Why people dislike The Vertex so much ?

Hi guys,

I don't understand why the vertex is so underated ? I mean, if you search any 350+ ES helmet, they are all going for couple of EX.. except the Vertex..

I'am the only one who thinking that it's not that bad ?

You got +1 gem for lvl 21 disc, so you get more ES, +1 on enlighten lvl4 for a lot of reduc mana reserved, chaos resist, and a lot of eva.

I rather prefer a Vertex with 340 ES, than a 400 ES Helmet with some resist..

Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 7:40:19 AM
I assume you're talking about standard league and developed temp sc leagues. It's not bad at all, it just drops a lot from uber and people who spam uber have a lot of them, so the price drops. The supply is greater than the demand.

The price in HC leagues, especially near the start, is much higher and it's usually difficult to even find one for sale.

Are Kaom's axe and Hezmana's bad? They are the go-to uniques to start mapping with some builds, excellent for the start of a league - and yet they quickly depreciate to the point of being narly free. They are great and everyone likes them, it's just a matter of supply vs demand.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 22, 2016, 5:14:59 AM
Speaking of underrated stuff... hrimnor's dirge and the cauteriser. Those two easily deal enough damage to get you through cruel and also at the very least act 1 merciless. Hrimnor's is also my number 1 weapon for normal lab in prophecy.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
The Cauterizer is good enough for early/mid maps. It's so incredibly powerful, it's stupid; 240 DPS Physical 'DPS' and 70% Phys as Fire means Kaom's Primacy is generally only a bit stronger. The Death's Harp of melee weapons (Opus/Prism are beyond even that though, lol).

--------
The Vertex is good and cool. Nothing wrong with it. *shrug*
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 22, 2016, 7:01:48 AM
The most interesting thing I ever pulled off with Vertex were 0 mana Aura totems on a summoner before 2.0. Afterwards we got a jewel for that and RM was changed to reduced mana so the whole thing was trivialized, unfortunately.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Vertex is extremely powerful for hybrid builds.

But hybrid builds in general are a pain to create and optimize, mostly because the game offers no benefits to doing so.

Even the "you have a bigger health pool" is more or less a scam, since you need to divide power to sustain both resources.

Ultimately, investing in a single type of EHP pool and focusing all your sustain on that single one is more beneficial.

But it certainly is a cool item and having it cost next to nothing makes it an extremely potent ES source.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
hybrid really only works when you have no other options. like for example if you are life based but want more ehp to take a really big hit .. then 1 -2 k extra es isnt that bad of a deal.. especially since you can get a decent chunk of es from int

but that usually uses pure es items with a life roll.

hybrid armor on the other hand i dont think has ever been good... with the exception of may be armor eva build pieces converted to iron-reflexes
^I want a keystone that does something like

"Nether/itheryel distribution"

"10% of all damage bypasses energy shield and is converted to chaos damage
5% of all damage bypasses energy shield and is converted to physical damage

- Stun is based on 75% of the total combined life and energy shield value
- life gain on hit and life leech are divided over life and energy shield at 25%/75% value's"

Yes it would be mandatory. But fuck, throw hybrids a bone already.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Its a good helmet but when you compare it to the other potential Uber drops its very underwhelming. Just like the Pale Council items.

Though i think people dont have a grasp on how to use the helmet well still.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 22, 2016, 8:10:26 AM
vertex has never been underrated.
it just drops often.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info