Hacked Accounts

"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

This is also a lesson in how many users are running infected software. Although we have an active community of over a million monthly users, we're seeing thousands and thousands of accounts running software that is known to be infected with keyloggers.

I read this as:"a lot of people are willing to risk losing everything, even risk getting banned to make the game enjoyable to them with an increase of drops and map adjustments."
This together with a high quitting rate for the high rollers, you now officially have a casual playerbase that modifies the game to their liking.

lol

In an unmoderated forum I would reply to this but won't take the bait here.
My account was hacked! All my currency and staff is gone! My fault cause I trusted procurement and acquisition!
I kindly asked GGG to spot the hacker and ban him and they don't give a sh@t!!!!!!!

Tell why shouldn't I hack other accounts? Nobody is going to ban me.

Guys do something about this! Don't restore my currency I don't care. I care about frauds and people making money like this and stay unbanned.

Yeah don't even bother to answer. Wasn't expecting anything better!
"
bbrtki wrote:
Out of curiosity, does converting your account to Steam improve security?
"
mindrust8 wrote:
"
bbrtki wrote:
Out of curiosity, does converting your account to Steam improve security?

It uses the same system as GGG has in place but with a wider area for the IP address before it locks the account, so no...it wouldn't, if you guys are still getting hacked despite the security already in place then you need to get your shit sorted(including clean instals, changing passwords making sure your email is secure)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 15, 2015, 6:44:12 AM
"
Kakoutious wrote:
My account was hacked! All my currency and staff is gone! My fault cause I trusted procurement and acquisition!
I kindly asked GGG to spot the hacker and ban him and they don't give a sh@t!!!!!!!

Guys do something about this! Don't restore my currency I don't care. I care about frauds and people making money like this and stay unbanned.

I also very recently (as in, within the last week and a half or so since Prophecy was released; in fact, the very day of the release) have had my account hacked and ALL the currency in Standard permanent league removed. I have sent screenshots, and even shots of Acquisition to prove totals, and GGG STILL has not responded. They do not even have the courtesy to respond to my queries about where the currency all went, who accessed it and from where, nor any progress on where they are, if they even are, investigating the issue as they promised they would look into it to me, in their email.

Absolutely terrible CS response, GGG. Pretty shameful considering the money myself and likely others have poured into efforts to support this game. Smarten up, already.
"
maboroshix wrote:
"
Kakoutious wrote:

I also very recently (as in, within the last week and a half or so since Prophecy was released; in fact, the very day of the release) have had my account hacked and ALL the currency in Standard permanent league removed. I have sent screenshots, and even shots of Acquisition to prove totals, and GGG STILL has not responded. They do not even have the courtesy to respond to my queries about where the currency all went, who accessed it and from where, nor any progress on where they are, if they even are, investigating the issue as they promised they would look into it to me, in their email.

Absolutely terrible CS response, GGG. Pretty shameful considering the money myself and likely others have poured into efforts to support this game. Smarten up, already.

You are not entitled to anything.

1. they have responded to you at least once, you even say later they have responded to you via email so why claim they have not.

2. Your items regardless of proof are gone and never to be restored

3. They will not tell you who has it because it's pointless, it would have been a mule account which would distribute it to dozens of other mule accounts and more mule accounts until the items are sold either via RMT or a normal in game trade to a normal player.

4. you should know exactly who had your stuff when they attempted to log in and generated the unlock code, which comes with an area of attempted login

5. it's YOUR issue, your security is shit...as not only have you game details been stolen but your email address is wide open to them as well.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Lets be real. My account is the benchmark for security breaches.

:-)

IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Ventor wrote:
Lets be real. My account is the benchmark for security breaches.

:-)

having the whealth of poe contentrated in just 10 or 20 accounts makes it pretty easy for ggg to implement a pretty effective currency sink without player's mass quitting.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Intersting post. I had my account hacked a few months ago... (details of my post are there for those interested,

I had different accounts for emails and PoE and different passwords of course. I have a strong passwords for my email account (not so much for PoE but heh! what were the chances...). PoE was not played through steam and no script at alls were used.

I do believe that my account was hacked using a tool specifically made to hack PoE accounts...

I did post the link for the tool but it was removed by the admin, so I am not reposting it here, it was just a proof that such tools exists.

I would like to know whether GGG addressed their security or not ? Because I am not investing 3 other years of my life playing this game that I have followed since it was only a few thousands players, playing it, if there is a chance that I could lose it all, again.

Hope that at least my post can help increase security and put other's people minds at rest.

But it would be good to know that GGG addressed this for good...

Cheers all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info