Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Thanks for responding Openarl.

Weapons are not impacted by this "automatic 20% Quality" feature. I'm not sure why Armour is so radically different? It would make sense if both were this way, not just one.

"
Openarl wrote:
"
Nibelton wrote:
is there any plans for level by level passive planer ?
like on what level pick what
That's one of the features I'm likely to add once I get around to doing a pass on the Tree tab, but it may be a while before I do that.

"
Phanti348 wrote:
Hi, I have a little feature request. I got inspired by many different public Top Ladder Builds.
I imported some of them and manual updated them. It would be nice, if this update process could be automated with a single button press for all characters. The needed information like Account and Character Name could be written to the .xml Build File the first time the Character is imported and the Build File is saved.
Saving account/character names in the build XML file is something I'm explicitly avoiding doing, so adding a feature like that would require a more technically complex solution. It is on my TODO list already though, but I may not get around to it for a while.

"
Mr_Shane wrote:
Anybody else out there with my problem? All armours, even those copy and pasted from the game, default to 20% quality. This is not good for early game calculations. How can this be changed? If this is the standard behavior of the program, I'm shocked others haven't mentioned this.
The program is primarily designed for creating and optimising endgame builds, for which quality normalisation is a useful feature. Specific support for lower level characters is mostly lacking at the moment, and that probably won't change for a while at least.

"
Fyndel wrote:
Openarl u forgot to change the Legacy vinktar flask to apply to life leech and mana for me it shows my life leech/on hit rate is only 1415 while it should be 1m+ ( i put a 2nd vinktar in there to show the diffrence https://pastebin.com/G6shKhMg
Aye, I thought I'd updated that fully, but I forgot to add support for the new wording of the instant leech modifier. It'll be fixed in the next update.

"
Illsonmedia wrote:
I don't believe you've incorporated the "Best DPS gem" to apply to certain unique-specific items, such asAbberath's Hooves. I put support gems in "boots", activate "show spa gems" and activate on the left, the boot's skill as the active skill. Yet it still says things like "Anger" is a good gem for one of the four sockets...
That's a known technical limitation; since the active skill in question isn't in the socket group that contains the supports, it can't be checked for compatibility with the support gems, and the DPS sorting cannot be performed. It's something I intend to fix eventually, but I don't have time at the moment.

"
PsychoMinion wrote:
I dont think the % increased damage while leeching is applying to effective DPS. As a Slayer it has a very high uptime with endless hunger.

I currently have 106434 dps with it on, removing it results in a 1476 dps loss which seems really low as my Carnage Heart is 40% increased damage.
Do you have the "Are you Leeching?" option set in the Configuration tab?
Uul-Netols Embrace needs to be fixed from 100% down to 25% for chance to inflict bleeding against cursed enemies.
I have two identical builds giving different DPS values, one I imported from other player and the other I've made myself:

https://pastebin.com/LjJmEDjn
https://pastebin.com/vRsHbKNh
"
Negiva wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place or not but it's related to Path of Building somewhat.

Does Iron Grip benefit Molten Strike projectiles at it's full amount? I have read that it only works on the physical portion of the projectile part, but if I use Path of Building and put a point into it, it seems to apply to all of it.

My understanding is also that if you use Molten Strike and Avatar of Fire, since the projectiles essentially become 100% fire damage, that Iron Grip would not work on it anymore but this is not the case in Path of Building.

Is my understanding of how Iron Grip works wrong or is this just a Path of Building problem? Thanks for your time.
Converted damage is affected by modifiers that apply to the original damage type, as well as the damage type being converted to. So Iron Grip will apply to the portion of the fire damage that was converted from physical, but not to any added flat elemental damage.

"
ILIAS wrote:
Is there somewhere an EHP stat shown in your planner?
Many of the calculations relating to EHP are shown in the Calcs tab, in the Damage Taken and Other Defences sections; but the program doesn't produce a combined EHP number at the moment (partially because I don't think such numbers are reliable).

"
Percles wrote:
Thank you for this fine piece of work. Best planner I've seen!

But, one problem...
I use windows 10 pro (Insider-Preview) and have 3 monitors with different resolutions and rating. Because of my problems with eyes I've set the system scaling in windows 10 to 133%.
With this, there is a problem on the "Calcs tab". The calcs don't fit in the window (monitor 1600x1200 - 4:3 - 133% system scaling) and there is no horizontal slidebar. So, I can't see all the calcs. Can you add a horizontal slidebar?

But all other things work just fine!
By how much is the Calcs tab cut off? Window sizes that are low enough to cut off part of the Calcs tab usually cause problems in the other tabs as well, as the UI isn't designed to scale below 1280 horizontal resolution.

"
Mr_Shane wrote:
Thanks for responding Openarl.

Weapons are not impacted by this "automatic 20% Quality" feature. I'm not sure why Armour is so radically different? It would make sense if both were this way, not just one.
Weapons are definitely normalised as well; I just checked with several different weapons. Note that importing items using the character import feature doesn't normalise the quality, so you should be using that if you're just importing items that your character is using.

"
Frenzir wrote:
I have two identical builds giving different DPS values, one I imported from other player and the other I've made myself:

They aren't quite identical; Wither is set to 20 stacks in one build, and 1 stack in the other.
Most minor of bugs, Ungil's Harmony Unique amulet uses an old version for it's Critical Strike Multiplier reduction value from pre-patch 2.6 of -50%, it's currently -25% as of 2.6.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ungil%27s_Harmony

Thanks for your great work, I really enjoy this aspect of Path of Exile the most and a tool to save me grinding characters to 50-60 before realizing they will never work saves me tonnes of time.

Edit: Aaand just remembered you have patreon. Well my money is where my mouth is now, even if a small pledge.
Last edited by Alfabetica on Aug 16, 2017, 5:35:25 AM
Hey you added a "Sort gems by DPS" option in the Skills pane, would it also be possible to add a "Sort items by DPS" (by Average damage or Total DPS) in the Items pane? Especially for the uniques.
"
Openarl wrote:

"
Frenzir wrote:

They aren't quite identical; Wither is set to 20 stacks in one build, and 1 stack in the other.

Thanks and sorry about that!
Btw I've seen you did DP build too, such strong skill. Did you enjoy it?
Last edited by Frenzir on Aug 17, 2017, 7:20:58 PM
Mortem Mosu, Freight Claw is giving my trap setup a 60% chance to poison. It does not work in game.

My trap setup is the following:
Deerstalker, Deerskin Boots (11 Trap Support)
Bladefall
Trap & Mine Damage Support
Decay Support
Swift Affliction Support
Hey, first of all than you for creating this wonderful tool!
I've been trying to make a firenova mine build, but the calculator doesn't seem to work well with this skill.
It seems to only register the first hit (not the repeats) and doesn't properly work with minefield either, am I doing something wrong? or has it just not been implemented yet?
IGN: IronLionScion_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info