[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

With the addition of Voidwalker boots, should we drop the pierce gem altogether and replace with added chaos or perhaps another damage support gem?
what if i dont have that +1 curse amulet for the LL version?
"
Kaktuskiller wrote:
what if i dont have that +1 curse amulet for the LL version?

I was about to tell the same thing!

Btw, I have a problem, how do i get sufficient life to reserve auras? I can only use 1 between Clarity and Discipline.
Last edited by tipicozzy on Oct 7, 2016, 9:17:59 AM
@Kaktuskiller and tipicozzy, you can run tri-curse with a Doedre's Damining ring. Just running dual curse + Arctic Armour (no Witchfire Brew, just another utility flask) works just fine as well. When you have enough money to play this build as Low Life, you should have enough dps to not really need the Vulnerability.

@son722, personally I just use the Pierce gem for the more projectile damage without the drawback of slower projectile speed the Slower Projectiles would give. If I were to use the Voidwalker boots, I might still use Pierce. I am currently very torn between Slower Projectiles and Pierce. You should just use the one that you feel comfortable with.

@tipicozzy, when it comes to your life reserve, your Clarity is probably too high level compared to your Blood Magic. Use a lower level clarity until your Blood Magic gets a few levels. With level 20 BM you should be able to use a level 20 Clarity at around level 90.
Last edited by Nedieth on Oct 9, 2016, 5:52:14 AM
So i'm lvl 84 atm and this is my gear so far. But i have a big problem i do low dmg in high maps and don't know why...can you please help me with this?? I really don't know how you got that dmg :( With everything up i only have 7.5k dmg i think

@Jokerilum this is my tree so far

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMeA-4HHg18DkgPqxEvEVARlha_GGoZihpsGo8bJRzcHb4fQSL0JIsmiCj6KwospjOHNAo1uTdmPLY9X0kTSVFJsUuuTINSU1KvV8lYB1xAXGtcil3yYlpn_GqMbAttGXDUdIF1nnaCeC9713zlf8aAs4LHhEiHy4ngj0aP-pDWkUeTH5MnlS6XBpeVl_SboZ2uoS-i2acIpyunm7DYtAy00bVItzC4k7tNvorDOsNtxKLIDMgUytPPFdfP2VvaO91f34rfmOZY6FrpAuq662Pr7u-I8NX1b_ba98H31_k3-aT56PsJ?accountName=tipicozzy&characterName=_DixionYamouf_
Last edited by tipicozzy on Oct 10, 2016, 11:39:02 AM
@tipicozzy

Damage mostly depends on passives. (can you post your tree? )
Also you have 5L ED lvl19, getting additional link and lvl21 gem will improve damage significantly.
Chaos damage can be found on rings (essense league) + ~60%, and spell damage on amulet and spirit shield + ~30%.
Additionally helmet can be enchanted with essense drain damage at labyrinth.
I just checked my own character at level 95. 5L with a 19/20 ED. Keep in mind that my other supports are still 21/20:

In town: 6.8k direct damage tooltip
With auras: 8.8k direct damage tooltip
With frenzy and flasks: 13.5k direct damage tooltip.

The essence drain direct hits hit for 210 to 314 base damage at level 19, while I run at level 24, where there damage is 354 to 530.

TL;DR: Your damage will skyrocket as ED gains more levels. until then, use Abyssal Cry to clear big and tanky packs.

I found a video I recorded from the early days of Essence HC league showing how to deal with the "Allies cannot die" affix and tanky packs (in this case Cinder Elementals). I'm not even using a Quartz flask yet at this stage to make the allies cannot die affix extremely easy to deal with

https://youtu.be/S5syMX0Qcvk

EDIT: Interesting bit at 0.35+
Last edited by Nedieth on Oct 10, 2016, 11:45:31 AM
Hey there Nedieth!

First, great guide, I enjoyed it and it made my progressing very easy, to see what to upgrade and which items to go for! Due to me having a bad laptop, some weekends 3-4G connection in southern forests of Estonia, I stick to non HC leagues.

I always post mid league in the thread I follow for the current league to tell my story how I lvled up and and how I progressed with the build I chose for the league.

After playing a LL KB wander (Champion for the extra tankyness and perma fortify) If there wasnt a FW nerf, I would most likey go for same build/gear but maybe chaos version for this league. So I had to find a new guide and I foudn your thread! I wanted to play something very tanky again and this build/setup looked ideal.

I followed your lvling section, made it very easy with gem choices and gear wise I used alot of the low lvl essences to craft something and it made my lvling so much easier, compared to alst 2 leagues. (I started playing poe in midway of Perandus, so relatively new poe player)

I lvled up as hybrid, sometime between 80-85 I decided to go for CI, with maybe 30-40 chaos invested I landed on about 7k ES after the transition. My first real big expensive upgrade I went for was Consuming Dark and it did improve my dps.

With lvl's and currency I saw how my dps kept increasing (jewels add alot actually). Then obvisouly getting Shavronnes, going LL, later getting lvl21 gems, lvl 4 empower etc, everything adds up and I feel the dps is pretty good right now for even t16 stuff, except maybe 2 guardians with poison immunity can take some time.

