[2.4] The Furnace - Turn your enemy to ashes! Burning Vortex Chieftain

i have switched to vortex when i reached level 45 but my dps is realy low.. like 800.. i have 2 scepters that have some decent WED, spell damage and some cold damage to spells
is there any way to boost my dps even higher at this level? cause i think i should have like 2k+ dps at this level like any other build, or maybe i looked at the wrong damage stats for this
"
i have switched to vortex when i reached level 45 but my dps is realy low.. like 800.. i have 2 scepters that have some decent WED, spell damage and some cold damage to spells
is there any way to boost my dps even higher at this level? cause i think i should have like 2k+ dps at this level like any other build, or maybe i looked at the wrong damage stats for this

WED( Weapon Elemental Damage) doesnt work with spells. What level of "decent" are we talking here? With essence it is easy to self-craft 30% Ele damage implicit with 40+% Spell damage on each scepter/wand, that is enough to get you to A4 merciless ( ~lvl 65). Also other stuff like passives and uniques ( Pyre) is important. Also how many linked supports does your Vortex have?
Anyone tried out Dyadus?

25% chance to ignite

enemies chilled by you take 40% increased burning damage.

Sounds sick.
And how would you get the chill because Pyre converts all Cold to Fire damage
"
hyper_ch wrote:
And how would you get the chill because Pyre converts all Cold to Fire damage

ground effect is cold dot and can not be converted
First about the Leo's mod: I confused it with the reduced damage over time taken one.
Of course you can craft the increased damage over time dealt to a good scepter, in order to improove it, the mod itself however is not that great. It suffers from the same problem Dyadus does (see below).

About Dyadus: It is not as good as you might imagine. Increased burning damage is not such a good modifier as you may think. Firedamage/elemental damage increases burning damage, too while ALSO increasing frontend-damage on vortex and that way double dipping. I would take 20% elemental damage over 40% burning damage any time.
However the ignite could be nice. Stacking too much ignite at some point however becomes less good. You can cast vortex quickly and ignites from vortex itself dont stack, so igniting more than once every 4 seconds doesnt do anything.
If you happen to have a dyadus lying around, equip it, but dont buy one.

@uamisha94: nosferatualeks already answered it to the maximum extent I can.

Ok so im running this build with Kaom's heart. Im not sure what to do with the sockets. I have been extremely un lucky and havennt been able to get any usable gloves :(

little help please.
Playing this build in EHC, currently lvl 80. The build is going really well, character has ~5.5k life and is ready to go doryani's + kaom's when I can afford it, plenty of damage and not facing issues. The only alteration I made to the build was to go up for the +1 curse in the tree instead of the extra AoE in the Witch area and to also grab the curse effectiveness nodes near the life wheel (I've set up a low level CWDT-Ice Nova-CoH-Enfeeble). Due to this i'm not a huge fan of the concentrated effect in the vortex setup. I'm thinking of changing the helm to 3b1r and chucking in either iron will (will give me ~130% spell damage which works with vortex DoT), or just fire pen. What do you think?

Gear:
Last edited by alan26018 on Sep 26, 2016, 2:30:55 AM

How about using flame blast instead of vortex? that way you can use a str + life ring

Which does more damage?
Awesome build, most fun to play of all my toons, ty very much for posting this guide :)

@spawn10459
if you go to page 5 of this thread Chronodroid has posted his gear which shows a setup when using Kaoms, I am using this setup myself and it works very well. You will need to find 9 dex to use the level 1 Culling Strike but it's worth having.

Rather than carry an of "Dousing" flask, I portal out using a scroll (it's faster and more convenient than portal gem on weapon swap) to kill the RF if I need to, which gives me other options with flasking, besides which I can be rather clumsy hitting the flasks and it's annoying to kill the RF when I dont really want to :)
Last edited by Gorcheu on Sep 28, 2016, 5:17:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info