ZiggyD Showcases Five Map Bosses from Atlas of Worlds

hope not all maps have separated arena for Bosses otherwise rip ghosting bosses.
Really enjoying some of the shown mechanics in these fights. I'd rather bosses do more damage but have highly telegraphed attacks than for areas to be arcade bullet hell zones.

That flaming freezing pulse fire and fury uses, tho. Nice!
Bring back race seasons.
That is EXACTLY what I was afraid of. No maps anymore where you can just have an easier time and relax a bit.

None of those bosses can be done with ANY mods that increase AoE, because the arenas are small as f**k.
The Gorge-boss has a one-shot mechanic, nice!!!!!
The ideas with the Rhoas nests and the switches is nice, the portals are a really funny gimmick. But hell no, as a casual player I wanted to see some more laydback stuff.

And all of them are basically unkillable as a melee character. Fun and interactive gameplay!

I don't understand it: We tell GGG basically every day in every available forum: We don't like clusterf**k mechanics.

And all they give us is clusterf**k mechanics! Or oneshots.

On a bright side: I love the new tilesets, I really hope when they say we want to balance the old and good maps with the old and hated maps they don't just make the nice maps worse and the bad ones stay as they are. I would like to play a torture chamber (sans boss of course, see clusterf**k), but I can't justify the blood pressure increasing that stupid layout has on me!
Last edited by t_golgari on Aug 26, 2016, 2:13:12 AM
"
pathfinding wrote:
Hm, Lady Stormflay and Megaera, you will be missed. I guess it's highly subjective, but especially Megaera is quite an iconic boss for me.

+1 from me. I have lots of memorable almost rips to these guys. The excitement of doing Megaera in a minus max map will be missed.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Really enjoying some of the shown mechanics in these fights. I'd rather bosses do more damage but have highly telegraphed attacks than for areas to be arcade bullet hell zones.

So what did you see that you enjoyed? The portals thingy was a pure bullet hell. Play that one with any bit of extra speed lol.

The goat with extra Aoe...

If they can do switches and stuff: Why can't we get switches that decrease loot but make the bosses EASIER for once????????????Like give them temp chains or something!!

I would really like an option to OPT OUT of the stupid stuff Laboratory, I'm talking about you, too!)
Last edited by t_golgari on Aug 26, 2016, 2:17:43 AM
Watching this video more has me thirsty for some new MTX.

Fire and Fury's Flaming Pulse+Fire Warp.

Riftwalker's Void Vortex+Shimmer effect.

You want more $ GGG? Release these to players.
Bring back race seasons.
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

So what did you see that you enjoyed? The portals thingy was a pure bullet hell. Play that one with any bit of extra speed lol.

The goat with extra Aoe...

If they can do switches and stuff: Why can't we get switches that decrease loot but make the bosses EASIER for once????????????Like give them temp chains or something!!

I would really like an option to OPT OUT of the stupid stuff Laboratory, I'm talking about you, too!)

That wasn't bullet hell. Those projectiles moved really slowly. And the skill is Vortex. So it's a degen; you won't get oneshot by it. Boss changed up routine by summoning a larger expanding Vortex in the middle of arena if you were too close. And it used Spectral Throw. Honestly I only see it as bullet hell if you're stupid enough to do him with Multiple Projectiles.

The goat with extra AoE would still be fine. The leap itself is slow, if you noticed. And, if you watch, Ziggy survives a leap. Odds are the closer to the impact center you are, the more damage you take. The rings of the impact will do less damage. So it's dangerous, yes. But the boss is slow, and the boss has a long cooldown window where you can chunk him. You could literally just run around willy nilly until the cooldown time. It's as trivial as Vaal Oversoul. Without the dangers of shock or falling rocks. Just, obviously, don't get slammed. ;)

EDIT: The Riftwalker boss probably was using Frostbolt too, but since there was no cast animation for when he used Vortex to terminate the projectiles, IDK. They just self terminated into a Vortex.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Aug 26, 2016, 2:24:35 AM
Nice... I like the variation and the different mechanics/visuals.

I can't wait to fight the huge goat boss and the void boss could be interesting depending on the mechanics.
MORE ESSENCE LEAGUE INFO!!!?? :P
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 26, 2016, 2:22:04 AM
Looks awesome :o
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info