Detailed Atlas Mechanics

Since the atlas is shared league wise what happens when the league merges in standard?
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Thanks for this very detailed post!

"
Chris wrote:
There are three types of Cartographer's Sextant: Apprentice, Journeyman and Master's.
[...]
Shaper's Orbs are essentially quest items, in that they are non-tradeable.

Does this mean that three slots (and a fourth one for Silver Coins) will be added to the Currency Stash tabs, but none for Shaper's Orbs ?

"
Chris wrote:
If you complete a legacy map, then it'll unlock an equivalent map of the same tier as well as all the maps leading up to that map. This allows you to catch up with your Atlas progress quickly.

This is much appreciated! Thanks!
I do wish we had known sooner about these mechanical details : I've been wondering for a while if all our soon-to-be-legacy red maps were going to drop nothing but T1 maps from the beginning of Atlas of Worlds.

"
Chris wrote:
The Vaal Temple map is now Tier 16.

:O :O :O
Oh dear...
"
Kagari wrote:
Sounds really complicated for the same result tbh...

Some will still buy their maps and have a good time, while some other random players will be hit by bad RNG and won't enjoy what the atlas has to offer cause the droprates will screw them, won't let them have access to the new content.

I hope i'm wrong.

That is what I was thinking. This feels like a whole lot of song and dance for the exact same system we have now but with very slightly more control.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
This is so amazing, it sucks that I will not be able to play PoE for the next 6 months :/
IGN Mahavir
Sextants Shaper Orbs aren't tradeable, ergo they can actually have a decent drop rate without impacting the economy.

Best thing I read about atlas so far, hope they make these kind of decisions more in the future.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Aug 24, 2016, 4:38:18 AM
"

That is what I was thinking. This feels like a whole lot of song and dance for the exact same system we have now but with very slightly more control.

There was something that didn't quite sit right with me, and I think this is it. Perhaps it was always too good to be true, but I thought we'd come away with quite a lot more control over what map would drop based on where we farmed. The increase in control, seems, as you put it, very slight.

Maybe a nice compromise would be dividing the Atlas into quadrants, and then refining the rule that says "Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters)." to "Maps you've previously completed in this league from its quadrant (including on other characters).

That would still preserve low tier maps dropping, but still let you focus a bit more on farming a map or two in particular. As it stands, suppose you really want to farm the Cells Map. Under the new system, your incentive is now to NOT complete any other maps from that tier so that all of those [tier whatever] drops will be cells maps. I think that's a bad incentive to have given that this expansion is supposed to be embracing how robust and diverse the mapping system is (and should be).
I have a question about Shaper's Orbs, when a specific map becomes shaped it gains 5 tier levels, but will it still drop according to its original tier? Example: I shape a Tier 2 map it becomes Tier 7, will it still drop from Tier 1 and up or it will start dropping only from Tier 5+?
"
innervation wrote:
"

There was something that didn't quite sit right with me, and I think this is it. Perhaps it was always too good to be true, but I thought we'd come away with quite a lot more control over what map would drop based on where we farmed. The increase in control, seems, as you put it, very slight.

Maybe a nice compromise would be dividing the Atlas into quadrants, and then refining the rule that says "Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters)." to "Maps you've previously completed in this league from its quadrant (including on other characters).

That would still preserve low tier maps dropping, but still let you focus a bit more on farming a map or two in particular. As it stands, suppose you really want to farm the Cells Map. Under the new system, your incentive is now to NOT complete any other maps from that tier so that all of those [tier whatever] drops will be cells maps. I think that's a bad incentive to have given that this expansion is supposed to be embracing how robust and diverse the mapping system is (and should be).

I can't judge it until I actually use it but at the moment it definitely feels like it is going to mostly boil down to the same mapping experience with a bit more variety in map layout. I think people are still going to get RNG fucked on trying to advance tiers. I was hoping we were going to get a system that made actual progression less blockaded by RNG and instead focused on making map crafting more exciting and meaningful.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Beregondz wrote:
I have a question about Shaper's Orbs, when a specific map becomes shaped it gains 5 tier levels, but will it still drop according to its original tier? Example: I shape a Tier 2 map it becomes Tier 7, will it still drop from Tier 1 and up or it will start dropping only from Tier 5+?

according to as i understand the drop will be of tier:7 and i think if u want tier:2 maps u have to farm in the other 3 sides of the atlas which u have not put the shaper orb in.
correct me if i'm wrong
Last edited by gamer60 on Aug 24, 2016, 4:45:13 AM
"
innervation wrote:
"

Wow i didn't even think about that Oo

Nothing prevent someone to buy a gorge and "force" the drop to be exclusively this map ? Oo
I don't know how the map drop rates work but if the game decide to give you a map from the unlocked pool, if you have nothing under gorge tier you can't get fucked by getting a T1 on a high lvl map ???

That sounds terrible if it's the case. Some people will just wait until a speed map is on the market while doing some dried lake to never ruin their atlas and then "lock" their map drop because they only have the one they want available in their drop pool ???

Some could also make "map farming accounts" where they only target a specific map to fuel their league characters.
This beign acount wide, you can now ruin you account permanantly by playing some crappy maps like dungeon.

Once again, i hope i'm wrong or this new system is a complete failure without any deep thinking.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Aug 24, 2016, 4:50:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info