[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Just use a "Remove curse" potion?
"
Z4kki wrote:

Using flasks of warding to remove curses will work with Soul Mantle, but won't give as high a DPS potential as using 2 Kikazaru and Self-Flagellation. Both options work for dealing with the curses, but using flasks feels clunky IMO. I ran with flasks of warding, before I switched to the Kikazaru option, and there were more map mods where I would have to be careful. Reflect elemental dmg with no regen and reduced flask charges gained were both more difficult than they really should have been. If you can afford it, it's really not too expensive to buy 2 Kikazaru and a Self-Flagellation. The hardest part will be switching around gear to account for the 2 unique rings.
Loving the damage with this build, even with league starter gear.

There are some map bosses I have trouble with however. Specifically, bosses with bows like the bird in canyon or bosses that are just annoying like the one in vaal pryamid that spams reave like crazy. Fuck the broken prince in vaal pryamid man, I've had to spam flasks to stay alive against that T3 boss every time I run this map. I have 4k life and he builds up his reave on the totems, so the AoE covers the entire room after the 2nd or 3rd hit and rapidly stuns me and drains my mana.

Also, should I be using soul mantle? I have a chest with 111 life and near 1000 armor and I'm worried about giving that survivability up for damage?
Last edited by EatThemInstead on Aug 24, 2017, 7:13:35 PM
Anything I can do to get better dps?

IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992
Does the Glacial Cascade version work well with Cloak of Defiance or do I need Soul Mantle?
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
Does the Glacial Cascade version work well with Cloak of Defiance or do I need Soul Mantle?

Cloak of Defiance will give you a little more damage reduction, but Soul Mantle will give so much more damage there isn't a good reason not to be using Soul Mantle.
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Z4kki wrote:

Using flasks of warding to remove curses will work with Soul Mantle, but won't give as high a DPS potential as using 2 Kikazaru and Self-Flagellation. Both options work for dealing with the curses, but using flasks feels clunky IMO. I ran with flasks of warding, before I switched to the Kikazaru option, and there were more map mods where I would have to be careful. Reflect elemental dmg with no regen and reduced flask charges gained were both more difficult than they really should have been. If you can afford it, it's really not too expensive to buy 2 Kikazaru and a Self-Flagellation. The hardest part will be switching around gear to account for the 2 unique rings.

I'm running a Chemist's Diamond Flask of Warding, assigned the hotkey to my space-bar, stocked up on crit and it's all been fine for me. I have almost 100% uptime on my flask and the hotkey change makes it far less clunky. So far I just obliterate everything but the toughest enemies and the only mod that gives me trouble is reflect because I haven't sorted out my mana issues yet.
Last edited by Zov on Aug 25, 2017, 11:30:56 AM
So I already have a full gear setup for Flameblast, and I don't have the currency to switch to Kikazaru+Soul Mantle + replace other gear to fill in resists.
I assume Flameblast is still really strong with this build and would allow me to farm most endgame content to build up currency?
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
So I already have a full gear setup for Flameblast, and I don't have the currency to switch to Kikazaru+Soul Mantle + replace other gear to fill in resists.
I assume Flameblast is still really strong with this build and would allow me to farm most endgame content to build up currency?

Ive done t5 maps so far and most enemies are 1 shot with my gear that I posted.
IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992
Soul mantle+ tukohama shield for a total of 4 totems worth? How much dps increase will one expect going from 2 daggers to 1+tukohama shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info