[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

Doing this build in essence sc and it's working really well for now, reached 91 and thinking of upgrading bow soon. Got a question about crafting bow as i can't figure out how to craft bow with +1 to all gems, spell damage and leo's mod, as having 2 open prefixes after using essence would make it impossible to craft cata's mod as it would have 3 suffixes after essence and cata's mod is suffix.
The only way I can see to get the 'perfect' bow would be to spam essences until you get the +1 naturally, hopefully with a spare prefix for leo mod (And proj speed!).
Which could get a bit expensive unless you are lucky. Though I know someone who hit it first time...

Hence me suggesting using cheaper essences.
If it is more achievable, t5/6 essence + essence mod is higher increased damage than just t7 (If money is no object then go nuts obviously!). +1 gems is a rare mod though, could take 100's of essences to hit a natural roll.

But - while the Leo mod is good (though if damage is looking ok might even be tempted to craft proj speed instead) , and as much spell damage as possible is too, the +1 is more important, even without an empower . We have a few more options to grab spell damage, and can always try and pick up more of the witch spell damage nodes or get pure damage jewels to make up for the % scaling, what you can't do any other way is boost the base damage.

Oh, my other dumb idea was - we potentially have another 5/6l, and use a bow. Would caustic arrow be worth as a supplemental DOT?
Or in a 4l, use gloves with the more DOT damage mod from the corrupted essence.

A lot of pressure on links then though. Would have to drop something.

Yeah, if you try to add anything, you start to miss stuff for sure.

I have gone for the low life version number 1 from what I posted before. I still have to try the hard bosses with it, just tried merciless Malachai and it was a walk in the park. The regen helps a lot for hard recoveries. If anything I feel myself missing a bit of mana., but that's all. I am going to try some T13+ bosses and see how it goes.

If anything I am not that convinced about the wither totem. Is it to slow further the big bosses? I am tempted to just go for an expanded contagion (contagion + iaoe + faster casting + increased duration, maybe?).

The main pain is the unlinked blink arrow/lightning warp (going for lightning warp as it's a pain to just get the right socket in the Shav to go green).

EDIT: Alright, I have been trying the build with T15 and T14 and I see more the point of the wither totem now. Also... this works amazing. It's obviously a bit more slow than the ultra fast meta builds, but the sheer safeness of the build makes up for it, you just need to know a bit the fights. Dying to see how UberAtziri goes, but out of fragments at the moment :P

I must say the 3 curse setup, and specially the maxed Enfeeble and TC make really a difference, too.
I have never played eather a CI build or played with essence drain before and i have to say i am loving this build at the moment.

Just hit lvl 69 and was able to do the switch to CI and am currently sitting at 8256 Energy Shield and an Essence drain damage over time of 6535.6. If anyone wants to see my character you can look under my profile.

Thanks for this amazing build. Lvl 64 right now but im sure it will be great end game. Btw i think your leveling skill trees need correction. You took CI and Eldritch Battery nodes in ''95 and 106 points leveling trees''

Edit: I bought 6l bow and L3 empower. All gems(essence-destruction-decay-pierce-void) are l18 and i got 15k dot damage, 4.4k tooltip dps with flame golem. It's devastating. I'm lvl 77 right now. My plan is method the madness l80, essence surge l84. I got 10k shield so i left essence surge after damage nodes. I'm thinking one thing right now and that is mana cost. Right now it's 84. I think im gonna have a little problem when i got the +1 bow and l20 essence.
Last edited by Drvi34 on Sep 14, 2016, 11:31:37 AM
Hey, I'm doing ED with a Trickster, dualwielding wands. Is there any chance i can swap to bow+quiver and still work without being Witch?

lvl 84 atm.
GG GGG
Just want to say I could do T15 Daresso with this build, with a damage mod (+100% lightning damage).

This not being a leech build you have to adjust a bit, to run and dodge a bit in high life bosses, but once you get used to it, it's pretty hard to get killed.

The main bane in 'lots of stuff' happening bosses (such as Core malachai) is no burning/desecrated ground. If you have that around, you will not have a chance to recover in the key moments.
This build is awesome!

I'm running through packs and watching all mobs wither away as I pass them.

Besides Immortal call I'm also running Phase run 20q on CwDT, which helps a lot!

Oh and DBum, are you trying to get us killed with that Eldrich Battery node?? lol
Just started a Witch yesterday and got her to lvl 50. VERY excited to try this build.

I was theory crafting my ass off the past week, trying to find out if there is a better way to go than CA or ED. Perhaps traps/mines/totems to also bypass reflect, but ED gives that sweet sweet regen I think is crucial.

Playing Firestorm until I can get the quiver, then speccing into Chaos dmg afterwards.

SUPER excited to have a very safe Uber Lab runner.

What content can this push? I have seen ED builds do the guardians, and its ALOT of patience just ticking away at HUGE HP sponges. I know its not FOTM BV, and wont compare in speeds, just wanna know if its Uber Atziri and high T map viable.

EDIT - IS this better than CA in a +3 bow? Sorry all the questions, just very curious.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 16, 2016, 1:24:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info