[Not a Bug] Cospri's Malice Failing to Leech

Just did Olmec's. I could leech from 1 totem, couldn't leech from 3.

So I'd say still broken the way it was. You never know when and where.
Well at least I get some leech now whereas before it was zero. Probably still bugged if it's that inconsistent as people say when you can leech from some unique mobs and not from others.

Edit: indeed it seems that some monsters give no leech occasionally.
Last edited by Trejos on Sep 13, 2016, 6:12:10 PM
"
Trejos wrote:
Well at least I get some leech now whereas before it was zero. Probably still bugged if it's that inconsistent as people say when you can leech from some unique mobs and not from others.

"some" leech is notable sometimes.

The funniest bug would be if cospri's hogs the life leech gem for itself and that miniscule leech is the weapon damage.
"
OneEyeTwoHead wrote:
Definitely still broken.

exactly just tested on atziri no leech
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
OneEyeTwoHead wrote:
Definitely still broken.

exactly just tested on atziri no leech

Still broken for me...
+1
finished a strand map. I could leech from the double bosses.
I don't have vaal pact though.
I have noticed some leech on some twin bosses maps as well.

Can we get some Atziri tests from people who have fragments?

If atziri still doesn't leech the problem would be deeper than a simple bug of leech not working. I will give Izaro a try again when I level up.

Edit: Nevermind, just had another essence mob be unleechable. This is retarded. The items is more like cospri's gamble right now. Don't waste Atziri fragments, wait for a fix.
Last edited by Apos91 on Sep 13, 2016, 9:20:11 PM
The QA team has spent a lot of hours thoroughly testing any possible cases of this we can come up with and so far found no problems, including on copies of characters of players from this thread.

There have been cases when there's been very little leech, because monsters have high defences (including endurance charges, etc). Some of the videos posted in this thread and on reddit do in fact show some leech occurring if looked at closely.

Something which is potentially causing some of these reports is that enemies affected by a Remnant of Corruption cannot be life leeched from. This is an intentional part of that effect. This includes both enemies spawned from trapping essences that included a Remnant of Corruption, or any enemies that were broken out of their essences as a result of using a Remnant of Corruption on those essences (which is one of the four outcomes of the Remnant, and includes adding the Remnant's effect to the monster).

There have been no cases where we've so far been able to produce any incorrect result, and the reports we have are contradictory about what conditions are necessary to reproduce it.

I can personally attest to the fact that the code for leech does not ever reference the rarity of the thing being leeched from, or even access the relevant component where that information is be stored.

If there is something wrong here, then it's clearly not a simple case, and we need people to be clear about everything what they're doing when they encounter an unexpected result - not just the things like enemy rarity that they assume are relevant. Ideally, we need a case that can actually be reliably reproduced on a specific enemy or type of enemy. Please continue to provide as much information as you can about any situation where you think something might be wrong with the amount you're leeching.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The QA team has spent a lot of hours thoroughly testing any possible cases of this we can come up with and so far found no problems, including on copies of characters of players from this thread.

There have been cases when there's been very little leech, because monsters have high defences (including endurance charges, etc). Some of the videos posted in this thread and on reddit do in fact show some leech occurring if looked at closely.

Something which is potentially causing some of these reports is that enemies affected by a Remnant of Corruption cannot be life leeched from. This is an intentional part of that effect. This includes both enemies spawned from trapping essences that included a Remnant of Corruption, or any enemies that were broken out of their essences as a result of using a Remnant of Corruption on those essences (which is one of the four outcomes of the Remnant, and includes adding the Remnant's effect to the monster).

There have been no cases where we've so far been able to produce any incorrect result, and the reports we have are contradictory about what conditions are necessary to reproduce it.

I can personally attest to the fact that the code for leech does not ever reference the rarity of the thing being leeched from, or even access the relevant component where that information is be stored.

If there is something wrong here, then it's clearly not a simple case, and we need people to be clear about everything what they're doing when they encounter an unexpected result - not just the things like enemy rarity that they assume are relevant. Ideally, we need a case that can actually be reliably reproduced on a specific enemy or type of enemy. Please continue to provide as much information as you can about any situation where you think something might be wrong with the amount you're leeching.

at least half of the map bosses in t12+ maps I face I am currently unable to leech from. it's important to note that leech from normal and magic monsters is fine. there is absolutely no leech from many map bosses, Atziri, etc. while BV builds leech no problem.

Edit: I'll spend the rest of the evening recording and compiling different encounters.
Last edited by mill3nia on Sep 13, 2016, 10:39:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info