Wilson, we've had a problem here

"
MasterTBC2 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
there is nothing ad hominem about calling entitled people kindergartners.

most of the same people wouldnt say shit if their op setup was buffed even more. yet they will qq if its nerfed. thus, they dont care about balance or integrity of the game. they just want moar power; and I laugh heartily when their power is taken away (very rarely nowadays)

the quip about more nerfing than buffing is pure nonsense.
ascendancy by itself was more buff than any nerf in history of poe, providing power far and above beyond power you find on the passive tree, which was one of the staples of what made PoE, PoE

name me one build that could clear dried lake without investing a single point in passive tree in 2.0
name me one build that could clear lunaris without investing a single point in passive tree in 1.0

ascendancies existing alone deem your statement about nerfing more than buffing more simply untrue. stop it.

Sounds like an Inferiority Complex. You apparently don't want people to have fun and cool builds.
Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
no, my fun is different than your fun. giving me ton of power isnt fun to me. hiding behind 'fun' to justify eternal buffs and no nerfs is pathetic.

oh and Im sure things like coc was a 'cool' build to theorycraft right ? probably took nights of research and number crunching right ?

players who dont care about balance and are all about pure selfishness and power greed, I dont care about either. damn right its a schadenfreude situation. Das ist richtig.
Cast on crit has been broken for ages. This is why when something is broken you fix it sooner rather than later. People get used to it and expect to have it. They take it for granted and since it is so op there are many people using it. Then GGG rips the carpet from under them and finally fixes it. It is not right. Fix sooner rather than later.
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
Cast on crit has been broken for ages. This is why when something is broken you fix it sooner rather than later. People get used to it and expect to have it. They take it for granted and since it is so op there are many people using it. Then GGG rips the carpet from under them and finally fixes it. It is not right. Fix sooner rather than later.

no, if something is broken, you just don't release it. and this is why you don't give players great power in the first place. only in tiny doses. of course, if you care about balance of your game.
Yet they are allowing the council bow and voidheart to remain legacy from a temp league.

They have a chance to patch this hole when the gear transfers (do it sooner rather than later like you said) before they piss people off using "the spec" when they hit 95.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

lol GGG gives tons of player power and buffs over last year or so, then does a bit of nerfing, and the forums are full of kindergartners crying their toys were taken away

hilarious, really

GGG does far more nerfing than buffing.

Acro-block, for example. No reason they needed to make it damn near impossible to cap block while having Acrobatics just to get people away from it. Instead of taking from the game, and their players, they should have simply introduced more secondary damage.

How about not resorting immediately to ad hominem when you can't do shit to debate, being a kindergartner yourself?

there is nothing ad hominem about calling entitled people kindergartners.

most of the same people wouldnt say shit if their op setup was buffed even more. yet they will qq if its nerfed. thus, they dont care about balance or integrity of the game. they just want moar power; and I laugh heartily when their power is taken away (very rarely nowadays)

the quip about more nerfing than buffing is pure nonsense.
ascendancy by itself was more buff than any nerf in history of poe, providing power far and above beyond power you find on the passive tree, which was one of the staples of what made PoE, PoE

name me one build that could clear dried lake without investing a single point in passive tree in 2.0
name me one build that could clear lunaris without investing a single point in passive tree in 1.0

ascendancies existing alone deem your statement about nerfing more than buffing more simply untrue. stop it.

Read up on ad hominem. It means an attack against a person. Calling someone something, especially something they aren't, is ad hominem. Regardless of whether it is an attack or not, it is against the person, not their position.

You saying that calling someone something isn't ad hominem is like saying hating Obama because he's black isn't ad hominem. It is.

Ascendancies weren't a buff. They were an addition. There is a large difference between adding and increasing.

Learn what things are. Unless you simply aren't native to English, in which case I suggest you revisit your classes. Then try reading my posts.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
GGG's nerfing fetish makes Blizzard nerfing look like buffing.

lol GGG gives tons of player power and buffs over last year or so, then does a bit of nerfing, and the forums are full of kindergartners crying their toys were taken away

hilarious, really

Acro-block, for example. No reason they needed to make it damn near impossible to cap block while having Acrobatics just to get people away from it. Instead of taking from the game, and their players, they should have simply introduced more secondary damage.

How about not resorting immediately to ad hominem when you can't do shit to debate, being a kindergartner yourself?

haha thats why a 25K dps caster was GG when I got here and 150K is normal today? There is no way they nerf more than buff. We are more OP defensive too with fortify and new flasks..you can still get max block too
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

hilarious, really

haha thats why a 25K dps caster was GG when I got here and 150K is normal today? There is no way they nerf more than buff. We are more OP defensive too with fortify and new flasks..you can still get max block too

Yet gameplay says otherwise.

Right now we have a harder time getting defenses than before. You do recall when Enduring Cry was automated?

You do remember when we had shotgunning?

Jesus, why don't people think before posting?
"
Natharias wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
GGG's nerfing fetish makes Blizzard nerfing look like buffing.

hilarious, really

Considering how ridiculous of a buff was ascendancy to everybody ... no.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Ascendance is optional, so it can't be considered a buff.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Its funy how when CoC whas introduced nobady even whas able to abuse not many people have that strong PC and good internet not to mention old problems.

When players crayed and demanded to put a stop to it GGG not even blink but now when people got PC that can absue this now GGG nerf it becouse of PERFORMANCE resons and servers stability for good of all players.
I know ther are more resonable resons for doing it but i think they done it just becouse it started to hurt them.
That's why I'm not mad that GGG wanted to stop everyone from doing acro-block to destroy their "end game" content. They want it to be difficult. Okay. Totally fine.

But not at the cost of my build. No. Add content that counters my build, don't destroy my build because you are incapable of finding a way to counter it.

We have corrupted blood, reflect, and bearers. That's FAR more complicated to implement than to simply add enemies that deal secondary damage to bypass block and dodge entirely. There's also degenerations and DOTs, like seen in Vortex.
It's not just as simple as balancing a build against PvE content. It's also a matter of balancing player options against competing player options. The best builds should not obviously be the best builds... plus, if one build is much better than competition, then tuning the PvE content against all builds simultaneously becomes increasingly difficult or even impossible.
"
Natharias wrote:
You saying that calling someone something isn't ad hominem is like saying hating Obama because he's black isn't ad hominem. It is.

Ascendancies weren't a buff. They were an addition. There is a large difference between adding and increasing.

Learn what things are. Unless you simply aren't native to English, in which case I suggest you revisit your classes. Then try reading my posts.
sigh...

Ad hominem refers to a logical fallacy of trying to argue that a position is true or false bad on the character of the person stating the position. A person who hates on Obama only because he's black is a bigot and a racist, but isn't committing the ad hominem fallacy unless they go a little further and suppose something which Obama says is false using his race as reasoning.

Calling someone a kindergartner is a bit trickier. I don't think he literally means you're a kindergartner. In any case, I don't think it qualifies as ad hominem either, because "your argument is wrong, therefore you're worthy of petty name-calling" isn't quite the same logical structure as "you're worthy of petty name-calling, therefore your argument is wrong."

For the record, I think grep has been a little obnoxious, but I don't see clear evidence of ad hominem fallacy.

The most common form of ad hominem on these forums is "I see you don't have a level x+ and/or hardcore character and/or x+ achievements, therefore your claim is false."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 31, 2016, 2:02:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info