[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

Hello. Great and interesting build you have. I have some questions.

Im using Bringer of Rain now and some random rare axe. I also have Devoto's, Brass Dome and Voidheart ring but no Atziri's axe because its so freaking expensive and i dont have currency to buy anything like that.
Should i use BoR or change to Brass/Devoto's/Voidheart? I also have Belly of the Beast. And what about other gear i have? I know my boots has 1 wrong coloured gem slot but cant change it atm.

Im noobie, this is my first league i play and its fun!

Thanks!
Last edited by Nadragh on May 8, 2017, 10:58:44 AM
"
Nadragh wrote:
Hello. Great and interesting build you have. I have some questions.

Im using Bringer of Rain now and some random rare axe. I also have Devoto's, Brass Dome and Voidheart ring but no Atziri's axe because its so freaking expensive and i dont have currency to buy anything like that.
Should i use BoR or change to Brass/Devoto's/Voidheart? I also have Belly of the Beast. And what about other gear i have? I know my boots has 1 wrong coloured gem slot but cant change it atm.

Im noobie, this is my first league i play and its fun!

Thanks!

Use BoR budget setup while attempting to 6link your Brass Dome. One you hit your 6 link go ahead and switch over except Voidheart (because without Disfavour you need to run a Poison gem). You should have a steady income flow, Disfavours are about 2-3ex, a week of casual farming and its yours. (Alot are posted for raw Chaos, dont be afraid to haggle..if youre close enough most people will just quick sell to get rid of it...see one posted for 300 chaos? Ask the guy if he would take 250) When you get close to being able to afford one, i would recommend selling everything you can.. The weapon is so build enabling, like cruise control.

Then you can fully switch everything over to the full build except for swapping Witchfire to Taste of Hate.

I used Hezmana's Bloodlust (and Kaom's Primacy is probably even better) until i was able to get my Disfavour. My rare pieces (neck/rings/belt/boot) i actually only upgraded once (when i hit 60-70 and finally at 90 with much better pieces).
Last edited by DrPriapism on May 8, 2017, 5:09:38 PM
1) I would like to kill the Shaper with this build.
2) I have pretty good gear
3) I'm apparently bad at this fight/game, as I can't get past his 2nd phase.

This is my character: http://poe-profile.info/profile/baru_monkey/GhostySlam

What can I do to increase my chances of killing him? I have about 750 chaos to play with at the moment.
Last edited by baru_monkey on May 8, 2017, 11:45:59 PM
"
baru_monkey wrote:
1) I would like to kill the Shaper with this build.
2) I have pretty good gear
3) I'm apparently bad at this fight/game, as I can't get past his 2nd phase.

This is my character: http://poe-profile.info/profile/baru_monkey/GhostySlam

What can I do to increase my chances of killing him? I have about 750 chaos to play with at the moment.

The only gear requirement for shaper is the Curse on Hit Vuln with gloves (mainly for add phase on Zana), and really this is more a QoL and should not seperate you from being able to do the Shaper.

Few things about your gear.
Remove the enhance gem in your helm, its a wasted support gem socket, it doesnt affect anything its connected to, and if you're wanting to level it to sell just put it in your swap weapon.

The ACW+Poison link in your Disfavour is wasted, you dont need to run this link setup since your Disfavour causes guaranteed bleed, and you have a 65% chance to poison on bleeding targets. Go back to CWDT+Flame Golem. Flame Golem does a little bit of minion damage, and gives you +20% damage.

You're missing the Cloth & Chain node in your passive tree (+36% Armour and Evasion and +15% all resist) and visually you have no Jewels (Use jewels to finish capping any resistances, then go for damage ones...a good dmg one adds about 8k tooltip (which is 16k dps because double totems)

If your resistances are above 165% and Armour above 15k and health above 5.1k, then as far as the above notes you should be ok.

That being said, unfortunately this isnt a build that one shots shaper so you REALLY need to study the fight and practice it. The entire fight is around Beam and Death Balls. Watch the OPs shaper video to see where he places the totems and how he dodges the beam after Zana's save phase. It really helps, and like i said it boils down to practicing the fight. Once you can get to phase 3 almost every attempt, then switch out Rapid Decay for Culling Strike and get him down. This was my first league actually killing Shaper, and it took a few attempts.

One of the biggest things with Shaper is the mini boss inbetween phases (The Unshaped), hes a bit of a struggle to learn where his abilities are going and where to properly put your totem to ensure they stay up and actually do damage. (This more applies to inbetween phase 2 and 3 where he casts much more rapidly)

Good luck and if you need a reference, heres my gear.
Spoiler

Last edited by DrPriapism on May 9, 2017, 6:47:31 PM
Thank you very much for the feedback.

Really, my main goal is to kill the Shaper once ever (and Uber Atziri, I guess), as that's the only content I haven't yet completed.

I might just wait a while into until 3.0, until the best "Shaper Farmer" build is found, and train on that. In the meantime, thanks again for personalized tips! I might try it a few more times. I have high hopes, but low expectations.
Is this build HARDCORE viable?

Any changes that might be done to be able to run more comfortably this build in HARDCORE?
"
Tuche wrote:
Is this build HARDCORE viable?

Any changes that might be done to be able to run more comfortably this build in HARDCORE?

Yes, read p1.
One question i have is why vaal lightning trap.
What benefits we have from using it?
Does it shock bosses increasing our DPS because tool-tip dps is like 500 and that is nothing compared to totems dps.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
"
laciffer wrote:
One question i have is why vaal lightning trap.
What benefits we have from using it?
Does it shock bosses increasing our DPS because tool-tip dps is like 500 and that is nothing compared to totems dps.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

it gives shocked ground, which increases the damage mobs take by 50%. So essentially when you throw it out, your damage increases by 50%.
I play this build as my first league char. Feels pretty good overall. Also, today i spend 1000c on fusings, try to get 6l and... get nothing =) dat rng.
But I change few thing.
First time i think i want more tanky character, so i get juggernaut because of brass dome and doubled armor from chest. Then i realise - armor is nothing ) It's save from melee phys damage but not from other things. So i change it to kaom heart, more life. Subclass still jugger, don want going lab again and spend many regrets. Try to move main skills combo to axe but don't get 6l.
So now it's look like this:
Spoiler

I personaly don't like damage on full life support gem (because almost always not on full) and change it to added fire damage, but understand loosing many damage from DOTs. And arctic armour seems useless because you always try to move to survive, bonuses dont work.
All T15 map doing easy.
7K hp and 60K dps.
⚔️ https://steamcommunity.com/id/yalme/
Last edited by yalme on May 11, 2017, 8:24:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info