"We buffed melee" lol

Remember, this is a buff.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
though some good points are raised by ceryneian, i do want to point out that if you squeeze it, you can overcap block without rumis or bringer of rain even after the acrobatics penalty.

there's also this reddit post that gives me the smallest flickering ember of hope for the future of melee, but as it stands melee that isnt discharge is largely in the same position it was in prophecy (even post-nerf, earthquake is still stupidly good in comparison to nearly every other melee skill)
Last edited by AndIMustMask on Aug 31, 2016, 3:52:56 AM
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
though some good points are raised by ceryneian, i do want to point out that if you squeeze it, you can overcap block without rumis or bringer of rain even after the acrobatics penalty.

Sounds like an exploit to me, if there is such possibility.
Also I don't know all the ascendancies and everything but still .... but reaching the equivalent of 107% block chance without rumis and bringer ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 31, 2016, 3:52:08 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
AndIMustMask wrote:

Sounds like an exploit to me, if there is such possibility.
Also I don't know all the ascendancies and everything but still .... but reaching the equivalent of 107% block chance without rumis and bringer ....

even with a poorly-optimized tree like this (basically all the block on the south/east side of the passive tree alongside health, evasion, and acrobatics) as a gladiator, or with some finagling *gasp* a scion, you can get:

12% block while dual wield or with shield
23% block with shield (just these two make a 5% effective block after acrobatics penalty)
8% if hit recently
3% tempest shield
12% gems (3x reckless defense with max rolls)
2% gloves (haku)
15% main hand (advancing fortress)
8% amulet (the anvil, additional +3 max block)
26% base (mirrored spiked shield)
6% shield suffix

this puts you at what? 85 percent block chance (which is then hardcapped at 78% after anvil), 100% of which is also spellblock.
before a rumis, bringer of rain, or even a block corruption on your amulet (because a block corrupted anvil would be disgustingly expensive) come into the picture.

there's some wiggle room since:
-block chance can fluctuate a few percent depending on shield base you choose (i went with mirrored spiked shield for the evasion and extra effective hp--even halved from acrobatics),
-you can move around some points for more gem slots for additional reckless defense jewels,
-you can corrupt an anvil for block if you have the currency,
-and you can swap the advancing fortress for a rumi's if claws aren't your thing (swords are recommended due to the slashing comeback wheel), since it is admittedly very a lackluster weapon.

the only real 'required' pieces of gear are an anvil amulet, rare gloves, a rare shield (or pretty much any unique with additional blockchance--aegis aurora, rise of the pheonix, daresso's courage, lioneye's remorse are all highly sought after for various reasons), and either an advancing fortress or a rumi's concoction.

use the chest slot for a hyrri's ire or daresso's for dodge stacking on top of acrobatics, or that fancy new 4000 armor/no extra crit damage taken brass dome (completely nullifying the penalty from reckless defense gems!)

sky's the limit, really.

EDIT: several edits for clarity/better presentation/more options.
Last edited by AndIMustMask on Aug 31, 2016, 4:51:30 AM
"
this is a buff
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒇𝒇
"
toyotatundra wrote:
5% dmg for every shitty melee skill no one plays
Monster life has been increased

hahaha

^ This plus the nerf to Voidhearth and EQ - I really feel for all the poor guys still trying to play a melee char!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
The lvl of incompetence of the balance team is op. plz nerf.
"
plodd wrote:
The lvl of incompetence of the balance team is op. plz nerf.

Yeah, because you meme spamming lot are competent.

Homework for you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/50fifx/this_is_hilarious/d73n3vx
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
I have come to realise that the people asking for nerfs and the dinosaur complaining about nerfs are different groups of players. Quite some time ago, actually.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info