[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

The flask will work on the initial hit of ED, but we don't grab Ghost Reaver and we don't hit stuff very often, so it is completely useless in reality.

@Braxillian:
Double dipping on poison means that when you grab a 10% spell damage node as Essence Drain, your ED gets 10% increased damage as with everything else, and the poison from your hit also gains 10% increased damage as well. disregarding the initial hit, poison gets more effective. Since the initial hit is also scaled, we say that poison "double dips" as it benefits from your stats twice.

Stats that double dips: Spell damage, projectile damage, damage, chaos damage
Stats that does NOT double dip: Damage over time

This is the reason why poison and ignite builds are extremely strong at high gear levels.

"
Nedieth wrote:

Now, when it comes to decay, let's do some math. I am basing this off base values, so it is easier to understand:

You are rocking a level 4 empower. This makes the ED dot tick for 1227.6 DPS as your ED is effectively level 24. Decay gets applied on hit and deals 750 DPS. Due to the modifiers on our ED skill, Decay scales with every single damage scaling stat we use, and is therefore just added to the initial hit. With decay, your initial hit will hit will apply a DoT that deals 1977.6 DPS with just one hit. This is very nice while mapping, as the first target dies a lot faster and you can get your regen and AoE damage going.

Poison on the other hand deals 8% damage based on the initial hit, which at level 24 is 354 to 530. On average the poison DoT will be 35.36 DPS, but since poison double dips with nearly all the damage we have (%increased/more damage over time does not double dip), the better gear and gems you have, the stronger poison is relative to decay. Based off a rough memory of some math I did earlier for my own character, I guess that your poison does about 3-400 DPS after double dipping at base values.

In conclusion, Decay deals double damage of poison, but poison stacks. Two guardians are immune to poison (Chimera and Hydra), so decay is superior there anyway. Decay also lasts for 10 seconds, and poison lasts for 2. It is first when we go low life that poison really starts to get interesting, since we are then able to run clarity which lets us rapidly cast ED without relying on mana flasks or leech. For Hydra and Chimera, using a decay weapon and shield is most likely your best bet, while on Phoenix and Minotaur, you might be better off with Consuming Dark and a shield. For Shaper on the other hand, things gets more interesting. While he is not using his giant beam of doom, we are mostly just running around. Decay really shines in this scenario. When he beams, he stands still for several seconds and we are given a great chance to spam EDs in his face. I have opted to dual wield for Shaper, and have been very happy with the results, although going with just your Consuming Dark will work as well. It is during the beam attack that we are really able to do significant damage.

I hope this clarifies a bit when it comes to Decay/poison, and good luck killing the guardians.

If this makes it easier to understand the concept and reasoning behind decay vs. poison, I can add it to the main guide.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 28, 2017, 5:15:52 AM
Concerning the rings if I decide to try out Occultists when leagues merge, since I'm already loving Trickster (hate ring slot/chaos resist bosses).

How do you go about getting 'em, cheapest route that is.
Blues with high res / res+es then regal?
Or rares with 2 suffix gg res and 1 prefix ES.

Also for farming tough rolled guardians and such, would Legacy Soul Strike + +1Decay Bow outdo regular Shield + Decay (Decay + CD) setup? I mean I saw your rings and was like... hmm could get some sick cooldown reduction with those and Quiver.

Current gear progress
Spoiler

Stats: lvl 96 - 12.7k ES - 40k HO DoT (waiting stnd to swap Emp 4).
Struggling to find replacement for boots/gloves.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
For those rings you just spam alts until you get high res + ES, then regal and pray for a suffix you need. crafted one of them in just 100-200 alts (then ofc 3 ex for the crafts).

Going bow is ofc very nice to abuse the Occultist ES recharge. Since I play hardcore I tend to stick to a shield with reduced damage over time craft to avoid one-shots and degen issues. It really comes down to personal taste for guardians imo.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 28, 2017, 9:26:37 PM
One thing I accidentally found out is the Commandment of Flames seems pretty decent. Consuming Dark converts a bunch of it to chaos, and the result is about half the damage of my ED's initial hit, and it can proc off ED. So my ED will shoot out and it'll release a chaos-fire nova for about 50% damage, that also poisons what it hits. It also ignites, but that part of the damage doesn't seem significant.

The 5 second cooldown really hurts it, but for a glove enchant it seems pretty useful.
Is it viable to go straight into CI/LL without respec later? Or I will have problems with leveling/ low tier maps?
"
Bunek wrote:
Is it viable to go straight into CI/LL without respec later? Or I will have problems with leveling/ low tier maps?

CI is totally viable from 60+ - basically the first point where you buy full ES (low values but still) gear and make your way to Zealot´s oath (absolutely crucial as it lets you play comfortably with 4-5k ES for quite a while).

I mean, this season I just went with the CI tree from lvl1 and only put points into CI in merciless.
Last edited by Xyel on Jan 29, 2017, 4:44:17 AM
"
Nedieth wrote:
BiS items for this build is extremely situational. Check the weapon setups section for weapons. +1 Shav's and +1 curse Presence of Chayula are the only uniques that make up for "BiS" setup. Rest is optional.

How do I get the +1 roll on the Shav's?
Vaal orbs. It is not recommended unless you have infinite currency.
Do you have any breach runs videos for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info