Guardians of the Void - Unique Items

Sweet ring
I think that "Innocence" will be a future expansion boss based around one of the "Dyadus Twins."
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
That amulet would go good with my twin Mokou build. Also been wanting a reason to use my two Hotfooted jewels. I can't wait to try that combo out!
Last edited by MimSiE on Aug 23, 2016, 12:31:39 PM
"
It's only the colour that defines those items as 'unique'.

also that they have mods that you can't roll on rare items
Not really impressed with the amulet, but maybe somebody would like it (assuming you can self ignite -- if you can't the amulet is even less desirable).

I think I'd rather use Marohi than the brain rattler, but the Brain rattler is not without some merits on its own. Why would you need to scale lightning on a conversion item? You can still scale phys with it just fine, and essentially do the same thing. Did you know that Herald of Ash actually works well on avatar of fire builds that use physical weapons? I know right? It's okay, but as a melee weapon you're probably already going to be using marohi and not need to swap. I think it might be more useful in hipster builds like lightning bladefall trap (no I don't think it'll surpass the meta of poison bladefall trap, but it's still amusing to think about).

The ring is what catches my eye as potentially useful. Being one of the few things that gives spell projectiles I'm impressed. Most things just give arrows, so I'm happy to see this contrast. But I don't see the ring as being particularly useful unless you're just trying to increase your projectile AoE. In which case it very little damage benefits over other rings, except cold spells. Only way I could see it work with only a single ring to replace LMP rather than supplement it is with the deadeye ascendancy (either from ascendant or pure). If it were two projectiles I'd be more inclined to really want the ring as it could essentially replace LMP on its own, although I think that might be too powerful, considering that two rings could then replace GMP.
amulet:very bad
ring:ok not to op
mace:hype!
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

I think I'd rather use Marohi than the brain rattler, but the Brain rattler is not without some merits on its own. Why would you need to scale lightning on a conversion item? You can still scale phys with it just fine, and essentially do the same thing. Did you know that Herald of Ash actually works well on avatar of fire builds that use physical weapons? I know right? It's okay, but as a melee weapon you're probably already going to be using marohi and not need to swap. I think it might be more useful in hipster builds like lightning bladefall trap (no I don't think it'll surpass the meta of poison bladefall trap, but it's still amusing to think about).

You don't really "want" to scale lightning, but if your going for full conversion then you need lightning pen and preferably a lot more then just the support gem, given how EE/lightning resistance etc are map mods and how bosses always have sufficient lightning resistance.

Without other sources of lightning pen you would be doing like 50% of the tooltip dps on mobs that actually require the most damage output.

Scaling phys obviously works, but your going to inconsistently die to reflect when mobs have low lightning resistance or high. As well as deal damage inconsistently.

Ironically, ice crash is the best skill option for it after my theory crafting with it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
nice
Can you please update freeze pulse aiming so we can use snakepit.

TY
WTB all 3 ... offer 3 chaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info