Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
Char1983 wrote:
I use the same parameters before and after, the only thing I change is the Atlas bonus. That is exactly what GGG claims to have done - implement the Atlas bonus without nerfing the map drops. Of course I can make simulations that match nicely both pre- and post-Atlas experience, but for that I have to nerf the map drops in the post-Atlas scenario.

If your simulations match, then that's probably what happened. When GGG said that they didn't nerf map drops, they may have been referring only to the number of maps that drop, not the map tier.

Map tier calculations have changed in the past. Prior to 2.4, map bosses had about a 5% chance of dropping a +2 map (at least for level 75-77 maps, not sure if lower or higher levels are different). This number was tripled from the 2.0 beta according to Qarl, so in beta it is was <2% for a boss to drop a +2 map. Who knows what that number is in 2.4. If the chance to get a +2 map from the boss is still 5% after a 100% atlas bonus, they could have reduced the chance to drop +2 and +1 to compensate.

If they did change the calculation of Tier they probably wouldn't want us to know. When they announced the initial atlas bonus as a flat increase of maps dropping they didn't mention the -30% to offset this bonus until after they decided to nix that idea.

What percent Tier offset do you need to introduce in your simulations to match current results?

the max tier that can drop is 2 levels higher, so why can the lowest tier maps still drop in t15's?

make the lowest tier that can drop 2 levels lower
Chill Jams
Last edited by EdgarFriendly on Oct 10, 2016, 9:18:19 PM
I've been struggling to sustain maps and burn all my currency doing so.

In the mean time I'm trying to save 7ex to buy a weapon as I've yet to see 2 of the tier 16 maps and can't rely on getting to shaper and have it drop.

3 weeks left in league and thinking of stopping as I'm pretty much stuck.

Something needs to be done about the map drops as it's completely anti-fun at the moment selling everything just to buy maps that others eem to sustain quite easily.
What is your Atlas percentage? Also, how do you roll my maps?

I do: T12: Alch-and-go

T13+: fully chisel, alch, chaos if no pack size, vaal if single pack size, don't vaal if good roll like double packsize

For T14+ I add a Zana mod usually if it is non-corrupted double pack size

For T15+ I add fragments if I happen to have them.

For T16+ I sometimes add a Zana mod even if the map is corrupted.

I've gone through a period of very good map drops for a while (seems to be running out) and currently am sitting at 124/126 Atlas bonus and quite some T14+ maps. Pool is declining at the moment, though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
ZeyroKJ wrote:
I've been struggling to sustain maps and burn all my currency doing so.

In the mean time I'm trying to save 7ex to buy a weapon as I've yet to see 2 of the tier 16 maps and can't rely on getting to shaper and have it drop.

3 weeks left in league and thinking of stopping as I'm pretty much stuck.

Something needs to be done about the map drops as it's completely anti-fun at the moment selling everything just to buy maps that others eem to sustain quite easily.

I understand if you just stop trying. I shamefully bought my way to shaper early in the league because I know my pc and build can't handle it. If players with enough time can't complete the atlas by this time then GGG is spot on the RNG wall. Im just not sure if this goes well with player retention. I was bored 2-3 weeks in because of the map drop wheel of fortune being stuck at rare t15s.

It's madness just thinking about grinding the atlas ad infinitum from now on.
"
Char1983 wrote:
What is your Atlas percentage? Also, how do you roll my maps?

I do: T12: Alch-and-go

T13+: fully chisel, alch, chaos if no pack size, vaal if single pack size, don't vaal if good roll like double packsize

For T14+ I add a Zana mod usually if it is non-corrupted double pack size

For T15+ I add fragments if I happen to have them.

For T16+ I sometimes add a Zana mod even if the map is corrupted.

I've gone through a period of very good map drops for a while (seems to be running out) and currently am sitting at 124/126 Atlas bonus and quite some T14+ maps. Pool is declining at the moment, though.

This is roughly my method and my atlas is 115-116 something around there. Although I tend not to vaal.
getting high level is a cardinal sin for GGG , so , everything is OK for them to make it so boring that everybody would be disgusted by that .... will we understand that for once ?

learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
ZeyroKJ wrote:
This is roughly my method and my atlas is 115-116 something around there. Although I tend not to vaal.

Vaaling makes a lot of difference because it gives you maps with 40% packsize / 150% IIQ on a somewhat regular basis. Your build has to be able to handle it though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info