Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

The Scourge Terror Claw doesn't work in the calculation (regarding the "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you" and "+70% damage to minion if you have hit recently"). Perhaps this can be fixed? Anyway, Thanks for the awesome tool.
If I'm offline, please drop me a message so that I can be notified through email, if you want to buy something from me. TY.
"
alvinnyau wrote:
The Scourge Terror Claw doesn't work in the calculation (regarding the "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you" and "+70% damage to minion if you have hit recently"). Perhaps this can be fixed? Anyway, Thanks for the awesome tool.
The wording of the first modifier changed slightly in 2.6, which was preventing the program from parsing it, but that was corrected in the update that was released a few hours ago. The second modifier should already be working.
Hey, this tool is among the most fun and useful things I saw among fanmade projects for games! Really enjoy using it. Just a bit of feedback/suggestions.

1. Item section needs QoL improvements. If you don't remember every single item in the game, you have to cycle through a long list of items, while looking at messy statistics. Ideally there should be an option to select several statistics you are interested in and sort all items by these statistics.

2. Item sets and skill sets, comparision screen. For now you have to manually change every single thing to compare two different setups, or use two different builds. Simple change would be to have skill/item sets which can be changed by clicking one button, to compare difference in setups for the same build. Having separate tab for comparing different setups/builds would be godlike.

3. Having some sort of simple visualization for aoe, range stuff would be pretty important too.

4. Expanded calculations. Phys./elem. reflect, life/mana leech - pretty important stuff. Getting simulation of how fast you kill yourself, how fast you run out of mana, what changes are enough to prevent these from happening.

5. Not having skill descriptions isn't big, but sometimes have to open wiki to check.

6. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but having some kind of benchmark for tankiness is a useful thing. Ideally you just pick any boss/mob and skill (like in poedb.tw) and get simulation of how much damage your character will receive.

7. Same could be said about dps. An option to calculate how many hits/casts/seconds you actually need to kill target. Also being able to add map mods, etc. For now only through testing and experience you can say if build is making sense. Simulation of simple situations should be very useful to decide how useful is your dps in real life situation.
Last edited by kamisama07 on Mar 17, 2017, 12:18:28 PM
Sorry if it's been asked, but any chance to have this work on Mac, "natively", without using bootcamp or wine.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
I love this tool so damn much.

I'd love to have a way to snapshot a current calculation of a build's stats so I could change out gear, tree, etc and have a side by side comparison. I know I can do that now by running two PoB open and alt-tab between them but that seems awkward. This would be kind of a build within a build i.e.

Cyclone w/ Devoto
Cyclone w/ Abyssus

or

Storm Call CI
Storm Call LL
Storm Call Inquisitor
Storm Call Elementalist

I am envisioning tabs on the calculation page you could click through to see how they all differ.

Anyway, just thought, keep up the amazing work.
I love this game but I'm not so sure about the people who play it.
For the poison dps box. Change poison dps and total to the same name but multiplied those by attacks/casts per second x chance to hit x chance to poison. Bingo you will have actual dps and total poison damage, instead of the current not reflective numbers.

[poison dps {total}] x [hits per sec] x [chance to hit] x [poison chance] = actual poison output.
Would be great if "Show node power" could be used to look at skills already spent as well.

Ie. after you finish grabbing every node you want, but want to cull the build down to 110pts as you've used too many nodes, identifying the power of spent nodes visually without having to hover over them would be great as well.
Where can you see your leech? From life and mana, their totals and such.
Hey Openarl.

Right now (in Path of Building) the totem duration modifiers do not apply to the duration of DoT damage applied by totems (checked for poison and bleed DoT). In the game poison applied through totems does inherit any increases (or decreases) to totem duration, this works the same way that the Berserker's ascendancy passive "War Bringer" works when poisons are applied by warcries (Abyssal Cry linked to poison support) and then get 100% increased duration to their duration modifier.

There's 56% totem duration on the tree which is significant for calculating the dps of poison ancestral warchief for example.

