WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Lightning Strike is SO FUCKING SATISFYING. You want to feel like a badass zapping shit everywhere, that's the skill you want. I don't think I've seen any ARPG do a basic channeled chain lightning as well as Wolcen does. D3's was too lightweight; D2's was too erratic; PoE's is too twitchy.

Okay, so I want to discuss those passives a bit more now that I've built and 'finished' characters using all ten 'segments' of the wheel. The really important thing is there are absolutely no double ups and even minor nodes function as dramatically as a PoE notable. The larger ones are almost keystones. This means that there is one basic node that dramatically adds crit chance with daggers, one node that affects mage staff attacks, one node that extends dodge-roll range, and so on. Wolcen's notables do things like two-handed-weapons-as-one-handed, shifting the elemental damage around, creating elemental damage fields on elemental kill, significantly raising an attribute while dropping others, and so on.

What they don't do is merely add damage or defence. That comes down to your gear and your attributes. But some will add base attributes; many add low percentile.

There are quite a few nodes not yet enabled, and some of them have some pretty exciting names. Twin Pistol Mastery, for example.

Which is all to say, the passives in Wolcen do a LOT of heavy lifting as far as how your character grows but not in so bland a way as simply adding attributes or damage/defence.

stop it, just stop it!

your making me want to buy Wolcen lol
I dont see any any key!
Gotta say i absolutely adore the movement this game has, feels really awesome and way less clunky than PoE or D3. Casting feels great, 2 even though i don't like wielding a staff (as it loses dash possibility) and using a normal weapon would make it harder to keep your umbra on decent levels.
2 small questions though: Anyone knows if "spinning the wheel"/reseting choices will eventually cost something?
And is the town lagging quite massively or is that just me? :)
I decided to make a melee character and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Feels a lot more fluid than its predecessors. Rage generation while auto-dashing and taking attacks is amazing. My character has no issues with rage generation and I can spam Whirlwind almost constantly.

Wolcen

For those who are interested. Updated my signature to give it a (well deserved) plug while posting in the other forums as well. GGG should really be paying attention to Wolcen, because build diversity is fantastic. Playing as a melee character and still having the ability to be a good spell caster for instance. I'm going to test out thorns damage too. My interest in 3.0 is quickly diminishing thanks to Wolcen.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Yay
https://wolcengame.com/update-0-5-0-1-new-targeting-system-new-elemental-storms-and-more/

I love that they are redesigning elemental storms, those things where just too powerful killing the whole screen at the same time haha.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Dorlok wrote:

And is the town lagging quite massively or is that just me? :)

It's weird, sometimes I get a solid 60 fps in town and sometimes it goes down to 30 or so. Alpha shenanigans :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
bump, need to know more about melee in this game
Forum pvp
I'm just waiting for the Linux release they promised.
"
Kellog wrote:

keep waiting

like all Linux releases its probably really really low priority
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Aug 18, 2017, 10:36:30 AM
Sad? you should be happy. They focusing on whats important. :D
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

keep waiting

like all Linux releases its probably really really low priority

The game uses CryEngine which has had Linux support since 2015. Had it been a proprietary platform, I'd be less hopeful. The Developers also said the Linux edition would be available prior to the full release of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info