Right now I've managed to everything basically I wanted to do this league. Shaper, Uber Atziri, All the endgame grinds, Pale Court etc... I have to say this is a fantstic specc for uber lab. I guess I've done between 120-130 runs as of now and it's been financing my gear. (Uber lab with Unbearable Whispers V, good way to make back offering every run or get keys for your runs) So on my 36 Pale Court runs this league I'm at 11 bows currently. And I have to say the sets are cheaper than last league and bow sells for more. (ty 6min shaper reach post on reddit :))

Im currently sitting on 12.6k ES with disc up, HO dps is about 17.8k (47k dot dmg, without frenzy charges or flask used). With so little offensive dps stats on rings it's always been easy to be ele weakness capped and get decent rings.

Gem wise I decided to do a small change apart from your gems, to go for the Chaos Golem since I dont really like ctwd with ic with no charges and dont wanna rely a warcry for it. Maybe I will change my mind in future, but for now I like the permanent reduction. Also for mapping I switch out golem resi/life for vaal disc for thsoe shit moments. Current setup is my ideal uber lab setup. Maybe switch Dying Sun for another flask with movement speed.

Anyway, my current gear in the league:

Spoiler
Current Gear

I can still try to exalt the Gloves/Belt in future, but after slamming both my rings I have no faith in it! (Guess which stats I slammed on both rings :D ) Although it did leave me with spare 270 mana after reservation, which is actually very nice to get few combos out.

Also looking out for a decent shield currently, 500+ ES, similar resistances as I got now and about 40-50 spelldmg. I know its expensive but I'm probably willing to spend 40-50ex on it. Not alot of more upgrades to realy go for, maybe sme sick jewels but thy are very rare!

Since this is my third league. Im still abit unsure about gems/quality for completely endgame bis. If always lvl21 > Q23 or vice versa. Still trying to learn. Which gems would you go for next upgrades? Is Temp Chains 23Q or lvl21 better? Same with Rapid Decay, is the lvl21 q20 better than my current 23q? Artic Armour?

Anyway, a nice guide which made another league very enjoable! Have a good one,
Gammel
It's fun to see that someone has been using my build to really push to endgame on SC as well. I never got around to do Shaper/guardians due to my silly little rip. To speed up the kills on poison immune guardians, popping a few Essence of Delirium on a wand should really ramp up the dps (might be better overall as well with a really high spell damage roll).

When it comes to your support gems, you should always prioritize whatever gives you more, over what gives you increased. This means that our support gems are all better as 21/20 than 20/23. Arctic Armour is largely irrelevant, as +1 level gives 1% less fire damage taken. Still nice if you really want BiS.

Temp chains: lvl 21 is 1% slower, 3% quality is 1.5% slower.
Enfeeble: lvl 21 gives 1% less damage done along with 1% less of the same things that 23 quality gives 1.5% of.

I'd say level 21 is better for all our gems.

Also, Dying Sun is really cool for this build, as it makes it both easier to hit enemies and faster clearing/chaining of huge packs. Still not sure if I'd use it for HC.

When it comes to your gear, it is obviously extremely good, but you could consider getting 1 or 2 strong mana regen rolls. With better regen you can use unset rings for vaal lightning trap, golem, vaal disc, whatever and use enhance + enlighten for your curses. It will not be worth the investment, but I'd it would be the BiS version of the build.

Next league, get some better hardware and join us on HC!
"
Nedieth wrote:
It's fun to see that someone has been using my build to really push to endgame on SC as well. I never got around to do Shaper/guardians due to my silly little rip. To speed up the kills on poison immune guardians, popping a few Essence of Delirium on a wand should really ramp up the dps (might be better overall as well with a really high spell damage roll).

When it comes to your support gems, you should always prioritize whatever gives you more, over what gives you increased. This means that our support gems are all better as 21/20 than 20/23. Arctic Armour is largely irrelevant, as +1 level gives 1% less fire damage taken. Still nice if you really want BiS.

Temp chains: lvl 21 is 1% slower, 3% quality is 1.5% slower.
Enfeeble: lvl 21 gives 1% less damage done along with 1% less of the same things that 23 quality gives 1.5% of.

I'd say level 21 is better for all our gems.

Also, Dying Sun is really cool for this build, as it makes it both easier to hit enemies and faster clearing/chaining of huge packs. Still not sure if I'd use it for HC.

When it comes to your gear, it is obviously extremely good, but you could consider getting 1 or 2 strong mana regen rolls. With better regen you can use unset rings for vaal lightning trap, golem, vaal disc, whatever and use enhance + enlighten for your curses. It will not be worth the investment, but I'd it would be the BiS version of the build.

Next league, get some better hardware and join us on HC!

Thank you for the quick reply and insight about gems and everything!

About Dying Sun, I got it very recently and I'm not et very impressed with it. I paid 3ex for it and I dont really think it's worth the currency but I might change my opinion about it in the future. It does help clear big packs but with pierce I think I can do well without it too. The bigger aoe is obv always nice but giving up a flask with movement might not make it up for it!

Anyway, I'll work on some of the gems in near future and start looking for unset rings and mana regen perhaps.

Thank you once again!
Gammel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info