[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

@Riusaldregan, these days I will always grab Swift Killer and Weave the Arcane. The combination of the two nodes makes for a very strong and fast MoM based mapper. If you don't mind sacrificing some speed and might want to reserve more mana, you could go down to Escape Artist instead for more of a hybrid life/ES setup. This setup should work out quite a lot better than before due to the ES on kill from Patient Reaper. You can then use the 6-8 passives you safe to grab a few ES notables.

@MangoPirate, I am no longer getting Ghost Dance. I have been bitten by the "gotta go fast" meta, and enjoy the character more by pushing the limit of how fast I can clear with the build.
I'm just having a really tough time between choosing Occultist or Trickster. I definitely want to lean on Blight for damage and not just the debuff, and I really like the ED-In-Hungry-Loop idea. Both ascendencies seem really strong now, and I can imagine being good at killing bosses and being somewhat tanky will be important this league if you want to Beastcraft without buying all your beasts.
"
Riusaldregan wrote:
I'm just having a really tough time between choosing Occultist or Trickster. I definitely want to lean on Blight for damage and not just the debuff, and I really like the ED-In-Hungry-Loop idea. Both ascendencies seem really strong now, and I can imagine being good at killing bosses and being somewhat tanky will be important this league if you want to Beastcraft without buying all your beasts.

I have played both trickster and occultist ED builds in previous leagues, and while I love the energy shield of the occultist, I greatly preferred trickster due to the much increased mobility. Occultist had such low cast speed that it was difficult to dodge things, and I ended up dying too much. This also caused much slower map clear speed. Also, the explosions from profane bloom are awesome, but they end chains prematurely, which really is a shame. That being said, both are totally shaper viable.
My reasoning is exactly the same as what MrChubms is saying. I simply value the clear speed much higher than the increased damage vs. triggered fights. Occultist is especially strong as LL, but with that high investment, I'd rather make a different type of character. We'll see this league if I/someone are able to bring down uber Elder comfortably as MoM Trickster. If that works out well, I am sticking to my MoM Trickster still.
Fair enough, and the Profane Bloom/Contagion negative interaction is probably enough to tip me over the edge into Trickster.

So, your ultimate gem setups have evolved to look like this, then?

Chest: Blight - Swift Affliction - Void Manipulation - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Empower
HLoop: Essence Drain - Swift Affliction - Void Manipulation - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy
4Link: Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Enfeeble | Flame Dash
4Link: Contagion - Increased AoE - Arcane Surge - Faster Casting
4Link: ???
3Link: Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Casting/Increased Duration
3Link: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

What's in that last 4 link that is freed up without Allelopathy; a CwDT defensive setup?

With Breath of the Council, Chaos Impresence, Hungry Loop, and what else? Still thinking Perfect Form, or the MoM body armor?
That looks about right. CWDT or other utility for the last 4L seems like a good choice. Keep in mind that with this setup you cut your ED damage quite drastically (30-35% ish) while just increasing Blight damage by 20 or so percent. If you decide to go for this kind of setup, you might be more happy by going all out and use skin of the loyal. This will really make your Blight DPS high enough to rival a LL character.

It is also not worth using Blight in a 6L over Allelopathy before you at least have level 21 Blight + level 3 Empower or better.

I would use Skin of the Loyal, Cherrubim's or Perfect Form depending on how you want to balance DPS/mitigation.
Probaly want arctic armour. Especialy if you use perfect form
What about Witchfire Brew with despair as a flask option?
I've did that. Need to turn off temp chains first. Does major damage on single boss.
I usually don't get brew and just wait with despair until I get Impresence and dual curse. Do whatever works for you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info