[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

"
"
Undermonk wrote:
Hey all,

I have always wanted to try a RF build and found this one a few day's ago. I have been lvling towards it on breach and working towards decent gear.

But I see a lot of people complaining about the survivability being low compared to whats been shown on the videos and they can barely do low lvl maps?

Has something changed patch wise that's caused this? Or is it there playstyle/gear? Or will I need to spend 1/2 ex just to get to where your at in the video?

If anyone has this build working fine, can I see your gear/tree? :)

Thanks,
Ghost

no idea why that seems to be a common issue, i took this build up into breachlords in breach, t15s, no issues. might just be general play.

That's what I thought. I have yet to reach the point to try myself but I kept seeing people complain the build doesn't work.
I started my first bhc char 2 days ago and I just got to the point of using rf. Lower maps are no problem at all. I have decent dps and survivability even with subpar gear (see my profile, HCBreaksMyHeart). I don't even have the cruel ascendancy done yet, the damage will ramp up again after that.

I don't understand the complains of the build not being viable, I'm having lots of fun :]
ign: Shacony
"
Shacony wrote:
I started my first bhc char 2 days ago and I just got to the point of using rf. Lower maps are no problem at all. I have decent dps and survivability even with subpar gear (see my profile, HCBreaksMyHeart). I don't even have the cruel ascendancy done yet, the damage will ramp up again after that.

I don't understand the complains of the build not being viable, I'm having lots of fun :]

Thank you for the reply!
I think I will just keep going and try it my self :)

Has anyone managed to do shaper with this build?
Hey there. I've been playing this build in Breach as well (started a bit late), hit lvl 90 lately and will give a bit of a summary of my experience so far:

I leveled with the CwC-Searing Ray-Fire Storm-Fire Pen Combo, which went incredible smooth until lvl 68, then switched to RF immediately, no problem at all there. I went templar region instead of witch, though, for more strength in tree. I switched from a 5 link Belly to a Kaom's Heart, for roughly 1.5 k more health (10.5 k life, 7k armor and roughly 2k life regen), since I did not deem the 5 link necessary. I was running Shield Charge in a 4 link with Curse on hit-Flammability and Fortify (since Shield Charge does benefit from movement speed as well I did not really miss the Faster Attacks). All map mods are perfectly doable, with the exception of no regen, and 60 percent less regen (my ele res are so high I don't even feel Ele Weakness, and -max res get's countered by running 2 ruby flasks)

Recently though (in tier 13+ maps, mostly) I felt more squishy, mostly against bosses and other "longer" encounters - especially since I scrapped the Molten Shell in Doon for space reasons and the negative EE effect it gives when it explodes (which kind of defeats the whole purpose of EE). Also, the damage against those bosses did not seem quite there, since after bumping into them once you can not do much more than standing on top of them. Hence, I switched up my setup again, and am now running a 6 link body armor, with Searing Ray-CwC-Firestorm-Fire Pen-Iron Will-Conc Effect for extra oomph against single target. Works like a charm. Also, since I respect my ascendancy points into Hinekora, Death's Fury, I get 1% life leech for the firestorm, which makes me just soo much tankier in those boss fights. Just go in, firestorm, and facetank. I don't even Conc Effect on my RF for bosses anymore: It just is too uncomfortable, and the damage missed for not standing RIGHT on top of them is probably bigger than the one you lose from the Inc AoE (might change that for guardians though). I also scrapped EE and went with a Xoph's Heart instead. Massive damage/life increase, and I now sit at around 1000 strength. EE was rather sketchy often anyway, due to attacks not connecting with my low acc.

Lastly about the Elemental Overload: I tried all possible combinations, and was rather dissatisfied with all of them. BV did not proc consistently on maps (thrash dies before it reaches), and Ice Spear not consistently on bosses (never gets to second form). Instead I now run a self cast Orb of Storms with Increased Crit, which does it's job perfectly - always keeps EO up, and also does a tiny bit of dmg/burning (even though it would be way nicer if it would shock, but I do not want to give up the Xoph's...).

I will transition to T16 soon and see how guardians work. Shaper will probably be a bit sketchy (after all we do not abuse ANY broken DoT/ES mechanic), but at least for uber lab farming this build is peachy as hell.

Summary: Fun build, especially for the many ways to customize the details. And yes, also endgame viable, though clearly not T1 clearspeed/boss killing.

Oh and a little PS: Try shaping maps with a narrow layout instead of open ones, like strand, atoll, underground river. The aoe is just not big enough for the open maps to clear fast, and trash dies to us really quick if they group up along our path.

Lastly here my gear and tree (the one int node can be made quite obsolete with one int roll on rings, but I changed my tree after I had those). Gear is fine, could use but a few upgrades for T1 life/strength and fully leveled gems, but I'm too cheap to buy right now. Oh, and I need more chaos res in jewels: Sitting at -20 atm, which is not very comfortable...

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOMxMwBvxthYYz38xFj2SF8_FCDvDlBHGj58uCku8axXDZZskc677fObaGXSIfJBggeezacwAec26BRN_Eu8nxiRGlVhIYTvouoS4drBLlPTb3TtBS1kowHchNlHfr02ZU2-p9lhGS4n7cT2rY3PfgYO1HwJ9sauC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8Be98n9-aO4Kb7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjgBkS3SPC2DzLc-QYf56INfDF9TpRynaHTaYhhWHNyPGuvupwjYJFZIRUcy0ZrgRZ1TUv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzrh8kVGaXrvAAAAAAA=
Last edited by AeshMezareph on Jan 18, 2017, 3:03:55 AM
"
Does The Overflowing Chalice Sulphur Flask work with RF? 40% Damage?

Yeah, it does. But take a regular sulphur flask instead. Get a helpful suffix on top, it will be more helpful imo.
"
AeshMezareph wrote:
"
Does The Overflowing Chalice Sulphur Flask work with RF? 40% Damage?

Yeah, it does. But take a regular sulphur flask instead. Get a helpful suffix on top, it will be more helpful imo.

The Overflowing is useful for the increased charge recovery on other flasks for certain situations (izaro). I've been playing the build with kaom's for 3 weeks at least. Could probably hit 10k life if I changed helm and amulet. No problems doing t15 and carrying uber izaro. Haven't tried guardians. Breachlords aren't the funnest. Think I'm going to switch back to a 6l chest. Check out my build in profile.
@AeshMezareph, would be nice if you made your profile public so we can check out all you have done. XD
Ok, made it public now. But everything important should be in the post anyway...
Thanks for that. Be nice to see if you made changes/improvements. Later tonight check my profile to see what I did with your changes. Loved the 6L idea, but did some different stuff with rings and a couple more items... just had a tough time figuring out where I am gonna dex, without wasting a node on a +30 (I like faster attacks for Shield Slam - the only way to fly!)

@AeshMezareph, What is your life and armor BTW?
Last edited by Miacova on Jan 18, 2017, 3:54:35 PM
I sit in ho (without any aura or charges) at around 9 k life, 8 k armor, and 1,2 k life regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info