Cumulative Atlas Completion Bonus

Okay, wow. Thanks. I am one of those people who really appreciates a smaller amount of quality, POLISHED content, rather than a huge dump of unbalanced/unfinished content. I really really appreciate the extra time you are spending to try and make sure that this league is working as intended on LAUNCH, instead of weeks or months later. <33
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
So if you get 100% bonus, you can never find T1 maps any more?

Or does the bonus only work when playing in maps?

Think the bonus only applies to the atlas of worlds map, so if it becomes an issue of getting T1 maps in maps, one can farm in +act2 merciless to get the T1 maps to drop.

It doesn't matter if it applies only to maps or not.
WHITE MOBS has map level drop restriction = current map level.

So on T1 map, white mobs can only drop T1 maps.
And on T2 map, white mobs can only drop T1-T2 maps.

With 100%+ bonus it will only start affect WHITE mobs on T2+ maps.

The same for Non-map instances, drop restriction = 1 level.

BONUS can't exceed restriction, it only helps you get more higher level tier maps on higher level, by upgrading low/mid tier maps to mid/high tier maps when already playing on high tier maps!

Just see your map stash inventory, it is hard to get +1/+2 maps when running, but it drops many of lower tier! With this bonus you get more maps of tier equivalent or higher to current running map, which will help you sustain higher tier map runs!
"
Shppy wrote:
However, when you step back and look at it from the perspective of running many (non-t16) maps, the bonus compounds itself into something better still. Say you run a t7 map, and on average with a given amount of iiq that would normally drop a couple +0 maps (so t7s). Well, now with a high bonus, instead you're seeing a couple +1 maps... which means you can now advance on to t8s.
Not a couple though. More like one, because white monsters can drop t7s in t7s, and these ones will not be upgraded to the next tier even if upgrade chance procs.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
However, when you step back and look at it from the perspective of running many (non-t16) maps, the bonus compounds itself into something better still. Say you run a t7 map, and on average with a given amount of iiq that would normally drop a couple +0 maps (so t7s). Well, now with a high bonus, instead you're seeing a couple +1 maps... which means you can now advance on to t8s.
Not a couple though. More like one, because white monsters can drop t7s in t7s, and these ones will not be upgraded to the next tier even if upgrade chance procs.

You are right, you wont get any benefits from bonus if map tier = CAP tier mob can drop!
BUT how many maps you got with tier equivalent to mobs CAP restriction, and how many of lower tier?!

You can think about this bonus in another way!
With 100%+ bonus, it means that you get T7 maps at T6 drop chance, T15 maps at T14 drop chance!
This bonus will now work on T15 map drops, but this bonus better than getting tons of lower tier maps and try to exchange them, or run them again if you can't sustain map drop!
Of course previous bonus worked not only on maps, so it was better if not OP!

At first i was a fan of this new idea but the more i thought of it the more i realized just how a 100% bonus from the atlas is going to do nothing for me.

For instance if im running a t9 map, if any white monster drops t9 map it will mean that the bonus did nothing, or if a magic/rare drops a t10 it will also be a wasted bonus, or if the boss should drop t11 same story.

I can see how this might come in handy fairly often on bosses just because they are able to drop +2 and they have a decent mapdrop rate but for a majority (if not all) of the rest of your mapping excluding bosses it doesnt actually have that much of an impact... Atleast in the initial idea of more mapdrops there wasnt a bunch of situations where a 100% bonus is capable of having no impact at all.

Anyway this is just based on my thoughts and no real math so feel free to prove me wrong with facts because i would like to be positive about this but right now im not.
Last edited by Xantium on Aug 31, 2016, 11:03:23 AM
Could they make it so that if a map would drop that is already max level and cannot get the +1 (or +2), it instead rolls a chance, say 1/2 your map completion bonus, as a chance to drop a second map of that kind? possibly a twinned version of it
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
With 100%+ bonus, it means that you get T7 maps at T6 drop chance, T15 maps at T14 drop chance!
This bonus will now work on T15 map drops, but this bonus better than getting tons of lower tier maps and try to exchange them, or run them again if you can't sustain map drop!
Haven't you read the thread at all?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715389/page/6#p13598226
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715389/page/2#p13597390

tl'dr: 2x ALL drops were exchanged for (actually less than)2x TOP TIER ONLY drops. Not a good change from my point of view.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

tl'dr: 2x ALL drops were exchanged for (actually less than)2x TOP TIER ONLY drops. Not a good change from my point of view.
Getting a tier upgrade is like dropping 3 of the un-upgraded map, the new completion bonus looks much better than getting a second map that probably will just roll into a garbage tier anyways.
ign: Quepha
OK I have a question then (maybe stupid).

How Zana works with Atlas? We have a bonus from Zana missions, when we are using maps from the Map device in our hideout.
Is this cumulative with Atlas, overlaps, or something else?

Can somebody explain it all to me?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nykken wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Getting a tier upgrade is like dropping 3 of the un-upgraded map, the new completion bonus looks much better than getting a second map that probably will just roll into a garbage tier anyways.
Again - 2x ALL drop vs 2x TOP TIER ONLY drops. Note that "all" includes "top tier".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info