Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
JizaBol wrote:
Is it rly profitable to use damage on full life? We cant get uptime to 100% with hp build, maybe it will be better to swap to another gem?

In some point of this topic the OP itself said that if you can't manage to stay safe you can swap for added fire damage, but into this 2 seaons that I did the full build, I can tell you. Or you stay safe and play ok, or you will die. Regen + warcry every 2sec + warcry regen can get you full life almost 80% of a map. More if you're doing atziri/uber lab/shaper.

So, if you can't manage to keep out of trouble, just use added fire damage.

Edit: Sorry about the double post... dammit!
Last edited by Darkkaos on Mar 8, 2017, 3:31:36 PM
Fair enough. I'm generally at full life, but have to chose between losing ~45% some of the time with losing 5% all of the time (full life->added fire is 5% diff per level). Will try to pay more attention to what % of time I'm < 100% life.

I'm looking at swapping to a rare axe on POE.trade - do we want high DPS or high pure pDPS (or does it matter)?

"
rorolandofeld wrote:
Fair enough. I'm generally at full life, but have to chose between losing ~45% some of the time with losing 5% all of the time (full life->added fire is 5% diff per level). Will try to pay more attention to what % of time I'm < 100% life.

I'm looking at swapping to a rare axe on POE.trade - do we want high DPS or high pure pDPS (or does it matter)?

Spoiler

Full life X added fire damage. Equal lvls. Into the final math, you lose ~17%. And you just need to focus on warcry after some dmg/use your insta-pot. But ofc it's playstyle.

About the axe, focus on pDPS as we focus on pure physical damage or physical convertion.
Last edited by Noasx2 on Mar 8, 2017, 8:58:28 PM
Enjoying the build so far. Tried uber lab for the first time last night and had some issues with phase 3:

1st attempt - steamrolled it. Damn, so smooth, so fast, so good.
2nd attempt - Izaro kills one of my totems with his first attack, I stop to cast a totem and he instantly turns and one shots me with his reave. Then he dies to the remaining totem.
3rd attempt - I think if one totem dies np, just avoid Izaro. He kills both totems with his initial attack so I stop to recast and he reaves me again. RIP.
4th attempt - I think the answer is put one totem on either side of him so he can't kill them both with one attack. I do this, then start running around him and to me it looks like he reaves the totem I'm running past (he may have just been attacking me). RIP.

I logged off at that point.

I'm relatively inexperienced with Izaro, I've done it on various characters but the only ones I've farmed him to any degree on have been a well geared starforge lacerate slayer a while back that could face tank him and a juggernaut pure RF char that was basically immune to phys damage.

Anyone got any pointers? I've read that staying close to him (running through him/around his feet) stops him doing some of his nastiest attacks, I've also read that the best time to attack him (in this case stop and recast totems, I suppose) is just after he charges/leap attacks - otherwise he can put out a one-shot attack pretty sharpish.

I've got 6k armour and 5.7k life. Admittedly my potion usage is pretty bad as I'm learning this char, I'm thinking tonight I'll make sure I've got better defensive pots and give it another go.

Otherwise, great fun powerful build. Looking forward to seeing what it can do - I just need to learn to live longer than 3 seconds vs phase 3 Izaro - my totems only need about 5 seconds to kill him.
"
JizaBol wrote:
Is it rly profitable to use damage on full life? We cant get uptime to 100% with hp build, maybe it will be better to swap to another gem?

Actually, my solution (for now) will be to use neither damage-on-full-life NOR a replacement, but instead only use a 5-link armor, and save money!
How much DPS does poison do without the atziri axe? My damage is good right now, but I wonder if it would be better to drop poison for added fire. Any ideas?

Here is my current gear:
I'm noticing that my totems are super squishy, to the point where they can hardly do damage in situations like breaches or very dangerous bosses. Am I missing something here or is it just something you have to try and play around?
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:
Spoiler
Enjoying the build so far. Tried uber lab for the first time last night and had some issues with phase 3:

1st attempt - steamrolled it. Damn, so smooth, so fast, so good.
2nd attempt - Izaro kills one of my totems with his first attack, I stop to cast a totem and he instantly turns and one shots me with his reave. Then he dies to the remaining totem.
3rd attempt - I think if one totem dies np, just avoid Izaro. He kills both totems with his initial attack so I stop to recast and he reaves me again. RIP.
4th attempt - I think the answer is put one totem on either side of him so he can't kill them both with one attack. I do this, then start running around him and to me it looks like he reaves the totem I'm running past (he may have just been attacking me). RIP.

I logged off at that point.

I'm relatively inexperienced with Izaro, I've done it on various characters but the only ones I've farmed him to any degree on have been a well geared starforge lacerate slayer a while back that could face tank him and a juggernaut pure RF char that was basically immune to phys damage.

Anyone got any pointers? I've read that staying close to him (running through him/around his feet) stops him doing some of his nastiest attacks, I've also read that the best time to attack him (in this case stop and recast totems, I suppose) is just after he charges/leap attacks - otherwise he can put out a one-shot attack pretty sharpish.

I've got 6k armour and 5.7k life. Admittedly my potion usage is pretty bad as I'm learning this char, I'm thinking tonight I'll make sure I've got better defensive pots and give it another go.

Otherwise, great fun powerful build. Looking forward to seeing what it can do - I just need to learn to live longer than 3 seconds vs phase 3 Izaro - my totems only need about 5 seconds to kill him.

Did the first uber lab this season today and was pretty smooth. Even did full keys (Argus was a pain but did it). Those days with sword are pretty rough and need a lot of careful to NOT get into the way of that shitty frontal attack.
Dropping totems by sides, one different that the other is the totem way, so you managed to learn that point. You need to stay not that far but not that close. Just don't hug him, staying out of the melee. And if your totem dies, drop it AFTER the frontal attack, he won't do that again soon. It's just it, you just need to learn the pattern, place totens before the engage, be careful about the frontal attacks, dropping totems again when it's virtually safe and, if you have problems with the pet getting the frontal attack, don't use it into that fight (my case. too many death because that little boy).

That was my gear from today (just don't pay attention to gem links because I already changed that).

Spoiler

"
baru_monkey wrote:
Spoiler
"
JizaBol wrote:

Actually, my solution (for now) will be to use neither damage-on-full-life NOR a replacement, but instead only use a 5-link armor, and save money!

Well, melee damage on full life is your last link, so it's ok doing that.

"
Immunized wrote:
Spoiler
I'm noticing that my totems are super squishy, to the point where they can hardly do damage in situations like breaches or very dangerous bosses. Am I missing something here or is it just something you have to try and play around?

The problem is the low dps to get mobs away from melee, so they just die. Breaches like tul are the worst but just recast your totens. With better gear you will just wipe a breach and don't even care about totem placement. Also, spam it if necessary :p. It's easy and you can just use warcry to get mana back.

PS.: That all is just my opinion doing this after 2 successful seasons. Maybe OP have different opinions.
Yo, first of all, great build to SSF. Can you check my gear and maybe give a tip or two how to improve? Im peaking with conc + pots 80k dps.

Your opinion for daresso's defiance, should i replace my current chest with that?

Cheers
Typhx
Last edited by Jykkemoro on Mar 10, 2017, 12:29:42 PM
I have a quick question--how does this build compare to a facebreaker build? I'm trying to decide which direction to go. I have a crappy set of Facebreakers (680) that i can use while i look for a better pair, but otherwise, I'm starting ground up...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info