Two new uniques: The Brass Dome & Kitava's Thirst

"
Bars wrote:

Or you can play this, be at ~4k life and 4,5k ES with hybrid life/es gear and oneshot everything with EK without needing additional procs? This build was dealing 150k dps in in the Awakening expansion before they buffed EK damage and without any ascendancy class, now it'll have at least 200k and cruise through the game in business class :P

Maybe people want to try out a funky cool builds and not strictly straightforward strong builds?

Anyway I hope I can make a melee Wild Strike berserker for maximum random procs with the helm, will need to wait for patch notes and the rest of the uniques before I can decide on it tho.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
^What's the fun in that, it's obviously already done before.

I also have to question how he survived reflect with that.

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit: i thought i already established in a previous post that this might not create meta-builds, but rather mechanically complex builds.

If i wanted to play meta, i would review the patch notes for 5 minutes and create the most cost-efficient pusher based on that knowledge.

Rather i like to make complex builds that can run all map modifiers it's confronted with, or just fun stuff with reasonable complexity.

To each his own though.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 29, 2016, 12:30:40 PM
I know, just wanted to reinforce my original point: there will be funky builds with the helmet but they won't be top tier.

About phys reflect, many options really. VP + life leech gem and atziri + basalt flask will do the trick, phys to lightning gem is a great boost, there's also warlord's mark, cwdt + IC for a small breathing window, etc.

I don't know why people are so scared of phys reflect, I've been playing crit phys spell builds for a long time without any armour or flat phys mitigation and always found ways to deal with it. You skip the phys reflect maps, of course. Single mobs are not a problem with a proper defensive mechanism. Last build I played in Prophecy SC was a 4800 hp glass cannon with coc barrage EK and Bladefall, was dealing ridiculous amounts of damage and I only needed an atziri + taste of hate flasks for the occasional reflect mob. Also had cwdt + warlord's mark but it didn't always activate because I was oneshotting and offscreening stuff too much.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 29, 2016, 12:32:29 PM
"
Bars wrote:

I don't know why people are so scared of phys reflect, I've been playing crit phys spell builds for a long time without any armour or flat phys mitigation and always found ways to deal with it. You skip the phys reflect maps, of course. Single mobs are not a problem with a proper defensive mechanism.

You take that as a given, but none of my builds can't handle reflect maps to their primary dps attribute.

Even my prophecy full crit arc can run reflect. Even if i don't use vinktars it can run them.(in case you wanted to check and use the vinktars as a counter)

It's all about personal goals though, i see it as a challenge to make builds that can survive those environments.

Obviously if you just skip em it's just "push deeps", the end. Which might be fine for some but not for me.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : it's also about my personal efficiency though, since i play solo if i run a double/triple pack size modifier with reflect on it, i want to be able to run it without alternating chars.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 29, 2016, 12:36:14 PM
"
Boem wrote:

You take that as a given, but none of my builds can't handle reflect maps to their primary dps attribute.

Even my prophecy full crit arc can run reflect. Even if i don't use vinktars it can run them.(in case you wanted to check and use the vinktars as a counter)

It's all about personal goals though, i see it as a challenge to make builds that can survive those environments.

Obviously if you just skip em it's just "push deeps", the end. Which might be fine for some but not for me.

edit : it's also about my personal efficiency though, since i play solo if i run a double/triple pack size modifier with reflect on it, i want to be able to run it without alternating chars.

Well, if you are hell-bent on doing phys reflect, you replace a blue support gem with added chaos and use EK level 1 and run it at a surprisingly decent speed, I just don't like the hassle. Also, the way I see it, if you can run a reflect map with your primary setup, you're:

a) in a HC league or pushing for 100
b) chaos build

...or your build is overly defensive :D

But it's all a matter of perspective and goals, of course.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Those uniques look pretty cool, kudos to the designer(s).
I assume that this Chest doesnt interact with art of the gladiatior, does it?

"ignore all movement penalties from armour" at least sounds like it. another downside you can just ignore.
Art of the Gladiator negates innate movespeed penalties on armours, not magic affixes.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:

Whichever way you go about it, Hierophant is gonna rule with this helmet.

Look at the second GGG quote in this thread.

"mana spend" = hierophant is going to suck with this helmet because he has 100% reduced mana cost, meaning you spend 0.

But the rest seems possible, though i consider it a high investment for a return that can't run all map mods.
I prefer pushing the mana really high and going trickster to benefit from the 20% to restore 10% mana.
And possibly using mana leech in the secondary cast to fill in gaps.(your mana leech cap is going to be quite spectacular with a high base pool, making mana leech efficienct imo)

Mass dodge backed up with life/mom defensive pool should do fine with this. 61% spell dodge can be achieved to counter reflect and 50% dodge + base evasion.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : or you have to skip the final node in hierophant, then there are indeed a lot of possibility's with him.
Sort of neglected that, cause i consider the reduced mana cost one of the main selling points of hierophant, apologies.

edit 2 : so, hierophant with illu devotion/conviction of power/divine guidance/pursuit of faith could definitely be a thing.

Yeah it doesn't take sanctuary of thouht. Instead just takes the mana node leading to it, also skipping pursuit of faith because it isn't very useful at all.

The non-incinerate version also doesn't take SoT, instead opting for triple totems, which with flame totem can easily reach 100 mana per summon. Firestorm and self-cast curses would also reach 100 per use, meaning any action becomes offensive, not just just casting your manual firestorm.

The best part of hierophant, other than the stacking of mana and extra 10% MoM effect, is that any spells in the helmet gain 20% ele pen, opening up skills like firestorm which have a great damage per cast ratio.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
I assume that this Chest doesnt interact with art of the gladiatior, does it?

"ignore all movement penalties from armour" at least sounds like it. another downside you can just ignore.

Art of the Gladiator can't, but a Juggernaut can. Movespeed cannot be reduced below base speed is pretty cut and dry.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info