The Essence League Challenges and Rewards

36/40 seem to be easier than ever. Probably manageable within the first week.

Rewards are a bit weak, but still free. The Portal is nice.
Any love for standard league?
Like I am playing challenge leagues only for exclusive content and rewards. I don't care about economy or fully completed challenges (which usually requires sick time investment I can't offer) at all. There is no gap to enjoy what I collected or build over years and that's kind of sad.
So easy challenges :P
Free stuff is always much welcome, id prefer some pet but whatever. Good we dont have armour set again as some ppl want here. I got already red seraph, blue seraph, gold seraph and rigwald from free, not counting other sets from shop and packs :)

It looks like GGG are too lazy to come up w\ good challenge idea. Why do we need 3 of "Kill act bosses" challenges if you could just keep merciless difficulty one. Also please stop forcing us to do useless side quests.

Is anyone here, who's forcing you to do anything? Is it your job or smth?

Of course you have a right to be unsatisfied with new content, but please, think before you write a post.

Why "Kill act bosses" in all difficulties? Because there are and will be a lot of new gamers. Old ones are not the only group, which GGG takes into consideration.

GGG too lazy? Dude, please... Since 2013 they released 4 big expansions and there will be next one soon. They're still improving gameplay, adding new uniques, gems and item atributtes. They're adding new uniques' 3D models, improving game mechanincs and performance - graphics, sounds, skills' work, chat functioning. GGG is one of the few developers, which don't screw around. Maybe their game is not perfect, but GGG do all job without forcing you to pay for it. And you write that they are lazy?

One more time, think before you write a post.
IGN: Cacofonya - Spectre Summoner Witch lvl 87
"
Langhun wrote:
Any love for standard league?
Like I am playing challenge leagues only for exclusive content and rewards. I don't care about economy or fully completed challenges (which usually requires sick time investment I can't offer) at all. There is no gap to enjoy what I collected or build over years and that's kind of sad.

Well, you get the whole Atlas to enjoy, no?
100 atziri kills??
do i have to abuse docks to grind vaals or do they want me to spend all my money?? :O
I like turtles.
I thought the removal of much of the RNG for challenges was a major step forward in Prophecy and this seems a step backwards. Not a huge step backwards, but still backwards.

Unless the odds of the event are trivial then the challenges should be equal.

Kill these Vaal Bosses: this was better as a number as this makes it the same challenge for everyone. Some lucky sod is going to get this in a straight run of fragments and some poor sod is going to run 100 on top of running through the areas to have the right Vaal zone spawn.

Encounters III: this is an odd one, 500 monsters (same for everyone) along side Echoing Shrine, Igna, Cartographers and Haast (not the same). How is the person who gets an Echoing playing normally more skilled than someone who ends up farming Sarn for 3 hours straight? Also, the shrines keep swapping between Divine/Echo and each league has a different ghost as a challenge, just make it a number so it's the same for everyone.

Claim these Essences: and we're back to this crap. One of these will be the Tantalo of essences, two will be whichever the two rarest Perandus chests were. The reason I mention Perandus is that Prophecy was such big step forward and now we're heading right back again.

Complete three Endgame Grinds: this needs to be improved next league (if the backwards steps continue). How about "Have a RedBeak or similarly unwelcome unique drop from one of the following bosses". There's no telling how long that would take! So players would just have to grind and grind, and then there would be that one swine on Reddit saying "dunno what you guys are on about, got it on my third run lol".
"
ooobaaah wrote:
do i have to abuse docks to grind vaals or do they want me to spend all my money??
yes
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
How is the person who gets an Echoing playing normally more skilled than someone who ends up farming Sarn for 3 hours straight?
beware, I already see "grind = hardcoreness" shitposts incoming.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Cicindela wrote:
Essence Portal Effect is great. I like it much more than usual portal. Especially when this bluish swirling portal-thing shows after cracking ice/essence.

But alas, it needs 36 challenges, I'm (my characters) not so good with Path of Exile endgame, so probably I won't be able to earn it.

You dont need to be hardcore to make it. I did in prophecy league and I was barely doing maps. Most of the challenges were easy quest achievements, the remaining can be done with the help of trading, the global820 channel and a couple boss service.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info