Just another thread about Labyrinths and how they are GARBAGE

"
Fruz wrote:
And here comes again the said "majority" of players hating the lab lol.

How about the traps in the new maps ? Do you like them ?
That should give you an hint on the direction that GGG is taking with it ...

I did the one where you had each trap in different rooms and had to fight the boss by the door (then he dissappears).

Didnt like it, will use 3 of that map and upgrade next time.
"
Fruz wrote:

Do you have any evidence that it isn't a majority?
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

9 people flooding Feedback branch and hijacking threads which had nothing to do with the Labyrinth, are not a majority.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

9 people flooding Feedback branch and hijacking threads which had nothing to do with the Labyrinth, are not a majority.

Sorry, it's WAY more than 9 people. At least 248 threads have been started complaining about labyrinth. Over 240 threads that have discussed problems with labyrinth
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 10, 2016, 6:33:20 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:

Sorry, it's WAY more than 9 people. At least 248 threads have been started complaining about labyrinth. Over 240 threads that have discussed problems with labyrinth

And how many are repeat offenders? I randomly picked 3 threads and already found a repeat poster. Not really helping your argument.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Same a pleiades lots of repeats and also very few people discussing, and a lot of "lab is bad" with not thought as to way. The lab is great content and lots of fun, maybe some of the trap gauntlets could be improved and izaro might hit a little too hard but not bad, this is just people complaining about things being different.

And of course there's a lot of players not complaining because they think it's at least fine.
"
Mooginator wrote:
Just wanted to make yet ANOTHER thread (with probably hundreds of posts/pages and possibly individual threads) on how much the Labyrinth sucks and is a horrible feature of this game. It's tedious, wholly un-fun, and requiring players to run it to gain ascendancy skills is just absurd. We've already seen the HC community die out (compared to what it was) due to this garbage -- yet GGG still refuses to address the fact nobody likes it (and when I say nobody, I'd say 80%+ of the players).

Honestly, the Labyrinth is the one feature of this game I utterly despise; as do so do the MAJORITY of the players. I have friends who won't even try for the ascendancy points because of it. Not because they aren't "skilled" but because it's junk and just pisses people off.

GGG is just throwing players through the meat grinder the majority absolutely HATES.

LABYRINTH SUCKS and needs to be REMOVED AS A REQUIREMENT TO GAIN ASCENDANCY POINTS. Plain and simple. This is one of those issues like desync (before it was fixed). For a year GGG was talking about how it couldn't be fixed based on core mechanics - but lo and behold! It's fixed now! The Labyrinth is just as bad as desync. GGG stop messing around and get this crap removed as a requirement for ascendancy. It's utter GARBAGE.

Oh another lab hate thread. Take care, players will say that you need skills to do the lab run.

by skills I mean
1. find the trap
2. time the trap
3. run to the safe spot
4. do the steps 1,2 and 3 over and over again till you find the boss (3x each run)

So much fun!
Ikr?!
"
"
Turtledove wrote:

And how many are repeat offenders? I randomly picked 3 threads and already found a repeat poster. Not really helping your argument.

As mentioned in the OP of the thread that I pointed to. There's 182 total accounts responsible for 222 threads. Of the 28 accounts with multiple threads, those 28 thread authors account for 65 of those threads. The person that did this analysis has not done it for the last twenty something threads. Still way more than 9.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
j33bus wrote:

And of course there's a lot of players not complaining because they think it's at least fine.

And of course there's a lot of players not complaining because they already quit playing PoE because they hated the labyrinth but didn't love the rest of PoE as much as we do.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:

And of course there's a lot of players not complaining because they already quit playing PoE because they hated the labyrinth but didn't love the rest of PoE as much as we do.

The problem is that you want to claim this is evidence of most people hating it versus the lack of threads supporting the lab as is.

Pretty historically in any situation, the people that fit the don't care and go with the flow to enjoy it spectrum of anything, not just video games, will remain silent and rarely praise whatever it is because there is no instinctive need to. When we are upset with something though, we tend to voice our distaste. There are easily at least thousands of players who are currently active at different times of the day. Even ignoring repeat hate lab posters, 222 and whatever extra lab threads doesn't really mean much even assuming those threads were unique players. There is easily a majority that either doesn't care, or at least doesn't hate it enough to voice any distaste. So it is much safer to say that most people are at minimum "fine" with the lab.

It doesn't make sense to turn this around and say "222 threads show that enough of us hate it for various reasons so change it/remove it/whatever!" because it is easy to assume 222 even up to say 400 people voicing hate is still an easy minority.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info