[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I have upgraded a few items since my last update and I have been taking on red maps without issues. I'm sure it will only get better after I get a 6L. I hit 209 cast speed with this setup and it really helps the clear times. I also started to run dual curse and a defensive CWDT since damage isn't an issue with this build.

Last edited by zsniperz on Mar 13, 2017, 1:37:01 PM
I'm doing this build but i accidently picked 2x skillpoints at bandits instead of the extra power charge & cast speed bonus.

I currently reached lvl 70 and just figured out this little(?) mistake.

Will i be in a lot of trouble?

I don't mind rerolling again if this is required to ensure safety on my character.
I run the life build
Just bought

for 7 exa! it's on boys.

Not happy with my ES though, still havn't hit 8k. Just shy now. I seriously wonder about going shield instead of dual wield. Up till now I've used crit jewels, maybe I can compensate with cast speed jewels at least a bit. ( my logic with crit jewels was I dont have the flame blast crit enchant and we NEED to crit bosses to down em fast)
"
hupple wrote:
"
remmeh wrote:
been following this guide and now farming uber lab pretty safely at lv87, 8k es with dual wield. Probably next step is to get some regen and spec ZO. thanks!

How to farm uber lab with this build? I have failed twice now because I cannot beat the last phase.
For the first two phases I just summon totems and shield charge around. But this strategy won't work for the last phase because of traps. Without vaal discipline and leech, there is no way to come back if get hit... And I cannot summon totem and then run away since totems die quite fast.

I have to admit I've only run 2 days last week which were easy mods (as in portals/idols/fonts/lieutenants and 2h mace which is easy to dodge). I can just tank his hits with 8k es with appropriate flasking (chemist basalt + rumi's + stibnite) and whirling blades.

Besides going ZO + regen I'm thinking about a 2nd curse to run enfeeble + temp chains to increase izaro survivability.
"
remmeh wrote:
"
hupple wrote:
"
remmeh wrote:
been following this guide and now farming uber lab pretty safely at lv87, 8k es with dual wield. Probably next step is to get some regen and spec ZO. thanks!

How to farm uber lab with this build? I have failed twice now because I cannot beat the last phase.
For the first two phases I just summon totems and shield charge around. But this strategy won't work for the last phase because of traps. Without vaal discipline and leech, there is no way to come back if get hit... And I cannot summon totem and then run away since totems die quite fast.

I have to admit I've only run 2 days last week which were easy mods (as in portals/idols/fonts/lieutenants and 2h mace which is easy to dodge). I can just tank his hits with 8k es with appropriate flasking (chemist basalt + rumi's + stibnite) and whirling blades.

Besides going ZO + regen I'm thinking about a 2nd curse to run enfeeble + temp chains to increase izaro survivability.

I started to run dual curse(temp chains, enfeeble), arctic armor with blashphemy, vortex + blind from CWDT. The cold from arctic armor, vortex/blind with 200+ cast speed hits fast while keeping mobs together. The cost of dual curse are some crit skill points but we still do enough damage.
Last edited by zsniperz on Mar 13, 2017, 2:14:25 PM
Does this work well for HC? any tips for that
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
Sjeg wrote:
I finished the build for me. Stopped at doing T14 maps. It's a superb starter build but for convenient red map farming i decided to switch to something else. The build absolutly destroys bosses or basically anything that is caught in the flameblast. It's pretty terrible against breaches or an heavy amout of ranged mobs on a map because totems will die to fast to cast flameblast which can make for tedious gameplay. It's also a save uber farmer because of high ES and single target.

I was using a shield and an 6L infernal mantle and reached 9.1K ES with the build and can say i definlity prefere Zealoth Oath version. My buffed cast speed was hat ~170. I opted against dual wield becuase i would have only needed the addintional cast speed, no need for more damage really -> 1 shotting dual bosses on +75% monster life t12 maps (14k tooltip with conc)

If I would continue to play the build i would try to get more totem life to have an more enjoyable time mapping against ranged mobs.

Still probs to op, good guide.

THIS. In this league, for the first time in my life I really lucked with currency, collecting about 15 ex in 2 weeks. Now, richer than i ever was, I expected to be god, slaying eveything that comes in my way!...

A few breaches shattered the last of my expectations. Even with high gear the build is relatively squishy, your totems are extremely vulnerable to ranged attacks but what bugs me most are the mana coststs. Jesus the mana costs i died so often because I end up facing a strong group of enemies after whirling across half the map and having 0 mana. In breeches i deactivate anger and roll clarity instead, but even this is often not enough to keep up totems as they die faster than you can respawn then and then you die. I tried every possible permutation of gems, even max resi totems are evaporated in high breeches.

Don't get me wrong, at what this build does it is good, namely savely clearing large packs from a distance. It is really good for HC, if you pick your leaguestones and dont take risks you are essentially immortal. Definitely good for leaguestarters too. But as soon as you have some currency I would highly suggest that you reroll in smth with more "Die by my mere presence" potential.

I'd really have liked the guide person to include a disclaimer: DO NOT DO BREACHES UNLESS YOU ARE SOME FREAKISH DEMIGOD OR HIGHLY SUICIDAL!

blood magic the whirling blades
Have you guys tried blind+ firestorm and frost wall, Vortex with CWDT and CWS? Helps for breaches.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 13, 2017, 4:18:08 PM
"
Sjeg wrote:

blood magic the whirling blades

That's..actually quite smart, thought it will prolly take me an ex worth of chroms to get 2 red + 2 green on an int item :D

Edit: Wait no its not I'm CI that shit'll kill me!
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 13, 2017, 3:57:35 PM
"
Have you guys tried blind+ firestorm and frost wall CWDT and CWS? Helps for breaches.

How woudl that help? My problem is that in Tul and chayula my totems die before they can get a cast off and after a few seconds I get swarmed, surviving a few seconds more before i get swarmed wont help. I need to make my totems about 10 times more tankyer, max resi and hp buff didn't do squat.

I just stopped doing breachstones and swapped out Anger for clarity now, running anger only for t13+ map bosses anf freakish essence bosses. Now my life is far more enjoyable
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 13, 2017, 4:24:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info