[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I am not sure what your guys dps is on your flameblast totem currently mine still feels kind of low. Think just sitting in my hideout im around 2.3k. I had been considering getting a helmet thats like 40% flameblast damage is that worthwhile or will I not notice a big dps change with it?

Quicklink to my character
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/shadowice0823/characters
Last edited by shadowice0823 on Mar 11, 2017, 2:44:28 AM
If you guys are looking to play this in hc and map safely and push a bit of speed, check my character out. Haven't had the luxury of doing corrupted maps yet seeing as im a bit scared to do them soo early but everything else has been fine, i clear mobs fast and have quite a good defensive build.Full ele resist 50 chaos res 4.3k hp + 1.2k ES 24% phys reduction 30 block 12% evasion 198 cast speed with silver flask, dual curse. First build I've kinda tweaked myself with help from this guide and zizarans tree he put on youtube for the league start. Also i'm fairly new to league start never had the chance to play in a way that I need to cater to what i find early. Usually just had friends purchase my gear for me and was set.

Please any advice on my gear and tree would be appreciated as i enjoy playing like a complete pussy and climbing higher than my friends i play with.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ianSANE/characters

Character being VGxVGTA
Hit 90 with minimal investment (found the sceptre first run). Does it's job. Nothing special but definitely a strong starter.

Similar but a little different tree (went MOM as well)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUg5IEFgRlhZAFm8WvxpsHwIgbiL0JKok2CaVKgsqEyycNsU26TpYPAU9X0GWRKFFnUlPSVFJsUyzUDBSU1NSVUtVxljlWitd8l5dXwRfKmHiZJ1mnmjyakNsC20ZcFJ8g3_GgpuD24PzhTKFbYV9h2WJ04uMjDaP-pJukyeVLpctl5WX9Jo7muCce51jna6f36IAo_KnCKeUqLmt8a4SrrO8VryqvOrAVMBmwJrQ9dH90nzVgdWm18_YJNn842rkIuvk6-7r9e087WHvfO-I8B_w1fId-Tf53frS?accountName=xSalsaShark&characterName=xInCircles
IGN - xNoClass
Last edited by chiefxkeith on Mar 11, 2017, 6:37:05 AM
Im playing the Life based build

Is it possible to get good Magic Find with this build?
What items should i look at?
Hey guys, got to level 74 in the new league with this build and loving it so far. Just wondering what I should save up and upgrade next. Please be kind to me, im very new when it comes to this build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Forward1115/characters
What is the best jewel placement for Spire of Stone in CI build? You don't really put that much str in the passive tree, is it even a good jewel?
Essence of Misery:

Where do I get them? I rarely run a map without having an essence league stone equipped and I am near swimming in most essence types, but I have yet to see an Essence of Misery at all!

I'm losing my mind at this point because I have other parts of this build ready to swap to daggers, but I really NEED the cast speed!

Are they a special drop or restricted to certain zones or require selling your soul to satan?

GAH!
"
Matuzak wrote:
Essence of Misery:

Where do I get them? I rarely run a map without having an essence league stone equipped and I am near swimming in most essence types, but I have yet to see an Essence of Misery at all!

I'm losing my mind at this point because I have other parts of this build ready to swap to daggers, but I really NEED the cast speed!

Are they a special drop or restricted to certain zones or require selling your soul to satan?

GAH!
you can buy them for about 1c each on poe.trade
this build fucking sucks, big time. I have almost 10,000 hours in this game, this is hands down the worst build I've ever played. And I've played many different builds. This is worse than my double strike melee character.

SOOOOOOOOOOO slow at clearing any area, it's the absolute worst. I don't know how the hell anyone gets 200% cast speed, I have 100% and it sucks. If I got a dagger with 20% and a shield with 8% that's still way less than 200%. Maybe with heavy investment into the tree (still only seeing like maybe 24% there) it might be decent, but as it is now with decent gear for 1 week into the league it sucks FUCKING HARD.

Against bosses, you will get fucked. The totems die immediately. Say bye bye to all that xp you worked so hard for!! BYE BYE!!! And you can't even finish the boss to get credit for your atlas because this build sucks so hard. Just tried a vault map, there were so many animate guardians and weapons, because this build totally fails. Can't even clear t11 underground sea. The merviel boss instantly destroys the totems.

So pissed at myself for thinking of following this build. I'm poor as shit this league, too, can't even spec into something better (which would be basically ANYTHING compare to how dog-shit this build is). I played a similar build a couple of leagues ago, thought inquisitor and following a guide would help, nope!!!! This build is absolute garbage tier. I would rather play elemental hit with a white wand than this build.

"
Baugoti wrote:
"
Joksee wrote:
How do I deal with ES regen? Should I go ghost reaver + vinktars? I'm going through the pages of the build, but can't see anyone addressing this. As it stands now, it seems like you should just avoid damage completely.

Ok.. Il try and break this out on how I do it.

I currently hit 1k ES regen per second all the time.. no delay.

How I accomplished that (and how the guy doing the vids in the main post accomplished that)

Disclamer -- you do not need to do this.. you can use the original build, just have to dodge more (breaches will be harder with original build though)

First off - Different Ascendencies:
Instead of Instruments of Virtue and Augury of Penitence, you go Sanctify and Pious Path

Plus you need to get zealots oath.. which is just one skill point using the main build

What this does is give a 4% increase in Energy Shield Regen while on Conc Ground and gives you a Conc ground when you get hit.

NOTE: It does say you will get conc ground on kill... but 'YOU' only kill with ignite.. your totems kill with hits.. so that procs less.

To combat that, you use sulphur flasks

You can use one.. but I find long boss fights, its good to have two.

This on its own will give you a good amount of static regen based on the amount of ES you have

Now here is the additional part that is really easy to get with this league

TALISMAN!!!!!

the 2% life regen is what pushes me over the 1k regen mark. As soon as I get hit.. conc ground goes off.. and my ES is back to normal.

I don't do vids.. but running shaped strand Maps I can stand there and just tank the bosses. Later maps they can hit harder, so have to move a bit

NOTE: like with all builds --- YOU STILL NEED TO DODGE BIG HITS -- and don't forget to use fortify

Hope that provides a different take on the build.. and how you can tweak it to have dedicated passive regen at all times.

Again -- you can do the content with original build.. just need to dodge more.

I have a bit problem here. I don't know why i die so fast in tier 5+ map. I fucked up something?
My profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/byakuya11395/characters
Another problem is my totem usually die before they can do anything. How can i get something for totem survivability?
BTW I have 7000es and 800 shield regen...
Last edited by byakuya11395 on Mar 11, 2017, 2:38:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info