Last edited by Aleehuk on Mar 19, 2017, 10:43:59 AM
"
kamisama07 wrote:
1. Item section needs QoL improvements. If you don't remember every single item in the game, you have to cycle through a long list of items, while looking at messy statistics. Ideally there should be an option to select several statistics you are interested in and sort all items by these statistics.
So, sorting by DPS, for example? That's actually trickier than you might think, as it involves running a calculation pass with every unique in the database, which is actually quite slow to perform.
"
2. Item sets and skill sets, comparision screen. For now you have to manually change every single thing to compare two different setups, or use two different builds. Simple change would be to have skill/item sets which can be changed by clicking one button, to compare difference in setups for the same build. Having separate tab for comparing different setups/builds would be godlike.
It's on the TODO list, but it's somewhat difficult to do.
"
3. Having some sort of simple visualization for aoe, range stuff would be pretty important too.
Good suggestion. The program doesn't currently have the data for the radius of skills though, and I'm unsure if all that data is actually available.
"
4. Expanded calculations. Phys./elem. reflect, life/mana leech - pretty important stuff. Getting simulation of how fast you kill yourself, how fast you run out of mana, what changes are enough to prevent these from happening.
Calculating reflect involves adding calculations for modelling incoming damage, which isn't straightforward to do. Leech calculations are currently being worked on, but they also aren't straightforward.
"
5. Not having skill descriptions isn't big, but sometimes have to open wiki to check.
Hmm. I'll consider it.
"
6. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but having some kind of benchmark for tankiness is a useful thing. Ideally you just pick any boss/mob and skill (like in poedb.tw) and get simulation of how much damage your character will receive.
Effective HP calculations are on the TODO list, but again, incoming damage calculations are required.
"
7. Same could be said about dps. An option to calculate how many hits/casts/seconds you actually need to kill target. Also being able to add map mods, etc. For now only through testing and experience you can say if build is making sense. Simulation of simple situations should be very useful to decide how useful is your dps in real life situation.
Tricky. You can't really give an accurate idea of the build's "true" DPS under real world conditions without doing full combat simulation, and that's beyond the current scope of the program. It's really up to the user to use their knowledge and intuition to estimate how the build is likely to perform, given the program's output.

"
niuage wrote:
Sorry if it's been asked, but any chance to have this work on Mac, "natively", without using bootcamp or wine.
I do plan to have native Mac/Linux versions eventually, but I can't say when that's likely to happen.

"
tokyotapes wrote:
I'd love to have a way to snapshot a current calculation of a build's stats so I could change out gear, tree, etc and have a side by side comparison. I know I can do that now by running two PoB open and alt-tab between them but that seems awkward. This would be kind of a build within a build i.e.
I addressed this above, in answer to kamisama07's question #2.

"
Amarath wrote:
For the poison dps box. Change poison dps and total to the same name but multiplied those by attacks/casts per second x chance to hit x chance to poison. Bingo you will have actual dps and total poison damage, instead of the current not reflective numbers.
That calculation is already being performed; that's what's used to calculate "Total DPS inc. Poison"/"Average Damage inc. Poison". I suppose I can add it to the poison section in the Calcs tab though; as the derivation of that number isn't explained anywhere at present.

"
Obbu wrote:
Would be great if "Show node power" could be used to look at skills already spent as well.
This actually isn't so easy to do, due to the way the node power calculation is run. I'll look into it though.

"
rookie91 wrote:
Where can you see your leech? From life and mana, their totals and such.
I've been working on leech calculations for a while, but they're not quite ready yet; they're quite involved, and I need to be sure I'm modelling it correctly. It shouldn't be too much longer, though.

"
Aleehuk wrote:
Right now (in Path of Building) the totem duration modifiers do not apply to the duration of DoT damage applied by totems (checked for poison and bleed DoT). In the game poison applied through totems does inherit any increases (or decreases) to totem duration, this works the same way that the Berserker's ascendancy passive "War Bringer" works when poisons are applied by warcries (Abyssal Cry linked to poison support) and then get 100% increased duration to their duration modifier.

There's 56% totem duration on the tree which is significant for calculating the dps of poison ancestral warchief for example.
Are you sure totem duration applies to poison? Because I just tested it with a character that has 56% increased Totem Duration, and no other duration modifiers, and the poison caused by the totem was definitely only lasting 2 seconds.

By the way, the reason War Bringer applies to the poison duration is because it is an increase to skill effect duration that only applies to warcries; and since the poison is considered a skill effect of the warcry, it is affected. Totem Duration on the other hand, is not a skill effect duration modifier, but rather applies directly to the calculation of the totem's duration (that is, the lifetime of the totem itself). Thus it shouldn't, and AFAIK couldn't, apply to poison created by the totem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info