inquisitor is better vs bosses? Damn that doesn't help my decision making lol. Seems like the real decision is prolif and 2 golems (slightly buffed this patch) vs higher boss initial hits and faster cast/attacks?
"
vtsRunty wrote:
"
xReo wrote:

Ahh that makes sense, no wonder the final 510k vs 490k DPS is much closer then. So basically what it really comes down to is the elementalist wins vs lower HP mobs and the inquisitor is better vs bosses? Damn that doesn't help my decision making lol. Seems like the real decision is prolif and 2 golems (slightly buffed this patch) vs higher boss initial hits and faster cast/attacks?

Same problem here, im fret ab will do a Insquitor or Elementalist to start Breach League. My plan is Flameblast Totem Life-base magic finder :D

Tell me if u have a final opinion :D Tks alot :D
My goal for Breach League is to farm Uber lab as fast as possible. With life based build you have about 5k EHP, that sounds realy unforgiving for lab. Is it okay, because you can dodge most times, or would you farm maps /Lake first for a transition to ci?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info