[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

Yeah but I had empower so it was 16lvl after all

Occultist seemed better because easy power charges. That Inquisitor has no way to generate power charges on bosses. And LMP won't be needed in next update because of new Jewel so Cold penetration can be used instead and in that case Inquisitor is wrong pick.

I liked the design of freezing pulse but it's not that good in practice. Icestorm is better.
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Yeah but I had empower so it was 16lvl after all

Occultist seemed better because easy power charges. That Inquisitor has no way to generate power charges on bosses. And LMP won't be needed in next update because of new Jewel so Cold penetration can be used instead and in that case Inquisitor is wrong pick.

I liked the design of freezing pulse but it's not that good in practice. Icestorm is better.

Occultist is great for the ES regen through damage but that is about it for this build. I don't think it has much synergy at all. You get +1 curse but tri-curse seems a bit overkill. PCOC Setup can be used vs bosses for Charge generation if you can't carry them from trash to boss. I don't think the Chaos explosions are useful since you aren't scaling AoE damage nor Chaos damage.

Inquisitor gets to ignore elemental resistances which means:

1) Freeing up a curse since you don't need Frostbite (Which you put Assassin's Mark in place of for +Crit, +Crit damage taken (a more multiplier), and Power Charge generation)
2) Freeing up a gem slot since you don't need Cold Penetration

I would actually take the 2 Consecrated Ground Asc nodes instead of what the OP states, you get with essentially 100% uptime:

40% Increased Damage
25% Increased Attack / Cast Speed
4% ES Regen/sec
4% Mana Regen/sec
***Immunity to Elemental Status Effects***
(Minor but still nice) 4% Health Regen/sec for your golem. If you were ZO and not VP (Wouldn't recommend) this would become ES regen.

This is always up because it lasts 8 seconds and occurs 25% on kill, 25% when hit from Asc, on demand from a Sulphur Flask (Overflowing is Sulphur base), and if you decide to wear it, Gifts from Above will drop the ground whenever you crit.
Last edited by Kartikeya on Feb 27, 2017, 2:23:45 PM
Hey. Is this a good starting build for 2.6? This build is gonna be buffed in 2.6 right?
Last edited by Silverpion on Feb 27, 2017, 3:28:50 PM
"
Silverpion wrote:
Hey. Is this a good starting build for 2.6? This build is gonna be buffed in 2.6 right?

It should be, I am planning a variation of it and it will be my league starter.

The new threshold jewel gives +2 projectiles to FP, and you can use 2 of them. That means you can get 5 projectiles without having to take the damage penalty of GMP or LMP (and freeing up a gem slot). Having two of them also gives you 50% increased damage for FP when you shatter an enemy.

It will be really easy leveling if you can get your hands on a Bitterdream as well, that should reasonably take you to endgame until you can afford a decent 5L chest.
Last edited by Kartikeya on Feb 27, 2017, 4:09:11 PM
Hello!
I wanna try this build in LEGACY (lol edited that) league with the new threshold jewel that gives us 2 extra projectiles, basicly a free LMP.

What would the 6 link be with that jewel?
Last edited by sylle93 on Feb 27, 2017, 5:00:04 PM
"
sylle93 wrote:
Hello!
I wanna try this build in LEGACY (lol edited that) league with the new threshold jewel that gives us 2 extra projectiles, basicly a free LMP.

Not the build creator, but surely we just keep slower projectiles all the time instead of using it as a swap gem for bosses.
"
Green9090 wrote:
"
sylle93 wrote:
Hello!

Not the build creator, but surely we just keep slower projectiles all the time instead of using it as a swap gem for bosses.

I wouldn't use Slower Projectiles, because it has a weird interaction with Freezing Pulse - an FP projectile's damage diminishes over time, not distance, so the longer it takes to reach its target the less damage it does. So actually Faster Projectiles might be the way to go. (In Breach I used Hypothermia for bosses - 40% MORE damage against chilled enemies at level 20.)

By the way, people thinking about using this build in Legacy should be aware that it isn't a good build for Guardians and Shaper, because they can't be chilled or frozen.
"
TheNukes wrote:
"
Green9090 wrote:
"
sylle93 wrote:
Hello!

I wouldn't use Slower Projectiles, because it has a weird interaction with Freezing Pulse - an FP projectile's damage diminishes over time, not distance, so the longer it takes to reach its target the less damage it does. So actually Faster Projectiles might be the way to go. (In Breach I used Hypothermia for bosses - 40% MORE damage against chilled enemies at level 20.)

By the way, people thinking about using this build in Legacy should be aware that it isn't a good build for Guardians and Shaper, because they can't be chilled or frozen.

Not slower. Why? There's Hypothermia which is 10% more with no downside, your FP will always chill, and frozen counts as being chilled.

So, for maps you roll through anyway: Faster Projectiles

For tougher content: Hypothermia

I tested in Path of Building, and Hypothermia adds more damage than any other gem, including Added Cold.

Against Guardians and Shaper (Cannot be chilled/frozen) you use Elemental Focus over Hypothermia.
Last edited by riverwithin on Feb 28, 2017, 12:51:29 AM
This is the only build I was able to get into endgame on so I want to try it in the legacy league especially with those new jewels. But I feel like it may be a little too expensive as a starter. Looking at a daggerfall trapper build to get myself kickstarted first. But I am more comfortable on the fper... hmmmm decisions.
This is the only build I was able to get into endgame on so I want to try it in the legacy league especially with those new jewels. But I feel like it may be a little too expensive as a starter. Looking at a daggerfall trapper build to get myself kickstarted first. But I am more comfortable on the fper... hmmmm decisions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info