[2.4] The Furnace - Turn your enemy to ashes! Burning Vortex Chieftain

i just realized that my char has 24 dex, and the belly needs 68 :(
also 500HP from kaoms could be better than 40% increased (due everything in the tree is +% also....
Hi there

If you don't have Doryani's - what should you look for? Seems like Leo's 30% Dmg over Time would be a good fit.

Also, Orb of Storms should be proced by CwDT, right?
Last edited by hyper_ch on Sep 22, 2016, 2:18:00 PM
If you happen to get enough dex from gear, belly is a strong possibility.
However Kaom's still offers quite a lot more life tough. (Yet it is a lot more expensive tough.)

Do not get CwdT + Immortall Call. You want your endurance charges up all the time, you benefit so much from them! Dont loose them for a short phys invulnerability, physical damage isnt that much of a problem for our build anyways.

Replacement for Doryani's could be Singularity (tough not as good still strong and super cheap) or any wand/sceptre with fire/spelldamage you come across.
Sadly Leo's mod only works on 2-handers and shields, so we cant get it. (Dont want to loose Phoenix-Shield).

Orb of Storms has the line "You can only cast this spell yourself, directly" on it. It is unaffected by CwdT, you have to selfcast.
"
NaBeRa wrote:
Hello :)

i am also using the build, currently in T3-4 Maps :)

Leveling:
I was really broken down by the leveling section of your guide. first 10 levels went easily as there is not much to speak of. i used fire trap because why not. didnt think much about it. then i went into flameblast+spelltotem. this was fine till about 25. the firedamage we get out of the tree helped those spells. then i had a rough time till about 35/40, when i switched over to vortex. after my vortex got a few levels, it was a breaze. run in, vortex, everything dies.

that said, now to the good stuff:

Here is my gear:

Pretty much, alot of improvement there :)
i dont like the boots (movement speed, anyone?), the breastplate is just that i have something on. Most of my wealth went to the helmet, gloves and the gems ofc. speaking of the helmet, only 20% spelldamage from RF right now. this could be better, sure.

What i wondered, why not giving Belly of the Beast a try. it has all resists, which is a nice thing to have, and up to 40% increased life. this should solve some of my problems right now (as i have only 3500 HP). Also we would have the opportunity to use the 5Link or 6link it provides.

RF is set to the gloves, Vortex is set to the helmet. flamability and purity of fire on the boots. movement stuff is on the weapon. tempest on the shield.

so, the question is, what would i do into the belly?
currently i am thinking: immortal call+cast when damage taken+increased duration+orb of storms+flame golem. 5 link, last socket could be frostbolt or enduring cry.

we would lose the 30% fire damage from the kaoms, sure. but RF would get the +40% health bonus, and we would gain the flame golem 20% damage. the survivability would be greatly (?) increased though the immortal call.
in addition it would be a little bit easier to max (or overmax) the resists, chaos is my weakness atm.

You don't want Immortal Call because it kills your regen. Plus the endurance charges themselves do a good enough job of protecting you and tbh, Kaom's is best in slot so I wouldn't bother with a belly. The main drawback of kaom's (no 6-link) is fixed in this build by having the OP helmet/gloves 4-links so you would be 'wasting' that aspect of the build tbh.

Re enchant: The enchant I had on my gloves is amazing, it can 1-shot blue packs. I was trying for the consecrated ground and got this one "Commandment of Winter". It's like a free frostbolt that fires out from you every once in a while and it DESTROYS things, it gets buffed by all the spell dmg on your tree etc. The tooltip on it was something like 10k if I remember. I highly recommend it, I kept wanting to mention it here but I forgot.

Also I'm a filthy CI BV pathfinder now but I am HYPED about that black hole vortex mtx, I wish I was still playing this build.
Last edited by D_nasty on Sep 23, 2016, 5:27:56 AM
Here it is boys, I have uber lab version, not sure if it's stronger compared to the lower ones.

Where did you get the +30% damage over time on the gloves and the damage on the helm?
can you explain why you link Vortex with Inc. AoE?
i think Fire Pen should gives more dps since we only use Vortex on bosses
Hey, thanks for a great build. I want to share my experience with it.

MyGear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA3UD1gQHBLMGDgbDCfYLYQ3NE6UUIBZvFy8ZLho4Gj4abBzOHwIhsCSqJvMnLyftKS4rUC3SLpQ09zWSNsU26TpYOtg64TwFPC09Xz38QYdFnUyzTeNQR1JTU1JVxlXWVkhXDVhjWHdfBF8_ZOdmVGhlaPJ8uICkgpuDX4PMg9uFe4zPkFWRK5HOlmyXhZeVl_SaO5rgna6f36IAplemo6cIrJitja9sr6e3Prl-vWDAZsRYxPbGBMauxtjPftR81abYJNi92WHjauQi6-7sOO087w7vfPAf8WzxrPJF85v2SPno-tL-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=NightBat&characterName=AstVortex

There are many questions about FirePen against Inc.AoE for the Vortex setup. Both options are viable, Inc.Aoe gives a lot "quality of life", while fire pen gives huge damage bonus against high fire resistant bosses (since curses against them is not that great).
I ended with fire pen because I feel lack of damage against T14-T15 bosses with some nasty mods like enfeeble + double boss health. And with vortex radius enchant on helmet I ended with vortex aoe similar to RF one, so my RF works like a big scope for my vortex.
Dying Sun is just a cherry on top.

Most of the time since 86 I`m running N12+ maps, andonce I reached that point I felt lack of survivability. Armour is not that great in those maps, so i`ve decided to add enfeeble. Windscreams works well for a budget till I got my amulet.
I strongly recommend to give double cursing a try, because i just can facetank maps like .
Well no, i can`t, died twice in that map - at first i just run into full pack of mobs that shoots spikes on death. Casting vortex in the middle of that pack, even with all flasks up was retarded idea. Second death was from about 5 or 6 of those mobs killed by one cast of vortex without flasks. Both deaths can be easily avoided. And on screenshot i`m still using windscreams, atm I`m sitting on 7.8k hps.
Beside survivability double cursing gives a lot of flexibility - if map has many mods that affects monster tankiness i can just switch enfeeble for elemental weakness and still have nice clear speed.

Sadly, I have a little experience with guardians (and, obviously, Shaper itself), I`m only attempted Hydra Guardian with monster damage + boss damage + monster life and downed him to 30% with 6 deaths. I got the map from vaaling, cannot rerol the mods. Atm, I have one more Lair of Hydra to try, but waiting for at least 20\20 vortex for it.

There are one thing, that I want to discuss with you. First - we are greatly dependent on igniting. I`m even thinking on swaping Fire.Pen to Chance to Ignite only because i`m oneshoting palace Dominus if I`m able to ignite him (for example) and 34 + 7 % change to ignite is not that great tbh. Any suggestions? How can we deal with ignite immune bosses? Thanks again to Rayshan, Phoenix Guardian is down, but I feel like Shaper will be much bigger problem.

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

"
spawn10459 wrote:
Where did you get the +30% damage over time on the gloves and the damage on the helm?

New essences (all acquired by corruption) - Essence of Horror for helm and Essence of Delirium for gloves.
Last edited by NightBat on Sep 23, 2016, 3:12:09 PM
Just found Carcass Jack. Generally a nice armor... all resis, increased AoE, increased AoE damage, life.... but it's just evasion/ES :( I guess you lose too much defense
"
Rayshan wrote:
Sadly Leo's mod only works on 2-handers and shields, so we cant get it. (Dont want to loose Phoenix-Shield).

That seems to have changed:

The highlight also reads "Scepter" now :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info