[2.4] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: RIP to GGG Designing for Xbox One

Heyho ! Nice Builddude awesome !
i got a question now i dont have enough currency atm for Shav´s can u involve a Lufe Based Passive Tree in ur Guide ? would be awesome !

"
Dreysha wrote:
Heyho ! Nice Builddude awesome !
i got a question now i dont have enough currency atm for Shav´s can u involve a Lufe Based Passive Tree in ur Guide ? would be awesome !

There are several build guides for life based Mjolner in this very forum. Life based Mjolner is going to result in a fairly different build with a completely different set of passive, gear, gem, and flask requirements and it will also wind up with a build which has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.

All that to say, Rainbownuke is solidly a low life only build guide at this point - this build is designed to maximize your clear speed while running very difficult T12+ maps safely. Other Mjolner builds make sacrifices on their clear speed to improve something else (e.g. boss killing, making the build cheaper, etc).

Clear speed is still king, which is why I still promote this build. If you need a cheaper build, check out one of the other Mjolner builds on the forum (though I believe that the expense of Mjolner builds increased across the board in 2.4)

I will eventually be updating the build guide a bit to reflect my findings that, in 2.4, this is not a very great budget Mjolner build - the gear requirements to get this to do 8-mod red maps safely are far higher than they were before. Primarily: Legacy Vinktar now makes a very large difference over new Vinktar, and 8000 ES is a bare minimum rather than an ideal. I'd say that this build needs +1k ES and a Legacy Vinktar compared to 2.3 where it didn't really need the legacy Vinktar for mapping and killed things so quickly that a little less ES was still very safe.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 16, 2016, 4:50:35 PM
Currently playing with the build.
Sitting at 4k es atm looking to improve it without a shav atm.
Build works fine but at times the damage does feel like it can be better although I do feel like I have done something wrong.
Last edited by Ucero on Sep 22, 2016, 3:34:08 PM
Currently experimenting with crit/elemental overload and

instead of resolute technique and

They give a nice boost to energy shield and also a fair bit of accuracy... hard to tell yet if they're better or not

-EDIT- I went back to RT + Repentance... EE+Shaper's Touch felt like it had potential to deal more damage but at the expense of consistency. Wound up deciding the consistency was more valuable.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 20, 2016, 11:10:08 AM
Hello!
I'm a Taiwanese player.
Thanks for you offer this article !
It's really help me a lot !

But I have a big question .
About mana

Passive tree we use VP 、GR

And I want to know how can I use skill whithout drink life medicinal liquid.
"
ran91027 wrote:
Hello!
I'm a Taiwanese player.
Thanks for you offer this article !
It's really help me a lot !

But I have a big question .
About mana

Passive tree we use VP 、GR

And I want to know how can I use skill whithout drink life medicinal liquid.

This build uses the blood magic keystone (use life instead of mana for skills) and uses jewels with life gain on hit to sustain attacking.
New discharge MTX.......say hello to RainbowFlare
"
iSo1iD wrote:

I actually dislike the new mtx but plan to use it because I think it obscures enemies near you less than the regular effect, making it easier to avoid 1 shot mechanics (hopefully)
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Have you tried it? Is it less fps heavy?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Have you tried it? Is it less fps heavy?

From what I've been testing, it actually does seem to be less FPS heavy, which might sound odd, but I'll have to check it more.

Also, on another note, I have my Champion LL variant of this build up and running, though still tweaking it out some, but thusfar it's working ok. Trash clearing seems to be fine, though I will need to test it on maps with more mob life, damage reduction, and the like to see. However, single target is definitely not in the same category as Berserker, but I might be able to eek out a little more damage once I hit 95 and maybe shuffle some points around.

That said...wow...build is a lot more tanky than I expected it to be, and can run 9 auras/heralds at the moment with what I've got, which isn't too shabby. :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info