This is stupid balancing

"
Perq wrote:
Problem starts when new players, who had no chance to get them, are asked 200 exalts to get them, on Standard.

I had many builds completely ruined by balance changes. Not that I play Standard a lot, but builds being broken and born again is consequence of not only items changes (rares and uniques a like - or even gems being removed) but also simple balance changes. Game changing as dynamically as PoE cannot avoid ruining builds from time to time. :V

Hell, the most exalts I ever hoarded has been around 40ish (at the moment I got none), just thinking about hoarding 100 exalts is a pipe dream and I been playing in permanent standard since open beta began. The only reason I have no chance is because I keep making new builds (30+ chars) or making slight upgrades which are not cheap to my view. I am satisfied where I am at with so many difference build styles.

I too had faced many balance changes that made most of my builds suffer, but some of these changes has led to becoming a precursor to even bigger buffs in the future (as in I never expected them to get this strong than they originally were).
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 31, 2016, 2:01:49 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Problem starts when new players, who had no chance to get them, are asked 200 exalts to get them, on Standard.

I had many builds completely ruined by balance changes. Not that I play Standard a lot, but builds being broken and born again is consequence of not only items changes (rares and uniques a like - or even gems being removed) but also simple balance changes. Game changing as dynamically as PoE cannot avoid ruining builds from time to time. :V

Hell, the most exalts I ever hoarded has been around 40ish (at the moment I got none), just thinking about hoarding 100 exalts is a pipe dream and I been playing in permanent standard since open beta began. The only reason I have no chance is because I keep making new builds (30+ chars) or making slight upgrades which are not cheap to my view. I am satisfied where I am at with so many difference build styles.

I too had faced many balance changes that made most of my builds suffer, but some of these changes has led to becoming a precursor to even bigger buffs in the future (as in I never expected them to get this strong than they originally were).

Yeah, and tell me how fair it is that I have this:

... and all I had to do to get it was killing Council ONCE. In my mind, it is not fair at all. :V (Reach costs 10ex on Standard now, but I fully expect its price to sky-rocket when people realize the changes are coming. Easily 40EX+)

Yeah, there are league-only uniques, too. IMO they should always be obtainable from Zana map's. Make it much harder, so it is still expensive stuff (so people from leagues get SOMETHING), but don't make those items absolutely impossible to get.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
I had many builds completely ruined by balance changes. Not that I play Standard a lot

You know the balance's before you gear your char while playing leagues, its your fault in leagues for a bad build, standard gets bent over.

Thats very impressive JohnNamikaze, the better you get the more mats you have, the more alts you have the more your tempted to spend the mats. 40ex is really good considering you like the alts and still have that many ex's.
Last edited by Chadwixx on Aug 31, 2016, 2:17:53 AM
"
Perq wrote:

... and all I had to do to get it was killing Council ONCE. In my mind, it is not fair at all. :V (Reach costs 10ex on Standard now, but I fully expect its price to sky-rocket when people realize the changes are coming. Easily 40EX+)

Yeah, there are league-only uniques, too. IMO they should always be obtainable from Zana map's. Make it much harder, so it is still expensive stuff (so people from leagues get SOMETHING), but don't make those items absolutely impossible to get.

Cool, you have legacy Reach and I do not have one, but that will not deter me from enjoying the game. Yes, it is really sad that I will never get my hands on one, but I can still make do with the non-legacy version.

Spoiler
I already have a build in mind that will do really well with non-legacy reach. At least the retroactive nerf did not occur, otherwise I would had thrown out the idea. Damage nerf is not so bad, I can get around it without too much issues.

"
Chadwixx wrote:

Thats very impressive JohnNamikaze, the better you get the more mats you have, the more alts you have the more your tempted to spend the mats. 40ex is really good considering you like the alts and still have that many ex's.

Yup, but now I got no exalts, so I am very poor in the standards of someone who has been playing for a long time. The only difference between a new player and I is that I got an army of playable alts and game knowledge to make an effective build while being very efficient in my purchases for great gears at low prices.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 31, 2016, 2:23:35 AM
This is not cool! :D Dominusdamnit!

While it does not deters (new word learned for me, lol) you from enjoying the game, many people feel bad about this, and I can absolutely understand why.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Cool, you have legacy Reach and I do not have one, but that will not deter me from enjoying the game. Yes, it is really sad that I will never get my hands on one, but I can still make do with the non-legacy version.

Spoiler
I already have a build in mind that will do really well with non-legacy reach. At least the retroactive nerf did not occur, otherwise I would had thrown out the idea. Damage nerf is not so bad, I can get around it without too much issues.

"
Chadwixx wrote:

Yup, but now I got no exalts, so I am very poor in the standards of someone who has been playing for a long time. The only difference between a new player and I is that I got an army of playable alts.

Making the currency is just as fun as spending it, at least ive found. Its fun to be poor when you can kill fast, picking up stuff again instead of flasking on
Time to use
I guess !

But it's not like the "new" RotC will not be powerful or anything, it will still have a free GMP with no less modifier, with a correct dps.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Perq wrote:

While it does not deters (new word learned for me, lol) you from enjoying the game, many people feel bad about this, and I can absolutely understand why.

The idea of playing in something that is permanent but then have another not be permanent while in permanent setting is very contradictory. It would be like no item will ever be safe which will feel like a temp league, and you know how GGG balances items and all every major patch. I know I am not suppose to feel any attachment to pixels, but it is my only "form" of proof to my effort in playing this game. Temp league already has that by achievement be it from MTX rewards, totem decorations, and number of challenges completed.......but what does permanent player have to show proof of their effort?

Edit: There are exceptions like with retroactive nerf and that is something I can tolerate to a good extent. I already dealing with it via passive tree, ascendancy tree, and gem balances.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 31, 2016, 2:32:36 AM
Level 100 characters, for the most part. Other than that... dunno. Feel for ya, but at the same time, it is VERY hard to come up with a solution that will make everyone happy. Actually, it is pretty much impossible. :P

Remember - nothing is permanent, except change. :=)
Considering, GGG has said multiple times, they do not balance the game for Standard, it's more shocking your surprised GGG did not balance for Standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info