Self found can use a bit of love

We need examples man. If we have examples we can visualize the impact of it. You already got your better gem availability with npcs selling almost every gem on game. Why are you asking for more. All you are doing is complaining and that gets us no where. You also provide no solutions that don't have a major impact on the economy or races or challenges. Theres a reason quest reward skills were not added to npc vendors with the rest.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Sep 17, 2016, 5:22:12 PM
GGG should have a separated league to house us and just open the gems for that league. Or not, whatever.

Give SFL a sortable option on the ladderboard and there we go.

Some people WANT to play the hard way and feel the progression and be able to glance through to see how they measure up to their peers.

Nobody wants to take away easy-mode for the noobs, shoppers and content skippers, we just want to be separate from them.
"
Nobody wants to take away easy-mode for the noobs, shoppers and content skippers, we just want to be separate from them.

I have to chime in here and say that you're definitely not speaking for all self found players. I don't exclusively play self found. I don't go out of my way to avoid other players. In every single league, even ones where I've completely played self found, I either sold gear and kept the currency I got from sales separate from currency I found or just gave away good gear I couldn't use for free.

Usually what I do is play until I've done all the challenges I can self found, then start trading. I did 36/40 in Prophecy this way and would have done the same in Atlas if Atlas hadn't ruined the game so badly for me that I uninstalled after three days.

I don't want a separate league. I wouldn't even play in a separate league. That's not what I'm looking for at all.
Last edited by Jennik on Sep 17, 2016, 6:06:55 PM
"
GGG should have a separated league to house us and just open the gems for that league. Or not, whatever.

Some people WANT to play the hard way and feel the progression and be able to glance through to see how they measure up to their peers.

Maybe they could make a option when you create a character that says "trading allowed". If you check it you can trade, and thus are not SSF. They could then make a leaderboard ranking system that only ranks people with that option turned off. Once the character is created there is no way to change your choice. This sets it in stone and streamers can prove they have never traded by simply showing that the option is turned off.

They could then build around that. Challenges specifically for those playing with trade turned off, some vanity/MTX rewards for example.

This should be easy to code, making leaderboards only needing to check if an option is on or off, and trade as on or off. The difficult part may be coding in the removal of trading as a function, but I think just removing the trade button from U.I when you have trade off is simple to do as well.

I could be wrong but it sounds simple to me. This way SSF can play standard or league or hardcore with every one else but still have the challenge and limitations of SSF.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Sep 17, 2016, 6:20:39 PM
"
Jgizle wrote:
"

Maybe they could make a option when you create a character that says "trading allowed". If you check it you can trade, and thus are not SSF. They could then make a leaderboard ranking system that only ranks people with that option turned off. Once the character is created there is no way to change your choice. This sets it in stone and streamers can prove they have never traded by simply showing that the option is turned off.

They could then build around that. Challenges specifically for those playing with trade turned off, some vanity/MTX rewards for example.

This should be easy to code, making leaderboards only needing to check if an option is on or off, and trade as on or off. The difficult part may be coding in the removal of trading as a function, but I think just removing the trade button from U.I when you have trade off is simple to do as well.

I could be wrong but it sounds simple to me. This way SSF can play standard or league or hardcore with every one else but still have the challenge and limitations of SSF.

It would be as simple as flipping a switch. All of the coding already exists. Every short solo race is proof of that.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:
What other changes could benefit SSF players without causing economic or gameplay problems that effect everyone?

"Problems."

See, this is yet another case where as soon as you say the words "self found," everyone's brains start falling out. Suddenly every single change is a problem that will destroy the game. Better gem availability, which tons of players have asked for, the majority of whom don't even play self found? Game-killing problem. Won't somebody think of the races?!

It's absurd. How can one even argue against this level of misplaced concern? How can one possibly reason with this level of anti-self found paranoia? I don't believe one can, so I don't believe I'll try.

As usual in these threads, I'll just shake my head sadly and walk away disappointed.

Sigh.
Oh there's paranoia alright, but not where you think.
"
Jgizle wrote:

It would pretty much have to be its own league, since otherwise you could easily skirt the 'no trade' restriction by having a character that has trading enabled, buying stuff on them, and stash transferring it. A new league would disable this by having a new stash. Alternatively, you'd have to disable stash and guild stash for the character as well, and that's just a bad idea.
Last edited by Trylobyte on Sep 18, 2016, 1:19:40 AM
"
"

It would be as simple as flipping a switch. All of the coding already exists. Every short solo race is proof of that.

You don't know that, you have actually no idea about this.
I am going to go ahead and said, as simple as it is :

no.

Creating a league with a set of rules is one things.
Applying different sets of rules to different characters in the same could be ( and probably are ) completely different things.
It also gives obvious problems about the stash management.

You should think more before you throw such ridiculous assumption imho.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 18, 2016, 2:04:20 AM
I know it to be true because CW himself has confirmed it.
You should think before doubting your superiors.
"
I know it to be true because CW himself has confirmed it.
You should think before doubting your superiors.
Yeah no he hasn't. I believe he said creating new leagues is a flip of a switch. They've never hinted they could make two different types of characters in the same league. You could also just drop trade to get around the whole no trading thing, how would you stop people from doing that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info