Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Would it be possible to add another figure to the passive tree math? To help break down path/node efficiency.

Average Value per node?

Example:

allocating this node will give you:
+20 average hit.
+200dps

"allocating this node and all nodes leading to it will give you:
+50 average hit
+450dps

2points to node.
Average value per node:
+25 average hit
+225 dps.
"
viperesque wrote:
I thought about it myself - how about this? Assume that releasing and pressing again takes 1 attack time (not perfect but close), so an entire build up and release is 7 attack times. Over that time the percentage of base damage dealt is 100 + 120 + 140 + 160 + 180 + 200 + (200 * 6), the last term being the release. So that actually comes out neatly to 2100% of base damage over 7 attack times. Guess I can do that myself but would be cool to have built in too.
Hmm. So it's approximately a 3x DPS multiplier on stage 1 DPS. Of course the "approximately" bit annoys me a little, but I suppose in this case it would be pretty accurate. I'll add a new skill part for "Release at 6 Stages" with a 3x multiplier.

"
Calessa wrote:
The Unique Belt Perseverance is missing. It seems like it should be a relatively easy unique to implement - is there something holding it up, or is it just an oversight?
It's in the next update, along with a bunch of other new uniques.

"
Sitnave wrote:
Would you be able to add the information to the Skills pane while hovering skill name or skill description about what does this skill do and what quality gives to that gem? Or even for Support gems only? Like:
Easier said than done. The program doesn't currently have the necessary information to display the skill's modifiers in the same way the game does. It may be possible to display them in the format used in the Calcs tab, though.

"
Casia wrote:
Would it be possible to add another figure to the passive tree math? To help break down path/node efficiency.
Average Value per node?
That's a really good suggestion. I'll see if I can find the time to do this; it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Openarl wrote:

"
viperesque wrote:
Would it be possible to do a "real" DPS estimate for Flurry? Assume that you build up to 6 stacks, release and start again?

Possibly. I'd need to figure out how to calculate that. But it does rather fall under "more accurate skill simulation", which is in the "would be nice, but need to time to work on it" category.

I thought about it myself - how about this? Assume that releasing and pressing again takes 1 attack time (not perfect but close), so an entire build up and release is 7 attack times. Over that time the percentage of base damage dealt is 100 + 120 + 140 + 160 + 180 + 200 + (200 * 6), the last term being the release. So that actually comes out neatly to 2100% of base damage over 7 attack times. Guess I can do that myself but would be cool to have built in too.

I was using this and trying to figure out Blade Flurry actual DPS myself.

I think the way it would work is as follows:

X is your 'average hit' from the ingame tooltip. Currently in this application your '1 stage' attack calculation includes the 20% more from having 1 stage of Blade Flurry buff, which I think is not how it works. Anyway:

First hit is X
Second is 1.2X, etc
When you release at 6 Stacks, that 2.2X * 6

All told this means a full 'stack to 6 and release' =

X + 1.2X + 1.4X + 1.6X + 1.8X + 2X + (2.2X * 6) which = 22.2X

If you take 22.2X and divide it by the time to reach 6 stacks (6 divided by your attacks per second), you can get your theoretical total DPS output for ideal channeling behavior. You could make it 7/APS if you wanted to assume the 'release' took up the space of an attack. I'm not certain of how the animations actually play out.

If, for instance, your tooltip is 4k and you get 5APS, you would have:

4*22.2 / (6/5) = 74,000 dps or 4*22.2 / (7/5) = 63,400 dps

I'm not sure about accounting for poisons or bleeds. I don't know if it's accurate to base it on that total DPS value, or if you need to have it factor in the fluctuating values of each hit. For bleeds you probably do, since the highest damage bleed is what will actually apply, and with Assassin Ascendancy that can be further multiplied if your target is maimed.

Last edited by InquisitorKaede on Dec 9, 2016, 2:06:31 PM
Hey man, loving the program! It's really really great for theorycrafting, and I always make sure to credit you any time I post a build or tree.

