"We buffed melee" lol

Guys be realistic - the damage to melee is done because other skills can pretty much oneshot whole screen, there are no actual classes are in game(so can't give class restricted bonuses, they tried with fortify and it does work somewhat), since balance of game oneshotfest both for us against creeps and creeps against us, melee is just never going to compare.

Only if they remove all the screen clearing things will it be competitive, or if they balance the game to such an extend(which is pretty much impossible with build/gear power disparity), that aoe skills take multiple applications to clear packs, in which time melee could one-shot them all, will it make sense.

Add full screen melee splash? that would be lame

Remove all the power that people love? Ruin game

Increasing melee damage and giving melee more surviveability are pretty much the most reasonable things they can do - to give them a niche.

They could also add new mobile melee skills, but they don't just wanna forget about their old and leave them to rot. The best thing they could ever do is making sure melee playstyle works - that is is viable, but making it competitive for classic melee(actual melee not full range melee tagged skills) is going to take them to break many of the coolest aspects of the game and the builds people love to play.

Just live with it, if melee is not viable then make posts as to why so they can make it so, but making it truly competitive is never going to work. Maybe increasing melee splash range would be a help, but it will only go so far.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
morbo wrote:
Yea, the problem of most unused melee skills is not damage, but the mechanic. Having to namelock monsters makes it a clunky gameplay compared to caster / ranged. That's why skills like Cyclone, EQ, Lacerate... are fun - no need to click on mobs.

Indeed.
as long as Melee Splash works with SRS without a specific penalty(just for SRS) the AOE cannot be buffed, it's already too good.. and yes i'm loving it.. but if that specific penalty must happen for saving some melee skills i'm totally fine with it.
d:-D*
It almost feels to me that the two guys on GGG's 2-man balance team have been playing bows/spells for 4 years and don't even understand melee.

That's how it feels to me.

If ANYONE was fucking playing melee at GGG at a high-level we would not have this bullshit persisting in this game for so long.

Why the fuck are all the insane one-shot boss skills in this game 100% aimed at melee players?

The really funny thing is that GGG probably thought they were done with balancing melee. It's only once they saw all the posts on forums and reddit - that's when they realized their "melee rework" was basically useless.

Over the past several months I kept reading GGG staff posting about "melee rework coming", "melee rework coming".

Now here they go saying "we are not done" with the melee changes.

Bullshit. That's what you call PR damage control.

How many years is this going to take to make melee balance man! This ain't fucking rocket science. If you can't even get basic shit right in your big melee-rework-hype patch ... then fuck me.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Just live with it, if melee is not viable then make posts as to why so they can make it so, but making it truly competitive is never going to work. Maybe increasing melee splash range would be a help, but it will only go so far.

We've done that - there must be hundreds of threads discussing melee changes. All with ZERO GGG feedback/acknowledgement.

Take Volatile Blood for example. This is how I know that no one at GGG is playing melee at a high-level because this mechanic is plain retarded and still in this game.

Someone please tell me how it makes sense to have 8K+ explosion damage from non-boss mobs in melee players' faces which cannot be avoided by any means.

We have been complaining about Volatile Blood since 2013. Talk to someone who has been playing ranged in PoE - they won't even know volatile blood exists in this game.

Instead of giving melee players totems and useless shitt, just remove Volatile Blood. Why is this so hard?

Completely agree Ceryneian. They were also super confident patch 2.0.0 would alleviate melee concerns.

Fortify was nerfed before it went live AND monster damage got a significant buff at the same time. LUL

It was mentioned in another thread that melee active skill gems are one of the few viable places to buff melee, and I agree. I have thought Fortify was a failure from the start. If it was really meant to "fix" melee that shit needs to be implicit.

As a melee all my utility slots (flasks/gems) are just to fucking survive. As ranged, all my utility is for moar WIN.

GGG actually need to do some fucking analysis.

