"We buffed melee" lol

5% dmg for every shitty melee skill no one plays
Monster life has been increased

hahaha
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2016, 5:05:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sigh.

Yup. Waiting 2 years for the "melee rework" and this is what we get.

I learned to stop getting my hopes up about this game, so I wasn't expecting much. Yet still I'm surprised that this was GGG's balancing team's best effort to fix melee.

- Melee splash is not really a damage problem, buffing the damage is nice. But it's an AOE problem at heart. It needs more AOE. Period.

- Glacial Hammer, Double Strike, etc. buffs are nice - but again they don't solve the issue. Because melee gems like these are tied to Melee Splash.

It's simple: no one will play Glacial Hammer when there is Ice Crash, and no one will play Ice Crash when there is EQ. Why am I penalizing myself with Glacial Hammer and needing to add a Melee Splash support when I can just play the other skills with in-built AOE and great damage, for both single target and packs, easy targeting, and in-built pussified "hit-and-run" mechanic which we need these days because it's fucking dangerous standing in enemy faces?

I'm not going to play Double Strike dagger when I can play Reave with in-built AOE and longer range, WITH easy targeting! I am sacrificing a support gem slot to use Melee Splash on Double Strike, with Reave I can use a high damage support gem instead of Melee Splash, and not force myself to play in enemy faces and eat their fucking damage.

And what about melee survivability?
- Volatile blood is still in this game
- Acro penalty on block still in this game.

What I found interesting is the buff to Lightning Strike. Look I love LS - but IT DID NOT NEED ANOTHER BUFF. Giving it more damage just makes the projectiles do more damage. If GGG was following what players are doing they would realize that as soon as they gave the skill 7 fucking projectiles - no one will play LS as a melee skill. So why is it part of the melee buffs?

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 31, 2016, 2:37:28 AM
Honestly whoever is in charge of the balancing has no clue what the fuck they are doing.

Straight up.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yea, the problem of most unused melee skills is not damage, but the mechanic. Having to namelock monsters makes it a clunky gameplay compared to caster / ranged. That's why skills like Cyclone, EQ, Lacerate... are fun - no need to click on mobs.

Just some % buffs to damage wont magically make melee catch up with other playstyles.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 31, 2016, 2:36:59 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

- Melee splash is not really a damage problem, buffing the damage is nice. But it's an AOE problem at heart. It needs more AOE. Period.

- Glacial Hammer, Double Strike, etc. buffs are nice - but again they don't solve the issue. Because melee gems like these are tied to Melee Splash.

Melee splash has, literally, a mod that says "mode AoE". :D Sorry, had to make this joke. :P
Yeah, they are tied to Melee Splash, which got buffed. :) Honestly, I'd first try them out before giving a verdict. Not that I expect a great change, but there is some hope in those changes.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

Melee splash has, literally, a mod that says "mode AoE". :D Sorry, had to make this joke. :P
Yeah, they are tied to Melee Splash, which got buffed. :) Honestly, I'd first try them out before giving a verdict. Not that I expect a great change, but there is some hope in those changes.

Bro, I'll definitely give them a shot mostly because I am a melee player at heart. But honestly would you go through the headache of using Melee Splash and trying to spend points / gems to get a decent AOE?

Let's not forget the targeting is much more frustrating, and you are putting yourself at higher risk BECAUSE your AOE is so small.

At the end of the day, most people will just say fuck it and go back to the EQ / LS / Reave / Lacerate "melee" club.

Yes, this is terrible beyond believe.

They indeed nerfed best melee skill - EQ and add so miniscule buff to other melee skills that it's not even funny...
"
Honestly whoever is in charge of the balancing has no clue what the fuck they are doing.

Straight up.
If it was my job, what I'd want to do is throw the entire game out and start over. If melee balance is the goal, things are that far off. It's basically unworkable.

Then someone in the company would tell me that I can't, and I'd end up putting out roughly the same patch notes. Different, sure, but in terms of real impact...

Melee sucks in PoE. Learn it, never forget it, get used to it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"

Straight up.

+ 1
melee rework is comming in patch 3.0.0 !

for now lets enjoy the slight damage buff and a a death of eq builds :)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info