Just one issue I have with Tornado shot and the DPS calculation:

The main sidebar on the left seems to calculate "Average hit" from the initial tornado shot projectile, which has 100% chance to pierce. But the "Calcs" page seems to calculate the subprojectile damage, which doesn't have a guaranteed chance to pierce.

Jumping from 60% pierce to 100% with Drillneck and Powerful Precision, the Deadeye passive, doesn't affect the Damage per hit shown on the main panel, but it does affect the damage in the "Calcs" page.

Here's a link to a pastebin with my build if you want to take a look at yourself. You can switch between the 2 Drillnecks I have (one manually edited to have 40% extra pierce chance, bringing the build to 100%) to see the difference.

http://pastebin.com/EjgJfaRR

Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems a bit odd to me. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong!

As a side note, the calculator also doesn't calculate Far Shot damage bonus, or Powerful Precision pierce bonus at close range (Both Deadeye passives), but those would be nearly impossible to code in, so no problem there.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the amazing tool!
Why isn't it calculating ingite damage of Vortex even if i add chance to ignite gem?
For some reason last night the program wouldn't show itself anymore. It shows that it's open on the task bar, and it even shows an image of it when I alt tab, but when I select it, it's nowhere on either of my screens. I even restarted my computer and tried to open the program, and again, it shows it open on the task bar, but no screen anywhere to be seen.

*edit* Ended up deleting the folder, and doing a reinstall and that seems to have fixed it for the time being. Not sure why it got to the point it was at before.

Some possible relevant information:

- 2 monitors (extended display between the two)
- Windows 10
- Anything else you might want to know just ask.
Last edited by Ryanz_OMFG on Dec 9, 2016, 11:00:31 PM
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
The main sidebar on the left seems to calculate "Average hit" from the initial tornado shot projectile, which has 100% chance to pierce. But the "Calcs" page seems to calculate the subprojectile damage, which doesn't have a guaranteed chance to pierce.
Both sidebar and Calcs tab calculate the subprojectile damage. The discrepancy in this case is actually down to Powerful Precision. The program implements the pierce bonus as a flat 50% chance (for lack of a better way of handling it). Importantly, that pierce chance only applies in Effective DPS mode, since it changes your effective pierce chance, not your tooltip chance.
"
As a side note, the calculator also doesn't calculate Far Shot damage bonus, or Powerful Precision pierce bonus at close range (Both Deadeye passives), but those would be nearly impossible to code in, so no problem there.
Adding support for Far Shot/Point Blank, and proper support for Powerful Precision, has been on my TODO list for a few weeks. The only real solution is a distance-to-enemy input, and I'm not too thrilled about having to add one, but I don't think I'm going to be able to avoid it.

"
hungrymole wrote:
Why isn't it calculating ingite damage of Vortex even if I add chance to ignite gem?
Is the Vortex actually capable of igniting? Unless the damage is converted to fire, or unless you use Hrimburn/Three Dragons, it won't be able to ignite. Using Elemental Focus will also prevent ignites.

"
Ryanz_OMFG wrote:
For some reason last night the program wouldn't show itself anymore. It shows that it's open on the task bar, and it even shows an image of it when I alt tab, but when I select it, it's nowhere on either of my screens. I even restarted my computer and tried to open the program, and again, it shows it open on the task bar, but no screen anywhere to be seen.
There was a bug which I fixed in 1.2.21 that would cause this issue. Were you running the latest version?
Your armor formula still calculates the armor from the chest piece when wearing a bringer of rain. When it shouldn't/
I really like and appreciate all that you've done with this. I think a big part that is missing is showing true DPS from poison. It appears that poison DPS is essentially shown as what your DPS is from 1 application of poison whereas this is nowhere near the true value of your total poison DPS.

I don't think this would be very difficult to roll into what you have especially factoring in how you have % chance to poison already calculated.

If there's anyway I can help with this let me know because I'd love to get this without having to go back to my own excel.
Hey Openarl, thanks for adding the new discovered uniques.
Unfortunately for the moment it seems that the nightmare jewels do not give the bonuses they are supposed to give.
I suspect you did not had the time to code it. Just mentionning it :)
Last edited by Melpheos on Dec 10, 2016, 4:30:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info