Just another thread about Labyrinths and how they are GARBAGE

"
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:

And of course there's a lot of players not complaining because they think it's at least fine.

And of course there's a lot of players not complaining because they already quit playing PoE because they hated the labyrinth but didn't love the rest of PoE as much as we do.

The problem is that you want to claim this is evidence of most people hating it versus the lack of threads supporting the lab as is.

Pretty historically in any situation, the people that fit the don't care and go with the flow to enjoy it spectrum of anything, not just video games, will remain silent and rarely praise whatever it is because there is no instinctive need to. When we are upset with something though, we tend to voice our distaste. There are easily at least thousands of players who are currently active at different times of the day. Even ignoring repeat hate lab posters, 222 and whatever extra lab threads doesn't really mean much even assuming those threads were unique players. There is easily a majority that either doesn't care, or at least doesn't hate it enough to voice any distaste. So it is much safer to say that most people are at minimum "fine" with the lab.

It doesn't make sense to turn this around and say "222 threads show that enough of us hate it for various reasons so change it/remove it/whatever!" because it is easy to assume 222 even up to say 400 people voicing hate is still an easy minority.

First, I didn't claim anything as evidence except to say that there is clear evidence that more than 9 people don't like labyrinth and have posted as much on the forums. Making claims without evidence is your department not mine. For example, you seem to make the false assumption that everyone not complaining doesn't care or likes it. I know that can't be true.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Got to agree, it's the least "fun" content to do, it's so boring and just drains a lot of time I could be using on actually enjoying the game instead.

Why the fuck do I need to do these boring as fuck TRIALS? They're short perhaps, but I'm forced to go searching for them on every single new character I make.......
When I finally get into Labyrinth, it's insanely boring, most of the time I catch myself just looking at the shitty spike traps, waiting for an opening to rush through, because it's just a boring design.

I skip so much loot, it's stupid really.

Oh you DC/Die to insane lagspike? JUST RE-DO IT LMAO!

Fuck the Labyrinth, just shorten or remove it.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Why the fuck do I need to do these boring as fuck TRIALS? They're short perhaps, but I'm forced to go searching for them on every single new character I make.......

Ehm....no you don't, you unlock them once pr league
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
Gilgamesjh wrote:
"

I admit that I've never forced myself to do the map labyrinth. Are the trials unlocked once per league instead of once per character for the map labyrinth as well?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Gilgamesjh wrote:
"

I admit that I've never forced myself to do the map labyrinth. Are the trials unlocked once per league instead of once per character for the map labyrinth as well?
Yes.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Turtledove wrote:

First, I didn't claim anything as evidence except to say that there is clear evidence that more than 9 people don't like labyrinth and have posted as much on the forums. Making claims without evidence is your department not mine. For example, you seem to make the false assumption that everyone not complaining doesn't care or likes it. I know that can't be true.

That's true all you stated is that 200 people have made repeat threads on the same thing. Trying to interpret anything else from the amount of people saying they dislike the lab would be silly, and if you were a scientist would get your PhD revoked. After all you can't reliably extrapolate <1% of the population to anything, especially while there are clear biases in the data collection method that would skew results. So any reasonable person would know that the statement over 200 people have made threads about the lab means exactly that and no further information can be surmised.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Because, you know, 9 totally wasn't an exaggeration on their part and knew it...

And the way you jumped on that person gives a strong impression that you were going "sorry, it is way more than 9 so you are very wrong about everything."
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Sep 11, 2016, 12:56:00 PM
"
j33bus wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

That's true all you stated is that 200 people have made repeat threads on the same thing. Trying to interpret anything else from the amount of people saying they dislike the lab would be silly, and if you were a scientist would get your PhD revoked. After all you can't reliably extrapolate <1% of the population to anything, especially while there are clear biases in the data collection method that would skew results. So any reasonable person would know that the statement over 200 people have made threads about the lab means exactly that and no further information can be surmised.

Sorry, but you're flat out wrong about the <1% statement. For example, voting polls sample far less than 1%.

The thread I pointed to states.
"
Some of the purposes served by this list are;
- providing anecdotal evidence as to how a significant percentage of the player base dislikes the labyrinth,
- demonstrates that there's been many problems in the labyrinth,
- help bring attention to the issue in the hope that GGG will fix the problem by making labyrinth optional or making ascendancy points available without requiring bad trap gameplay,
- and it demonstrates how horribly divisive the labyrinth has become for the community.

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes.

Thank you, good to know. Sometime in the future if I think I might ever create multiple characters in a league again I'll keep that in mind. Much appreciated.
Just to be clear, a less than 1% response rate on a poll means that there's a 5% chance that your results are within +- 50% of your mean. That's crap by any standard, especially because there are clear biases that aren't accounted for in your data.

Also this isn't a voting poll, people with the opposite opinion aren't nearly as encouraged to respond.

"
Some of the purposes served by this list are;
- providing anecdotal evidence as to how a significant percentage of the player base dislikes the labyrinth,
- demonstrates that there's been many problems in the labyrinth,
- help bring attention to the issue in the hope that GGG will fix the problem by making labyrinth optional or making ascendancy points available without requiring bad trap gameplay,
- and it demonstrates how horribly divisive the labyrinth has become for the community.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

It demonstrates and a small amount of people don't like the lab but no problems with it.

GGG knows the read every thread, a summary thread doesn't serve this purpose.

That's a conclusion drawn from poor data collection.
Last edited by j33bus on Sep 11, 2016, 1:42:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info