WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

Been following this topic, the new update has really interested me (mainly the arena. always thought poe needed one. Act4 daresso area got my hopes up).

So now I'm wondering, as someone with horrible internet, how big is the download (not necessarily the installed size)? I don't leave my pc on and share my amazing 5.5mb/s. big games are a no-go :(
rawr. fear me.
Thanks. that's reasonable. split it up over a couple days. it should be a smaller DL than filesize i hope. or atleast the same. Has it been on sale yet (so I can possibly wait for another)?
rawr. fear me.
I wish this game was advencing little quicker with the online option too.
POE really need concurrence right now because since they beat down D3 it seems the gameplay quality went downhill after POE flawless victory.

with those new projectiles shooter skills and the end of reflect I really feel GGG is too comfortable and decided to stop any step toward perfection. They are now targeting fast food instead of delicate cuisine.... :(

The art and story of POE is still top notch, the music is always mindblowing but sadly the balanced aspect of new released skills are not anymore controlled by the fear of breaking the game.

The fact every competitive aspect of poe (races mainly but also a little pvp) got scraped show me that without concurrence POE will drift toward a stale and arcade playstyle. Competitiveness is what made POE so great and it is sad there is no need anymore to balance things because of it.

I wish Wolcen was F2p because I can not really afford it until I am really sure it will include online option or good amount of acts.

But really for the sake of POE Wolcen need to succeed (because I believe if POE get concurrence they will again work for perfection as I feel Chris is a competitor).

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 1, 2017, 9:07:57 AM
screenshot of the week - firearms
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb4Yz2ZFCf5/

Incoming gem system, getting more POE like by the day :)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/424370/announcements/detail/1457341716608024580

but with less RNG due to no socket/link and armour base system
And no skills, just affixes

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 1, 2017, 5:04:18 PM
Great game that much like POE has come a long way from where it was the first time i heard about it. I've been following it for quite some time now and still visit the ongoing beta every patch just to see what more they add. Of course its a lot more like Grim Dawn an in the fact its taking them a long time to piece it together but its also a lot more like POE in the promise that when its all said and done we will have a great game that might even one day see itself competing with POE..

Which like Charan said.. Something i think POE kinda needs right now.. A real competition to drive them to make POE even better than it already is. Not saying POE is a bad game but i feel like its getting complaisant somewhat just because the fact of the matter is.. There's really no other competition ATM.. D3? Not even close and even Grim Dawn leaves little to be desired imo for replay ability. Theres many many others of course but i would be naming all day and most of which also follow formulas or go the same routes we have all see too many times before.

I think like POE Wolcen has something special going for it and have high hopes it will continue and grow into something that actually gives me something else to go to when i get burned out on POE and need a break.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 2, 2017, 10:30:07 AM
I really enjoy the idea of dual online/offline option in an arpg.
Playing online is sometime... time consuming.

Wolcen seems really interesting but I am curious what did they do to melee recently? You guys are saying they broke it? It looked way too fun, I hope it will be fun in the futur too.

The team studio really feel like those old GGG pictures.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 3, 2017, 10:31:54 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
GGG desperately need some serious competition to get them back into high gear.

"Our passion for the game is determined by other games' positioning, relative to their marketshare."
Yeah I really don't get the argument that GGG has somehow become complacent. They just delivered the biggest expansion ever and they aren't slowing down anytime soon.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Yeah I really don't get the argument that GGG has somehow become complacent. They just delivered the biggest expansion ever and they aren't slowing down anytime soon.

I can't exactly call it the most polished one ever, though, and I'd guesstimate it received maybe half the number of minor patches that 2.0 had before 2.1 came out.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Mages still crap all over melee in the latest patch. Honestly, the changes to defenses and HP favor ranged over melee.

Just make a mage and spam thunderbolt. The act boss drops a 2h unique sword that gives a ton of spell crit %.

The ogre boss mob in the arena, he got dropped in about 6 seconds. He was dead before he could heal once.

Make a Dex + crossbow character if you want the fastest combo of movement + clearing speeds through areas.

I don't see any advantages for going heavy armor + melee, atm. I got a really decent heavy armor STR set + 2 decent 2h weapons, and it's just not as good as a mage or dex + xbow character.

I'm not really sold on hybrid builds, either. I think they need to add the additional rings and make some changes to existing ones before hybrid builds without massive drawbacks will be viable.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 3, 2017, 5:59:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info