EQ nerf is a bit of a joke too. I played EQ in Prophecy and it was utterly mediocre.
Better nerf Slayer as well, anything that is propping up melee is obviously broken.

This might sound salty but I think a bit of extremity and hyperbole are needed for GGG to wake the fuck up to these issues.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Sep 1, 2016, 5:06:24 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
It almost feels to me that the two guys on GGG's 2-man balance team have been playing bows/spells for 4 years and don't even understand melee.

That's how it feels to me.

If ANYONE was fucking playing melee at GGG at a high-level we would not have this bullshit persisting in this game for so long.

Why the fuck are all the insane one-shot boss skills in this game 100% aimed at melee players?

The really funny thing is that GGG probably thought they were done with balancing melee. It's only once they saw all the posts on forums and reddit - that's when they realized their "melee rework" was basically useless.

Over the past several months I kept reading GGG staff posting about "melee rework coming", "melee rework coming".

Now here they go saying "we are not done" with the melee changes.

Bullshit. That's what you call PR damage control.

How many years is this going to take to make melee balance man! This ain't fucking rocket science. If you can't even get basic shit right in your big melee-rework-hype patch ... then fuck me.

"
Crackmonster wrote:

We've done that - there must be hundreds of threads discussing melee changes. All with ZERO GGG feedback/acknowledgement.

Take Volatile Blood for example. This is how I know that no one at GGG is playing melee at a high-level because this mechanic is plain retarded and still in this game.

Someone please tell me how it makes sense to have 8K+ explosion damage from non-boss mobs in melee players' faces which cannot be avoided by any means.

We have been complaining about Volatile Blood since 2013. Talk to someone who has been playing ranged in PoE - they won't even know volatile blood exists in this game.

Instead of giving melee players totems and useless shitt, just remove Volatile Blood. Why is this so hard?

Glad people are finally catching on to this.

And yeah, they are completely disconnected with the state of melee atm. Chris playing that shitty Cyclone build when showcasing the Minotaur fight was really all I needed to see LOL
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
just check their promo videos: they showcase ranged gods that melt everything and.. whack-a-mole dudes that almost die to white packs

you cannot expect them to understand A if they do not even play A. buff to reave..?!? this is yet another 'hey lets add more damage to pierce!' moment
^I got a giggle out of the reave buff.

Yes, totally underused skill, not like everybody and his melee mother was playing it for 2 league's straight and then finally changed to EQ when they had something that could compete with it in terms of clear-speed.

/statistic show reave is not used a lot

Might have had a tiny thing to do with people being bored to death with the skill, rather then it's usability.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
sidtherat wrote:
just check their promo videos: they showcase ranged gods that melt everything and.. whack-a-mole dudes that almost die to white packs

you cannot expect them to understand A if they do not even play A. buff to reave..?!? this is yet another 'hey lets add more damage to pierce!' moment

Buff to Reave just blows my mind.

Don't forget Lightning Strike. I love LS, but I can't think of any reason why a skill with 7 fucking projectiles which everyone is playing as ranged with insane clear speed needs a damage buff.

LS doesn't need any buffs. Heck, remove the tiny buff and give it to Dual Strike. At least Dual Strike will have a small buff. Why does a proper melee skill like Dual Strike get ZERO help, while Reave and LS get buffs?

Then I read Dominating Blow 6% damage buff (#$%^&!!!) and I nearly lost my mind.

Increase the duration of the minions FFS, NOT the skill's damage! Dom Blow doesn't care about 6% more attack damage. It died because you ***** cut the duration from 30+ seconds to 20 seconds - HOLY SHIT are we even playing the same game.

I'm still struggling to believe that this is PoE's "melee rework" done by adult professionals in the gaming industry.

No way that this is real. It's some kind of GGG summer project done by a 12 year old intern at the office. Has to be.

Meanwhile, it's nice to know that the rest of the QA team is putting quality time into their "crazy Mjolner" builds.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 1, 2016, 4:56:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info