[2.4] The Furnace - Turn your enemy to ashes! Burning Vortex Chieftain

@D_nasty

Would you be so kind to show the passive tree you used in HC? Thanks.

edit - was it HarambeWithDaShot?
Last edited by DirtyLary on Sep 17, 2016, 6:04:29 PM
With the weekend I had some spare time.
I found a core map and killed malachi. It dropped a forge of the phoenix.
One alchemy and one vaal orb later I was ready - and guess who of us got roasted?

Spoiler

Mods were:
* Elemental Reflect
* Boss has increased life (t.t)
* Boss has increased AoE
* Magic Mobs have Bloodline, More magic mobs
* Monsters take reduced critical damage

But what a fight...
The good part: He deals mostly fire-damage, so you can slip up one of his telegraphed attacks and still live. Not two in a row tough. (He sometimes likes to chain them).
Additionally you can ignore the fire tornados.
The bad part: This guy has a lot of life. And fire resistance. And worst of all immunity to fucking status ailments.

Bring time to kill him. I mean it. Like fucking 20 minutes...

==================

I made some adjustments to my gear by the way.
I now also use a +1 endurance charge belt.
And a doryanis with shield-charge.
Thanks to Partsu7 for correcting my mechanics knowledge on Singularity!
I also bought a Kaom's Heart, but I still wear my old chest, at least until all my gems in it are 20/20 (lol).
Last edited by Rayshan on Sep 18, 2016, 11:09:37 AM
Btw...is Emberwake an option instead of Kaom's Ring? Would be interesting to know how fast RF stacks Ignites.

My gear has improved alot aswell. Managed to finally get the last trials and killed uber Izaro. Failed 3-4 times because I did not take my time. Izaro sucks without/low Endurance charges and RF (at least it did when I tried it). But when I stepped back and just use Orb of Storms and Vortex it was a piece of cake.

I'm chaining T8s atm. I unspecced the stun immunity and took Elemental Equilibrium again. It is just awesome. I'm not even sure if Vortex can proc EE.

Oh and I put Culling Strike into Orb of Storms.

My routine while mapping:

* RF + Quicksilver for trash
* Charge + Ruby + Granite > Orb of storms for rares and blues
* Charge + Ruby + Granite > Orb of storms > Vortex for bosses
Last edited by zorker on Sep 18, 2016, 5:02:28 PM
"
DirtyLary wrote:
@D_nasty

Would you be so kind to show the passive tree you used in HC? Thanks.

edit - was it HarambeWithDaShot?

Yes it was. Everything is still the way it was in HC so what you see is exactly what my char was.

I tried Minotaur on Standard with some pretty hard mods, it had shocked ground, monster life, ele reflect and some others. I got it down to around 10% before I died a couple times in a row but it's definitely doable.
1. Why no Fire Pen on Vortex? It would increased the upfront damage of Vortex and the ignite. The Chieftain grants only 10% fire pen.

2. Is there any benefit of running totems with Ancestral Bond. It should double the dps. With the totem nodes in the tree you would get much more increased damage. Also you wouldn't be melee anymore.

Any comments on these topics?
Emberwake is godawful.
RF doesn't ignite, it just applies burn. (Ignites always cause burn, but not all burn is due to ignites.)
However Emberwake has a 80% less damage penalty on burn. Meaning you simply deal 80% less damage with RF. Not worth...

FirePen Gem is good, true. But the other gems are simply better and we can't link an infinite amount.
(FirePen doesnt doubledip, Conc + ControlledDest do. And I love Inc AoE too much to drop it.)

About totems: The "less" multiplier double dips on ignites. Also which skill would you replace? On your active skillbar. And in your gemslots if you do take the Kaoms.
Also it takes at least 6 more passive points. (As we left lifenodes on the side of our tree it means whatever we drop is at least as good as 5% life. Meaning the totem is at least as bad as loosing ~1k life.) However this one you can try, it still might be a success. Personally I consider it too unlickely to try tough. Report back if you do.
So I've gotten to maps and I have good enough gear for every slot except for the helmet and gloves. How should I get those, do I farm maps for essences? should I buy essences from people and hope to get good crafts? do I buy the gear directly? Right now I don't have that much currency, only enough to buy like 2 or 3 of the essences.
hey Rayshan!

