Hacked Accounts

2-factor authentication helps greatly in preventing inappropriate access, but there's nothing that GGG, your anti-virus, or anything or anyone else can do if you knowingly run harmful software (i.e. "bots").

As for tracking down your items, they have very likely already been laundered to the point of unsearchability, and GGG's support staff doesn't have nearly enough people to track down these things and still be able to support other players.

They will definitely not duplicate or otherwise reinstate your losses.

Disclaimer: I don't speak on GGG's behalf; I'm not part of their staff.
Out of curiosity, does converting your account to Steam improve security?
All the hackers aren´t that way bad. THere are good hacker, but the "Stealing" hackers in video games are the worst.
This is just silly. How come smart people never get "hacked"? I understand that this is very frustrating for the staff, but.. Man the intellect of some players is really questionable...

I haven't been hacked on any game throughout my whole life. I wonder why..?
Had a long break from the game and thought of coming back only to find that all my "high value" items, 6links and other items i need for characters and their builds at that level to even be effective, weps etc. everything "important" gone (iknow you dont necessarily need a 6-link to be effective but you know what i mean). came to see if there was any solution to this and i guess what i found out is i wont be playing path of exile again :), just takes way to long to grind up good gear to even get usable characters again ^^, imagine every build on every char broken because 2+key items is missing and all valuable trading material gone. I get the reason why they wont "reimburse" stolen items etc. but going about to fix all my characters would just take to much time, hehe enjoy the game guys :)
"
JensenJ wrote:
Had a long break from the game and thought of coming back only to find that all my "high value" items, 6links and other items i need for characters and their builds at that level to even be effective, weps etc. everything "important" gone (iknow you dont necessarily need a 6-link to be effective but you know what i mean). came to see if there was any solution to this and i guess what i found out is i wont be playing path of exile again :), just takes way to long to grind up good gear to even get usable characters again ^^, imagine every build on every char broken because 2+key items is missing and all valuable trading material gone. I get the reason why they wont "reimburse" stolen items etc. but going about to fix all my characters would just take to much time, hehe enjoy the game guys :)

That's unfortunate.

You could use the new upcoming League as an excuse to restart at point zero anyway. :P
That's actually pretty cute.
Explaining the account hacking details and saying that people who use maphacks and the like only have themselves to blame.
Sadly anyone even remotely intelligent can see past that.
Props for the effort though.
Don't use shady 3rd party software kids~
my eng bad,my account hacked plz help
R5 2600(4100mhz)16gb(3333mhz)1060 6gb(2100mhz)ssd kingston hyperX 240gb,BenQ XL2720Z
"
Chris wrote:

This is also a lesson in how many users are running infected software. Although we have an active community of over a million monthly users, we're seeing thousands and thousands of accounts running software that is known to be infected with keyloggers.

I read this as:"a lot of people are willing to risk losing everything, even risk getting banned to make the game enjoyable to them with an increase of drops and map adjustments."
This together with a high quitting rate for the high rollers, you now officially have a casual playerbase that modifies the game to their liking.

So as a developer, you can trail behind and still go with your vision, or try and take away the incentive of using these programs by actually trying to figure out what your playerbase wants. As banning people who run hacks only drives people away from your game or makes them go full on bot mode to get some easy cash.

But as usual, I expect nothing from this. Common sense is not in GGG's rulebook.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Chris wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I posted here explaining the common ways that users are having their passwords compromised by attackers.

You sir have trolled me 1 too many times. I do not trust your links!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info