Detailed Atlas Mechanics

Atlas is "optional" just like ascendancy points gated behind lab :)

sure sure ...

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
However, Shaped versions of that map will now start dropping. Unshaped versions will not drop for you any more.

I don't like this.

I would love to play a couple tier 10+5 maps, but sometimes I just want to chill and play easier maps. For me this means that using the Shaper Orb might lock me out of the easier version of the maps that I like.

I'll probably never use this orb on any of my favorite maps because of this. Please make it so that you can find both versions of the map.
Last edited by Hogaric on Aug 24, 2016, 4:10:21 AM
Sounds really complicated for the same result tbh...

Some will still buy their maps and have a good time, while some other random players will be hit by bad RNG and won't enjoy what the atlas has to offer cause the droprates will screw them, won't let them have access to the new content.

I hope i'm wrong.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Sounds interesting but yeah ... That's a lot of things to take into consideration before league's start.
Hf :)
"
The Shaper's Orb is a non-tradeable consumable

Finally, at long last, they got the balls to step outside of that policy that has been limiting PoE design for so long. They opened the box with the tools to do great things.
Casually casual.

What happens if the sextant adds a mod you cannot do with your character? ... Is there a way to remove the sextant's effect?

Also, since there is now a tier 16 map, how will the twinned T1-15 challenge work? ... Will this now become do twinned t1-16 or will it become like "complete xx of the following map tiers while they have the twinned mod"?

Thanks for the information!
Last edited by sarannah101 on Aug 24, 2016, 4:16:02 AM
Am I the only one wondering if guardian shaped maps will drop uber fragments for an uber shaper? :)
Oh goody, the details are here. A lot to digest:

"
The Atlas helps you understand what maps can drop in each area

Does it? In the early going, maps adjacent to the one you're running are in the 'fog of war' [fog of cartography?], so it doesn't help there. Once you've uncovered a lot of the map,

"
For the most part, the map drop system works the same as before...Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).

it's basically only telling you what you already know, which is that any map can drop. Unless we can skip bosses on low tiers so that those maps remain incomplete, then trade for T7 maps from others. Then nothing lower than T7 drops, right? Assuming we start our boss killing there?

--

GJ on the Shaper's Orbs - glad to see these not at the mercy of RNG/trading. It seems that these more than the Sextants will change the fundamentals of our character's 68-88 progression, and end game pursuits, so this was a good choice.

Sextants being tradeable makes sense for the corollary reason(s).

Glad to hear that once you shape a map, only the shaped version will drop (pretty sure that's a reversal from one of the hype weekend videos/articles.

--

"
Corrupting a map will upgrade to a connected higher-level map also.

Maybe I'm a bit slow this morning, but perhaps another sentence before this one would help clarify. "If a map corrupted by a Vaal Orb would result in the map gaining a tier, it will upgrade to a map connected to the original on the Atlas". Because the original is tacked on right after vendoring, I had to read it a few times to realize that this was a separate idea non-related to vendoring.

--

10% quantity for the Guardian Fragments seems a bit low -_- not that I plan on interacting with them much.

--

Thx for the info!

Spoiler
Now about those patch notes...
"
sarannah101 wrote:
What happens if the sextant adds a mod you cannot do with your character? ... Is there a way to remove the sextant's effect?

Also, since there is now a tier 16 map, how will the twinned T1-15 challenge work? ... Will this now become do twinned t1-16 or will it become like "complete xx of the following map tiers while they have the twinned mod"?

Thanks for the information!

My assumption: I think you can basically enter that map 5 times, without even killing any monster. If I understood correctly, one of the sextant "charges" or whatever it is called, gets consumed when you enter a map.
I know it's not true, but it could be.
"
Miazga wrote:
Atlas is "optional" just like ascendancy points gated behind lab :)

sure sure ...

Game content is gated beyond gameplay, truly revolting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info