[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

Thank you for all the positive responses guys. I can only push this as fast as I can which is slow because of work and what not.

I will try to post more vids when I do some maps that are "interesting".

I think this build can do any and all content, just need to do it.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Just re-crafted my bow.

Essence rolled until I got a 4 mod rare, then crafted cannot roll attack mods and exalted.
Dropped to using tier 6 essences, t7s were getting expensive, it's only max 10% more increased spell damage, the +1 is a lot more important.
Other option would be to keep spamming essences, you could try 20+ for the cost of the craft, but this is safer.
Will scour off the cat mod when I get tora 7 - can craft attack speed for blink arrow, a resistance or maybe leo reduced damage from dot mod.

Up to 11k dot on my essence drain now, at level 60.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Just re-crafted my bow.

Essence rolled until I got a 4 mod rare, then crafted cannot roll attack mods and exalted.
Dropped to using tier 6 essences, t7s were getting expensive, it's only max 10% more increased spell damage, the +1 is a lot more important.
Other option would be to keep spamming essences, you could try 20+ for the cost of the craft, but this is safer.
Will scour off the cat mod when I get tora 7 - can craft attack speed for blink arrow, a resistance or maybe leo reduced damage from dot mod.

Just out of curiosity, since I'm new to crafting...

Wouldn't your method only give a 50% chance to get the +1 level to socketed gems? With the other 50% being the +2 to socketed bow gems?

I've spammed like 7 shrieking essences of woe on a six link and got a 4 mod rare roll that I'd like to use, but its missing the +1. If not, I'm honestly just going to craft the bow as +3 and switch to CA and call it a day lol.
"
s_casa wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
Just re-crafted my bow.

Just out of curiosity, since I'm new to crafting...

Wouldn't your method only give a 50% chance to get the +1 level to socketed gems? With the other 50% being the +2 to socketed bow gems?

I've spammed like 7 shrieking essences of woe on a six link and got a 4 mod rare roll that I'd like to use, but its missing the +1. If not, I'm honestly just going to craft the bow as +3 and switch to CA and call it a day lol.

The +1/2 to bow gems is considered a "attack" mod. The Catarina mod "Cannot roll attack mods" blocks it from rolling as a prefix, as well as any other "attack" type mod. So we can freely exalt and guarantee the +1 to level of gems.

I am waiting still to do this to my own bow...

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Yep - this works with bows as they can't get mana as a prefix either, which is what complicates things like staff crafting.

Done my CI respec now. A LOT less squishy.

My current gear

Need to change belt - just need to figure out if I can use bated breath and still cap resists, otherwise will try and get a crystal belt.
Steppan eard is just the cheapest way to get decent es and move speed. The situational bonuses are ok sometimes too. Puts pressure on resists though.

Helm was bought white and an essence craft, Took 2 tries, but fairly happy with it. Shame about the resist rolls though.

Got these to use at level 73 too

9.7k es at level 70 - which is pretty good for a build without a shield. gloves and belt to upgrade and a few more es nodes to take. May try for a chest upgrade eventually too (If I don't go low life)

Mana is a real struggle at the moment. Been looking at Chayulas with damage taken as mana corrupts which may help a little.
Thinking about grabbing leadership cluster, bit more mana reservation reduction, discipline boost and curse aoe. Can grab Harrier for a point too then.
Last edited by Carlovski on Sep 18, 2016, 5:13:04 AM
Something else I'm going to play with - use Voidwalker boots.
Has the mod projectiles pierce when phasing, and phasing on kill.
Should be up most of the time while mapping, and can always proc with a quartz flask. And don't need the pierce on most boss fights anyway.

Let's us drop pierce support, which isn't great for damage any more. Either swap in poison permanently, or use empower.

Downside is low ES (But has some) and no resists, but I wasn't getting resists from that slot anyway.

UPDATE

Switched to voidwalkers, and got a crystal belt to make up for the lost ES. Works pretty well. 100% pierce is up most of the time, and just the phasing aspect is quite good for survivability, plut the extra projectile dodge.
Put in empower - still only level 2, but still a decent damage boost. Bit over 20k dot damage now.
Last edited by Carlovski on Sep 18, 2016, 7:01:23 PM
Just about to hit 70 to wear my 20/20 essence drain and Comcast went out.

Snagged a rare 6 link bow with 100+ spell damage and 3 suffixes. This means i can roll "cannot roll attack mods", exalt for +1 to skills, wipe cats mod off, the use leo to throw some DoT on it. Should be the best overall DPS bow I can get for the build.

At 69 and hardly into damage nodes, I am hitting 10k dps on ED. Build took a while to come together, and a while to learn to play. Its a very different play style, and it feels much more active.

Got a heretics veil this morning. Helps a ton with dual cursing atm. Might try and get an enlighten and tri curse, but that may be pushing it.

Will update when I have internet. Bow will be done, will hit 70 and will be rockin out.

"
sheeeeeeets wrote:

Snagged a rare 6 link bow with 100+ spell damage and 3 suffixes. This means i can roll "cannot roll attack mods", exalt for +1 to skills, wipe cats mod off, the use leo to throw some DoT on it. Should be the best overall DPS bow I can get for the build.

At 69 and hardly into damage nodes, I am hitting 10k dps on ED. Build took a while to come together, and a while to learn to play. Its a very different play style, and it feels much more active.

Got a heretics veil this morning. Helps a ton with dual cursing atm. Might try and get an enlighten and tri curse, but that may be pushing it.

Will update when I have internet. Bow will be done, will hit 70 and will be rockin out.

Unfortunately cannot roll attack mods is a suffix, not a prexif, so don't think you will be able to craft it.
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:

Unfortunately cannot roll attack mods is a suffix, not a prexif, so don't think you will be able to craft it.

I just figured this out myself....

Perfect bow will elude me FOREVER!!!!
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:

I just figured this out myself....

Perfect bow will elude me FOREVER!!!!

Haha - shouldn't take too many rolls with am essence of woe to hit a 4 mod (Or get super lucky and hit the +1). As I mentioned, I'd use shrieking essences to keep costs down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info