[2.6 Video Guide] Cheap "New League Viable" Warchief Totem Axe Build [HC/SC]

"
RafaAff wrote:
Nice build, love playing HC with totems. But I have a question regarding Fortify, should I link a Fortify Support to the Warchief Totem while I don't have 4 Ascendancy points to have perma Fortify?

4-link atm: warchief, melee phys dmg, faster attacks, fortify

Does it work like that or should I do something different? Thanks.

Hi there,

*if* you link Fortify to your Totems, then your totems will get Fortify not you. (If I remember correctly)

I suggest Warchief, mele phys, Faster Attacks, Inc AOE or Weapon Elemental Damage.

If you feel to need more safety, use cast when damage taken (lvl 1) + Immortal Call lvl 3 + inc duration. This safes you from burst damage like those nasty Devourers or Porcupines.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I'm using Mauls for this. Started with Geofris and now have a Marohi. They are both very cheap and powerful uniques. Why axes vs mauls? Is it personal preference or is there a solid reason behind it?

I've obviously swapped out the axe nodes for the maul nodes.
Why Hatred (cold) rather than, say, Anger (Fire)? Wouldn't the fire aura be better since we have Added Fire on the Totems?
"
Merneith wrote:
Why Hatred (cold) rather than, say, Anger (Fire)? Wouldn't the fire aura be better since we have Added Fire on the Totems?

Hatred scales with you raw physical damage, Anger adds flat firedamage. At some point Hatred will deal mroe damage than Anger.

"
phoenixone wrote:
I'm using Mauls for this. Started with Geofris and now have a Marohi. They are both very cheap and powerful uniques. Why axes vs mauls? Is it personal preference or is there a solid reason behind it?

Axes are faster than maces, resulting in a faster clear speed. Maces are fine, but for Marohi, its really slow.

This doesn't mean that Marohi Erqi is a bad weapon, its not. One you have a faster weapon you'll recognize a boost in map clearspeed. Thats the main reason.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"
Merneith wrote:

Hatred scales with you raw physical damage, Anger adds flat firedamage. At some point Hatred will deal mroe damage than Anger.

"
phoenixone wrote:

Axes are faster than maces, resulting in a faster clear speed. Maces are fine, but for Marohi, its really slow.

This doesn't mean that Marohi Erqi is a bad weapon, its not. One you have a faster weapon you'll recognize a boost in map clearspeed. Thats the main reason.

Bison, thanks for the details! Hammers are cheaper for the moment until I get a nicer axe :D Sounds great.
Checking the DPS between Marohi and Hezmana's Bloodlust, Hezmana's is a little lower.

Though, with the movement speed the axe takes a lead...

But you can basically get a 5L with only 4 due to the built in skill. So if you can 5 or 6L the marohi, I think it would be better vs the axe since it has the built in increased AOE.

Or no?
"
phoenixone wrote:
Checking the DPS between Marohi and Hezmana's Bloodlust, Hezmana's is a little lower.

Though, with the movement speed the axe takes a lead...

But you can basically get a 5L with only 4 due to the built in skill. So if you can 5 or 6L the marohi, I think it would be better vs the axe since it has the built in increased AOE.

Or no?

You won't even recognize the DPS difference. Most Packs die in one Attack of you Brotem anyway, so whats better? One slow oneshot or a fast oneshot? :D

I bet you get it why Axes are overall the better choice, and think about the absolute dream, the Disfavour.

But as told inb4, there is nothing wrong with Marohi thats a great weapon. Its just not optimal, thats all.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Sep 8, 2016, 8:28:45 AM
Damn, gained 900 dps by getting the Hezmana's axe with 410 dps and changing the hammer to axe nodes...
"
hyper_ch wrote:
Phase Run doesn't seem to work too well though... However CwDT, Summon Flame Golem, GMP and Blind works good.

Not sure how this works. GMP splits existing projectiles, and blind makes them blind people. where are the projectiles coming from, the golem?
Bison can you link your gear please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info