Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
Openarl wrote:

"
Boozler wrote:
I really like and appreciate all that you've done with this. I think a big part that is missing is showing true DPS from poison. It appears that poison DPS is essentially shown as what your DPS is from 1 application of poison whereas this is nowhere near the true value of your total poison DPS.
A combined DPS number that includes secondary DoTs such as poison is a feature that's been requested a few times. The problem is, while factoring in poison is often easy, bleed and ignite are nigh-impossible to handle without a full combat simulation. And even true poison DPS can only be calculated if the skill's DPS can also be calculated (ruling out traps, mines, and many active skills; also for many skills the DPS estimate isn't accurate either due to the skill mechanics, so the poison DPS will also be off).

While I could consider adding a poison DPS estimation for applicable skill types, a general solution that can also factor in bleed and ignite requires more detailed simulation of skills, which is a whole other kettle of fish.

I don't think it would be very difficult to add in poison when you already have chance to poison calculated and the damage an individual application does calculated. As soon as I have to step outside the program for calculating my best option its lost a lot of its value for me personally. I do appreciate everything you've built, but I think there'd be a ton of value added even if you can't do the other DoTs.
I cant change class, and some of the content is cut, i think is because of the resolution.. i use 1600x900... i already updated to 1.2.25

Amazing program, really appreciate the detail and comprehensiveness of the whole thing.
It makes planning out builds an enjoyable game in itself.

Thanks so much.

One feature I would appreciate if you have the time is a "peak ignite dps" calculation, eg the ignite damage of a crit or a max stack of flameblast (ideally with a toggle for crits, eg like the existing projectile and explosion toggles for fireball) and not just the ignite damage over a long period based on the average of multiple hits.

I know you have been asked for a "true dps" feature before and that would be rather complicated. But this could be a simpler option that would give a relevant number that can be compared between builds to give a feel of the true dps, without having to go to much extra trouble that a fully fledged true dps calculation would entail.

Nice Program thanks.
If you import a Character more than once, and the socketed gems change in between, the Skill Gems get added instead of overwrite existing ones, resulting in double entries in the Skill Tab (for example two or more entries for boots,body armor etc) which lead to wrong mana reserved calculations. If possible it would also be nice if you could improve the GUI, so that the Skill Gems, Links, and Armor are displayed in one place, like the POE Character Website does. Or is this not possible with Lua Code?
"
Boozler wrote:
I don't think it would be very difficult to add in poison when you already have chance to poison calculated and the damage an individual application does calculated. As soon as I have to step outside the program for calculating my best option its lost a lot of its value for me personally. I do appreciate everything you've built, but I think there'd be a ton of value added even if you can't do the other DoTs.
Ok. The next update will add a Total DPS inc. Poison or Average Hit inc. Poison total to the sidebar, depending on the skill type.

"
I cant change class, and some of the content is cut, i think is because of the resolution.. i use 1600x900... i already updated to 1.2.25
Can you post a screenshot of this? The UI is designed to scale down to resolutions as low as 1280x720, so your resolution isn't the issue.

"
Kazang wrote:
One feature I would appreciate if you have the time is a "peak ignite dps" calculation, eg the ignite damage of a crit or a max stack of flameblast (ideally with a toggle for crits, eg like the existing projectile and explosion toggles for fireball) and not just the ignite damage over a long period based on the average of multiple hits.
Is this really more useful or accurate than the current ignite DPS figure? You won't likely maintain "peak ignite" at all times, and how reliably you can do so will depend on numerous factors that will be build-dependant.

I am aware that the current figure can be inaccurate; in fact virtually all builds should see at least slightly more ignite DPS than shown, due to damage variance, but of course crit builds will see the biggest difference. Realistically, ignite builds will see a "true" average ignite DPS that is somewhere between the program's number, and the peak ignite DPS. But determining where in that range the true ignite DPS lies is dependant on too many factors to be calculable without sliding down the almighty rabbit-hole of combat simulation.

"
Phanti348 wrote:
If you import a Character more than once, and the socketed gems change in between, the Skill Gems get added instead of overwrite existing ones, resulting in double entries in the Skill Tab (for example two or more entries for boots,body armor etc) which lead to wrong mana reserved calculations. If possible it would also be nice if you could improve the GUI, so that the Skill Gems, Links, and Armor are displayed in one place, like the POE Character Website does. Or is this not possible with Lua Code?
Anything is possible, it just takes time ;).
There's two issues with displaying everything in one place:
1. The program doesn't require that socket groups be placed in an item (as it's an unnecessary hassle when planning builds),
2. It also allows multiple socket groups to be placed in one item (so you can switch between different gem setups without needing to edit the socket group).
So in order to allow those 2 cases, the socket groups and items have to be kept separate. The duplication that can occur when reimporting a character is something I'm aware of though, and it's something I'd like to improve, but it's not easy to handle the case where gems or links have been rearranged. I have considered adding an option to the item/skill import that would erase all existing skills (maybe items too).
are you sure that awatar of fire works ok? i think it doesn't block non-fire damage at final tooltip
first of all: Thanks for this really nice tool!
i wanted to chek how would my dps be with punishment Blasphemy but Path of Building says "Punishment is unsupported"
does this mean it can't calculate Punishment or am i doing something wrong?
"
are you sure that awatar of fire works ok? i think it doesn't block non-fire damage at final tooltip
As far as I can tell it's working fine. It disables all non-fire damage in every setup I've tried it with.

"
Remedin wrote:
first of all: Thanks for this really nice tool!
i wanted to chek how would my dps be with punishment Blasphemy but Path of Building says "Punishment is unsupported"
does this mean it can't calculate Punishment or am i doing something wrong?
I haven't added support for Punishment yet. Partly because few people ever use it, but also because it's a bit of a pain to handle (being a curse that applies a buff to the player).
"
Openarl wrote:
I haven't added support for Punishment yet. Partly because few people ever use it, but also because it's a bit of a pain to handle (being a curse that applies a buff to the player).

Thanks for your fast replay
good to know it wasn't me doin anything wrong :D

suggestion:
you could add a checkbox in the Configurations tab like "Buff from Punishment" and "level of punishment"
so you assume this buff is always active (could be easier to calculate)
I've been getting constant "failed to retrieve character data" for 2 days now. tried reinstalling the program but still the same. Is this for me only and if so what can I do?

Edit: Never mind, i had a big character when importing, didnt think of it since it found the account.

thanks for an amazing program!
Last edited by blubaer on Dec 14, 2016, 7:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info