Glad you posted the build and even more glad I chose it for my Essence League experience :)

Do you see something I could improve other than the things I mention below?

Gear

I have 5 Jewels atm. All have 5% or 6% life and 2 or 3 damage modifiers (mostly your "t1" from the OP like spelldamage, area damage, fire damage and chaosres)

Tree

First and foremost, the build is awesome as I mentioned already! My gear is lackluster on the essential parts (helmet rolls, glove rolls... crafted them myself) and I still miss 1 endu charge and LOTS of lifenodes, but I sit at 6.5k life comfortably already (lvl 82). I died twice at uberlab when I was in my mid-70ies, but I really tried hard with the full charged and buffed Izzy in the last fight ^^

My flasks are nowhere near completed yet, either. I will start focussing them now, since it's the only thing that kills me from time to time (hard phys hits).

I need gemlevels AND quality on them really now, but that comes with time =) Maps are just RF and charging / running from place to place, EZ and drop a vortex on bosses ^^

As soon as I'm lucky with the leech enchant on boots I'll head to glove enchant, the icy skulls are not cool since they distract enemies too much.

The culling strike Orb of Storms is a slight adjustment I made for convenience of harder and high HP bosses.

All in all I hope to self-kill the guardians and the shaper in the end somewhere around lvl 90-93 =)

Also, would it advisable to switch to Decoy Totem for my Flame Golem maybe for harder fights?

IGN: WildTortillaFart
@Rollman: You really don't need that much luck for your helmet/gloves.
The only thing you really want is either a life-roll or a free slot to craft life.
The rest is just bonus.
Really recommend you to buy just one of each essence and use the first outcome.
You can retry to upgrade later.

@Chronodroid: Cant tell you much about gear-improvement, you got it all figured out in your notes yourself.
Culling strike certainly can be nice, depending on the enemy. Would have been great for my phoenix-fight xD
Golem vs Decoy Totem depends pretty much on the map you are running. Usually you dont really need the decoy, it is just a nice convenience. So is the golem. Probably comes down to preference I think.

For gloves enchant: I heard Commandmend of reflection (Clone of you) is really nice. Sadly dont have it yet, so its a word of mouth, but I believe it can be a good defensive bonus.
But yes, of course get the leech first.
Hello :)

i am also using the build, currently in T3-4 Maps :)

Leveling:
I was really broken down by the leveling section of your guide. first 10 levels went easily as there is not much to speak of. i used fire trap because why not. didnt think much about it. then i went into flameblast+spelltotem. this was fine till about 25. the firedamage we get out of the tree helped those spells. then i had a rough time till about 35/40, when i switched over to vortex. after my vortex got a few levels, it was a breaze. run in, vortex, everything dies.

that said, now to the good stuff:

Here is my gear:

Pretty much, alot of improvement there :)
i dont like the boots (movement speed, anyone?), the breastplate is just that i have something on. Most of my wealth went to the helmet, gloves and the gems ofc. speaking of the helmet, only 20% spelldamage from RF right now. this could be better, sure.

What i wondered, why not giving Belly of the Beast a try. it has all resists, which is a nice thing to have, and up to 40% increased life. this should solve some of my problems right now (as i have only 3500 HP). Also we would have the opportunity to use the 5Link or 6link it provides.

RF is set to the gloves, Vortex is set to the helmet. flamability and purity of fire on the boots. movement stuff is on the weapon. tempest on the shield.

so, the question is, what would i do into the belly?
currently i am thinking: immortal call+cast when damage taken+increased duration+orb of storms+flame golem. 5 link, last socket could be frostbolt or enduring cry.

we would lose the 30% fire damage from the kaoms, sure. but RF would get the +40% health bonus, and we would gain the flame golem 20% damage. the survivability would be greatly (?) increased though the immortal call.
in addition it would be a little bit easier to max (or overmax) the resists, chaos is my weakness atm.

Last edited by NaBeRa on Sep 22, 2016, 2:03:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info